Trouble/questions regarding MEI-Travel

We transferred our cruise to MEI last month following all the amazing feedback from the group around effortless repricing, but it looks like we were paired with an unresponsive agent (withholding name). I sent a simple time-sensitive question via email to her a week ago and haven't heard back.

I was considering reaching out to MEI and perhaps asking for a more responsive agent - seems like a reasonable request. Is it too late to transfer back to RC?

Thanks for the advice,

Andrew

1 hour ago, andrew_amy said:

We transferred our cruise to MEI last month following all the amazing feedback from the group around effortless repricing, but it looks like we were paired with an unresponsive agent (withholding name). I sent a simple time-sensitive question via email to her a week ago and haven't heard back.

I was considering reaching out to MEI and perhaps asking for a more responsive agent - seems like a reasonable request. Is it too late to transfer back to RC?

Thanks for the advice,

Andrew

I had a similar experience with MEI.  1st vacation through them I was satisfied overall.  2nd there were issues with communication and things we asked to be booked were neglected.  Response time was slow over email and I had a hard time connecting over the phone, which is my preferred method to talk when discussing plans.  I had to remove vacations from them when pricing changed without explanation.  I lost confidence at that point and have been booking things on my own.  I considered using a TA again for an all inclusive resort we booked, but decided not to. 

Each their own, I am not advocating for not using a TA or even to avoid MEI.  I think my experience could just come down to a difference in preferences which lead to the issues experienced. 

Edited by DublinFC
grammar :)

44 minutes ago, DublinFC said:

I had a similar experience with MEI.  1st vacation through them I was satisfied overall.  2nd there were issues with communication and things we asked to be booked were neglected.  Response time was slow over email and I had a hard time connecting over the phone, which is my preferred method to talk when discussing plans.  I had to removed vacations from them when pricing changed without explanation.  I lost confidence at that point and have been booking things on my own.  I considered using a TA again for an all inclusive resort we booked, but decided not to. 

Each their own, I am not advocating for not using a TA or even to avoid MEI.  I think my experience could just come down to a difference in preferences which lead to the issues experienced. 

I also have cruised booking cruises on my own and previously with a TA.  Our Aunt used this TA and had been having great customer service for many years.  We weren't really happy with the slow response with returning our phone calls and when we were traveling we called her for help on a same-day flight problem and she was no help.  We had travel insurance and this would be the first time that we ever had used it for reimbursement.  She gave us no help and once we were back home, after finally reaching our cruise a day late, I went thru all the paperwork on my own.  I did ask for help with the paperwork and she said that it was easy and just follow the instructions.  Right then is when we started booking all travel on our own.

I had that same issue with an MEI agent, flight issues day of & she indicated she could be of no help.  She did send insurance paperwork but then we were on our own.  I had received good prompt service both prior & after but it did leave a bad taste in my mouth.  

Hi @andrew_amy,

I am very happy to help you find the right fit.   The perfect advisor for another guest may be precisely the opposite of what you need.  When you send in a request we do our best to match you but in the case of a transfer, we don't have a lot of info to go on,  so it may take a conversation to get to know you, your needs, and your preferred communication style to match you perfectly. 

Some clients only want emails, and others want only phone calls.  Some don't want to hear from an advisor unless there is a price drop, while others desire more info. And sometimes it's a training issue we need to work through.

Please email me directly at [email protected] with your contact info and I will have my Client Relationship manager contact you and we can address any issues.  

This is open to any of you who have run into issues.  Unfortunately, I am unable to address them if Im not aware,  so I truly appreciate your time to help us, help you.  Our biggest priority is our relationship with you!  And please tell others to contact me directly if there are issues in the future so I may address them.  (Thanks @Xaa

Please forgive me for any delays. I am currently traveling in Italy but will get any feedback to my team asap. 

Thank you!

33 minutes ago, Beci said:

Hi @andrew_amy,

I am very happy to help you find the right fit.   The perfect advisor for another guest may be precisely the opposite of what you need.  When you send in a request we do our best to match you but in the case of a transfer, we don't have a lot of info to go on,  so it may take a conversation to get to know you, your needs, and your preferred communication style to match you perfectly. 

Some clients only want emails, and others want only phone calls.  Some don't want to hear from an advisor unless there is a price drop, while others desire more info. And sometimes it's a training issue we need to work through.

Please email me directly at [email protected] with your contact info and I will have my Client Relationship manager contact you and we can address any issues.  

This is open to any of you who have run into issues.  Unfortunately, I am unable to address them if Im not aware,  so I truly appreciate your time to help us, help you.  Our biggest priority is our relationship with you!  And please tell others to contact me directly if there are issues in the future so I may address them.  (Thanks @Xaa

Please forgive me for any delays. I am currently traveling in Italy but will get any feedback to my team asap. 

Thank you!

I don't know how anyone else feels or thinks, but personally I think a response within 2 hours on a blog forum complaint is fantastic.  Yes thanks to @Xaa for highlighting.

I would give this company another chance, if it was me. 

BTW I am happy with my Agent

Beci was very responsive to my query a few months ago. Otherwise TA stands for Transaction Administrator. Haven’t heard a peep since final payment at 90 days. 

So glad for this board - just about everything I’ve learned to optimize our vacation investment and make advance/final plans at 90-60-30-ish days came from here. 

Hi Everyone! 

My name is Sara and I am the Client Relationship Manager for MEI-Travel. I am sorry to hear some of you were not happy with your MEI agents! If you are experiencing issues with an agent, please feel free to reach out to me at [email protected]

As Beci said, we cannot solve a problem if we don't know that it exists! 

Thanks!

We are blessed to be with a Travel Agent who has faithfully served our last 60 cruises.  I can email, text message or call her and a rapid response.  One time as we were coming back into New York and an ice/snow storm she already had us booked into a Marriott Hotel for the evening.  I appreciate Beci stepping up and offering to assist, as she stated they can't fix a problem if they don't know about it.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much @CruiseGus.  We are committed to responding to issues quickly and working to make it right for our clients. 

I see there are a few who posted stating they encountered issues and simply moved to book direct. Even if you are happy with that scenario, I'd appreciate hearing from you so we can address any training issues with the advisor who didn't deliver. 

My inbox is always open if anyone is having issues or even if you want to sing the praises of your advisor.  You can message me here, email me at [email protected]  or email our Client Relationship Manager Sara -- @Sara_MEI.

Thanks again -- and please always tag me and/or Sara, like @Xaa did above,  so we can jump in and address anything that needs attention. 

Happy sailing! 

We transferred our last reservation to MEI with no issue.  We got paired with Jenn and she's been amazing.  She assisted us with changing an October cruise to December and was able to get the room we requested to be near our family members.  Any time I've emailed her, I've heard back quickly, even on a Sunday.  I'm sorry you had a bad experience with your TA but maybe give MEI another chance.  

I needed to cancel and rebook a cruise for a week later.  I realized in on Saturday AM, emailed my MEI TA at 10:30am.  By 12:30 I was rebooked on the new cruise.  All communication through easy emails.

This would have required a long phone call to Royal if I had booked myself, and I can't even imagine if I had used Costco or one of the big online TA's.

Great Job MEI !

16 hours ago, KJ777 said:

We transferred our last reservation to MEI with no issue.  We got paired with Jenn and she's been amazing.  She assisted us with changing an October cruise to December and was able to get the room we requested to be near our family members.  Any time I've emailed her, I've heard back quickly, even on a Sunday.  I'm sorry you had a bad experience with your TA but maybe give MEI another chance.  

Thank you so much for the kind words! I was happy to help you. 

16 hours ago, PeloAl said:

I had the same experience with MEI as far as taking too long to respond to emails. They’re obviously in some sort of partnership with this page. I’m always a bit leery when so many people are pushing for one specific agency. Anyway, I was able to find a great agent elsewhere so all good 

I think it's well known that they are a sponsor of royalcaribbeanblog.com.  I think many here try them because upon arriving here, they are/were booking on their own.  Seems like most have great experiences with them while some do not.

The key I think is for folks to take advantage of a TA for cruise bookings to save time at the very least and in many cases money as well.  Doesn't have to be MEI, but they are here so it is not in any way odd that they have a higher market share on this forum than they may enjoy in the marketplace at large.

I had the same issue with MEI and I am now having to work directly with RC to rebook or cancel.  I was able to speak with Sara and get assigned to a new agent, however RC had already taken back the reservation so I have not been able to work with a new agent at MEI.  I am still trying to change my reservation and it is a different experience not talking to the same person each time - I feel really stuck now and prefer to have a go to person.  My first reservation with them, they were responsive at first and then it was me sending multiple emails, calls texts just to get a simple response and none of the added on services they promised me like an OC which did not show up - my agent did Venmo me a credit but it was only half of what was promised.  Im frustrated now that its taken me almost 1 month to try and move this reservation, as prices have gone up and availability is less than it was when I tried to move my booking initially.  

Does anyone know if I can the it sent to another TA?

3 hours ago, julesandjagger said:

I had the same issue with MEI and I am now having to work directly with RC to rebook or cancel.  I was able to speak with Sara and get assigned to a new agent, however RC had already taken back the reservation so I have not been able to work with a new agent at MEI.  I am still trying to change my reservation and it is a different experience not talking to the same person each time - I feel really stuck now and prefer to have a go to person.  My first reservation with them, they were responsive at first and then it was me sending multiple emails, calls texts just to get a simple response and none of the added on services they promised me like an OC which did not show up - my agent did Venmo me a credit but it was only half of what was promised.  Im frustrated now that its taken me almost 1 month to try and move this reservation, as prices have gone up and availability is less than it was when I tried to move my booking initially.  

Does anyone know if I can the it sent to another TA?

Hi Jules,

I’m so sorry that it didn’t work out with your new MEI agent. Because you had already asked Royal to release your reservation to you, our hands were tied. You may have a tough time working with another agency because it is a non-refundable deposit, and it was booked a while ago. Hopefully Royal will be able to work with you on that!

Sara