New ports / destinations?

Sarah P

I've noticed Valparaiso Chile appears and disappears from the website every few days. When I select it, there are no cruises available.  It's very intriguing!

My interpretation is that Royal is about to start sailing from there, but hasn't released the sailings. Or maybe Royal's intern has been brought back and this is all another mistake! 🤔 

2 hours ago, FionaMG said:

I think they are embarkation/disembarkation ports for some of the segments in the World Cruise. That's not bookable on the main site, which would probably explain why they are greyed out.

Sounds like an interesting theory, but Valparaiso is a port of Call rather than embarkation port for the world cruise 

11 hours ago, steverk said:

Sounds like an interesting theory, but Valparaiso is a port of Call rather than embarkation port for the world cruise 

I saw this information posted on another board by someone who is actually booked on the world cruise. Apparently, in addition to the whole cruise and the four different segments initially announced, there are also going to be 17 shorter segments (I guess to fill up any remaining space).

According to another poster on that same thread who is a travel agent, those segments were showing on cruising power, which is a portal used by travel agents' to book Royal Caribbean cruises, but had not yet been released for sale.

The thread in question then degenerated into general chit-chat with nothing else of any relevance being posted since, so I don't know what the current situation is, but these are the details that person posted:

"Yesterday they announced the breakdown to us

Miami - Rio, Dec 10 - Jan 5

Rio - Valparaiso, Jan 5 - Jan 23

Valparaiso - Los Angeles, Jan 23 - Feb 11

Los Angeles - Brisbane, Feb 11 - March 11

Brisbane - Hong Kong, March 11 - March 27

Hong Kong - Beijing, March 27 - April 8

Beijing - Singapore, April 8 - April 24

Singapore - Dubai, April 24 - May 9

Dubai - Athens, May 9 - May 27

Athens - Istanbul, May 27 - June 7

Istanbul - Venice, June 7 - June 20

Venice - Rome, June 20 - Jul 1

Rome - Barcelona, July 1 - July 10

Barcelona - Southampton, July 10 - July 26

Southampton - Copenhagen, July 26 - August 10

Copenhagen - Amsterdam, August 10 - August 19

Amsterdam - Miami, August 19 - September 10"

He then corrected the start/end ports for the first two:

"Oops, first leg ends in Buenos Aires, and obviously second begins there"

So that ties in with seeing Valparaiso as a port where you can embark/disembark.

It doesn't totally explain the Dubai/India, since Dubai is mentioned in the poster's list but India isn't, unless they're having to rethink the Hong Kong/Beijng options. The World Cruise does make several stops in India, though, so who knows?

I'm watching with interest even though my chances on actually going on any part of this cruise are wholly dependent upon my winning the lottery! 😂