Best shore excursions in Palma de Mallorca?

MrsKool

That bought back memories.. I was in Palma in the mid 70's so I really have nothing to help you.  Of course I was in the Navy and it was an R&R port.  There used to be a castle someplace that served a dinner to rows of tables (maybe 200 people) and someone would come around and pour wine in your mouth and have someone take your picture. Other than that I went to Palma Nova (I think) and bar hopped.  I will say, every R&R port paled to Palma. 

Fair warning, these were not booked through the ship:

Barcelona - Barcelona Day tours, awesome tour, took the whole day, but arrived a day early for this purpose.

Palma de Mallorca - Didn't do a tour, but walked around the castle as mentioned above, other cruisers went on an underground cave tour and said it was one of the best they had ever done.

Marseilles - stayed on ship, but heard the beaches and Fjord (Called something else in France) were amazing.

Florence - Private tour, Rome Private Tours

Rome - Group tour, Rome Private Tours, Vatican you have to go, pre-buy your tickets

Naples - Group tour, Rome Private Tours, Amalfi Coast you have to see this, Pompi, I could have done with out this part but it was included, I may have just been really tired.

Found out most of these through CC and joined group tours through CC as well.  

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 2:30 PM, tiny260 said:

Fair warning, these were not booked through the ship:

Barcelona - Barcelona Day tours, awesome tour, took the whole day, but arrived a day early for this purpose.

Palma de Mallorca - Didn't do a tour, but walked around the castle as mentioned above, other cruisers went on an underground cave tour and said it was one of the best they had ever done.

Marseilles - stayed on ship, but heard the beaches and Fjord (Called something else in France) were amazing.

Florence - Private tour, Rome Private Tours

Rome - Group tour, Rome Private Tours, Vatican you have to go, pre-buy your tickets

Naples - Group tour, Rome Private Tours, Amalfi Coast you have to see this, Pompi, I could have done with out this part but it was included, I may have just been really tired.

Found out most of these through CC and joined group tours through CC as well.  

Forgive my innocence, what is "CC"?  I am doing this cruise next year and have been doing lots of research.

24 minutes ago, Stephanie said:

Forgive my innocence, what is "CC"?  I am doing this cruise next year and have been doing lots of research.

I assume tiny is referring to Cruise Critic.  It is another cruise blog site but doesn't specialize in any one line.  It has a huge membership but is not nearly as personal and pleasant as this site !

18 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I assume tiny is referring to Cruise Critic.  It is another cruise blog site but doesn't specialize in any one line.  It has a huge membership but is not nearly as personal and pleasant as this site !

Ahh!!! Thanks, WAAAYTOO.  I have been on that site.  I agree - I like this site much, much better! :)

Tiny260, from a fellow Okie - thank you SO much for the information!  I googled them and found their website.  They have superior ratings on Trip Advisor.  I will definitely be reaching out to them for private tours!  Our cruise is over a year away, but after looking at their website, I am even more giddy than before.  

When we were in Mallorca we did this excursion: http://majorca-tours.net/escursione/valldemossa-soller-palma-vip/

It was great!  It will need at least 12 people to run, so you will either need a group with you or convince others on your sailing to join you. (Like from the CC Roll Call.)

Palma de Mallorca is quite beautiful!

5zkUIwJUzE41rHsCbJEuWm_sH0HZ2zcKtFRMdVVp