Wonder of the Seas

Just did a B2B on the Wonder of the Seas and we thought the ship rolled a lot more than other Oasis class ships we have been on.......We have been on the Oasis, Harmony, Allure.  The first week it was like sailing on a lake with perfect conditions.  However, the ship had a noticeable roll feeling and Captain Rob claimed there was nothing wrong with the ship during the captain's corner.   Anyone else noticed this on their sailing on the Wonder?

I'm no expert on these things -- and there are people on here and other places online that are -- but I suppose it's possible the stabilizers may be slightly different since the Wonder is newer and maybe the system doesn't work quite as effectively? I don't know if the stabilizing system on the Wonder is identical to the other Oasis ships. It wouldn't surprise me if the technology was slightly different.

But more than likely it was just the sea conditions. 

We had nothing on Wonder to note.  For the Oasis class, we have been on Oasis, Harmony, Allure and Wonder.  Only on Allure did we really notice any motion.  It was only for a day or two and it was long rolling intervals, so it was probably just the sea conditions for us.  My guess is that is what you were experiencing.

We were on the Thanksgiving 2022 sailing of Wonder. We had a medical emergency onboard that couldn’t be airlifted. They started to try to make a high speed run to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale. Man, it started rocking and rolling like no other oasis class ship we had been on. It appeared to be making everyone onboard woozy. I think that was part of the reason why they decided to slow down and turn back to Puerto Rico. 
   We don’t normally have any issues at all with movement. It seems to have this kinda slow cyclic rock that gets worse at speed. Well that’s my $.02 on the subject. Anyone else onboard for that trip?…

None of the six of us felt unusual or excessive motion back in January (excluding the last sea day which we had high winds and waves), but none of us are sensitive to motion. We've sailed Oasis and Allure prior and we did not notice a difference. We're sailing Wonder again this October... will keep that in mind and see if we notice it this time.

1 hour ago, ChessE4 said:

Haven't been on the Wonder yet, but I am in the minority of guests who enjoy a little roll, a chance to use my sea legs. Hope it doesn't affect performers...

I like just enough roll to "feel" that I'm on a ship.  I don't have another Oasis class experience to compare it with, but on Wonder we kept forgetting we were on a ship at all as we hardly felt any movement.

Unless someone sails each ship 100 times the sample size is too small to declare anything from a handful of sailings.

"Flat" seas are still subject to swell.  Waves are not swell. 

One ship can sail a route and experience swell then the very next day another ship following the same route in the same position may not experience any swell.  That doesn't make the second ship more "stable".  That's the way the oceans work.  All ships regardless of size are subject to swell.