Using Dyson Hair Wrap onboard

mrsDavi

• AshleyDillo changed the title to Using Dyson Hair Wrap onboard
20 hours ago, tonyfsu21 said:

Make sure you keep it with you and don’t check it with the porters. Security will flag it and you will have to go get your luggage at the security office on the ship. This happened to my wife twice (first time we figured it was just bad luck but it happened twice). 

Oh, I didn’t know this. Was it the hairdryer or adapter they confiscated? The European adapter is a single plug converter, not a power strip. I took an EU adapter and hairdryer on our last cruise, should I not have?

Thanks

2 hours ago, JJSparkles said:

Oh, I didn’t know this. Was it the hairdryer or adapter they confiscated? The European adapter is a single plug converter, not a power strip. I took an EU adapter and hairdryer on our last cruise, should I not have?

Thanks

It was the actual airwrap they flagged. Still not 100% sure why. We are headed out on Wonder this Sunday & it’s staying in her backpack this time. 

Dyson hair products are notoriously finicky on the ships due the fully digital "control boards" they use .

The "phase" of the electricity on ships is different from those on land, regardless of the voltage.  DW and DD have all the toys, Dyson airwrap, straightener, supersonic dryer; on some ships they work great, on other ships they won't work at all, and even more confusingly, on some ships they work intermittently.

There is an entire thread on another website exclusively about Dyson hair products.

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, Ran said:

Can I take my Dyson Airwrap on symphony of the Seas and if so should I put in my case or hand luggage and what kind of Adam do I need.  I’m so confused with it all 

Check this thread, the question was answered above. The answer is “yes” and pack the air wrap in your carry on do not check it with porters.