Aquaventure Oasis Waterpark (Full Day)

Another glitch. I am devastated 😢.

Purchased 2 adults for $129.00 total for Atlantis Aquaventure on March 1st for my Dec Allure of the Seas cruise. Just received an email from RC apologizing for the inconvenience and a refund will be issued and excursion will be canceled. Added that a $50 credit will be issued towards our next booking. That quite won't cut it.

The price corrections will now cost $618.00 for 2.

I think my reservation should be honored since it was largely deceiving and an enormous price difference.

CRAZY!!!! So upset. 

Sorry it didn't work out.

Your position today is the same as it was Feb 28th except you have $50 in OBC that you didn't have.

Mistakes happen, this one was identified and rectified with some compensation for the 12 days of hope you had about scoring the excursion at a price too good to be true.

Only you can decide what "cuts it" or not for you.  I suppose you could cancel your cruise over it, but I certainly wouldn't.  It was 12 days of hope on a cruise 9 months away.  Take the $50 and move on.

It's not that easy to move on when all the days leading up to the purchase my child was studying the aquaventure youtube videos with excitement. It's an unrealistic price for me,  so crushing a child's heart is not easy. 

Just to clarify. I had to purchase one excursion pkg for each State Room. So the cost went up to $1200. INSANE!

Xaa- do you work for the cruise line? I'm asking since you know the exact day I booked my cruise which I never mentioned.

It's not that easy to move on when all the days leading up to the purchase my child was studying the aquaventure youtube videos with excitement. It's an unrealistic price for me,  so crushing a child's heart is not easy. 

The same thing happened to us and our “position” is not exactly the same. We booked the Aquaventure on 28 Feb. they didn’t notify us of a glitch until 13 March. During that period, the pp cost of the Aquaventure price went up $90 pp on our sailing. From $219 to $309 pp. $50 obc really doesn’t come close to making this right. Additionally, this excursion is only 5 hrs. With travel, it really is about 3.5-4 hrs. It was reasonable to assume the advertised price was marked down due to the short duration at the park rather than a glitch. 

You're entitled to feel how you feel.

I would ask for how long you had seen it in CP for $219 pp before you jumped on it at (doing math from OP) $64.50 pp?  I don't know when you booked, or when you sail, but I'm thinking you either had a chance to buy at $219 if you were going to and/or you may have a chance again.  It is Cruise Planner 101 to buy as soon as the price reaches the highest you would be willing to pay and then reprice if it drops.  Now if you had booked it at $219 then cancelled to rebook at the mistake price, i would be all for demanding they re-instate that cancelled order along with the $50.  I think that's not what your case is though.

I think we agree that the excursion itself is not worth either of the higher prices, but that's what they charge.  I skip it even though I wouldn't mind spending a real day or 2 there.

You have $50 more than you had 2 weeks ago.  I am sorry that it didn't work out.  I'm always hopeful that this type of mistake bargain will be honored.

One mistake would be understandable but it has been a culmination of errors for our July Oasis sailing:

1. Premier Package Glitch

2. Aquaventure Glitch

3. Add-ons for CoCo Cay (jet ski, up, up, away, zipline) not loaded to the Oasis CP. they were loaded for Independence visiting the same day. Sold out to Independence passengers without ever offering to Oasis passengers. 

It is easy to overlook any one of these mistakes but all 3 on the same sailing? I am actually impressed; this level of incompetence takes some work. 

I see one and 2 as the same glitch and pretty temporary in nature but if you were impacted by both you can double you OBC!  I think we agree that they can and should be doing better.

Now number three does appear to be a real missed opportunity for you vs a hopeful score.  I think based on what you've told me, you're sailing out of Bayonne.  I wonder if you could turn these lemons into lemonade by seeing if you can get a jet ski or zipline in Nassau.  I don't know if any are even available there.  That balloon almost never goes up anyway.

I hate that your experience has been bad.  I think you'll still have a great trip.  I hope you still take it.  Half the excursions I book, when the day arrives, I'd rather be doing something else.

Good Luck.

I'm not seeing anything great in the jetski/zipline area in Nassau, but on your Port Canaveral stop there are both.

This isn't a thrill zipline, but a neat course.  I've done this probably 10 years ago.  It was fun.  We had a 10 year old with us but there are course for various skill levels.

https://cocoabeachadventurepark.com/

Haven't done this one, but Cocoa Beach is riddled with jetski opportunities.

https://cocoabeachjetskirentals.com/activities#b35edbc0-dcfc-4a5e-be72-1f8bbe5cf44c

Thanks. We are parasailing in PC but since it is right next to the terminal, we’ll have a lot of extra time. We might check out that adventure park, it looks fun. Thanks again for the suggestions and taking time to look in Nassau. It just so happens that we will be in Nassau for Bahamian Independence Day so there should be lots of festivities.  That definitely makes the Aquaventure pill easier to swallow, lol. 

Parasailing sounds like a fun time for PC.  You'll be right on the water too so I'm sure it would be easy to grab a jet ski.

That 1:00 arrival time in Nassau really makes the Atlantis Excursions unappealing.  For $225 I think it would be steep even if you had all day, but with their closing time and travel from port, it really amounts to just a couple of hours.

Keep checking cruise planner and even when on ship for things on Coco Cay.  A lot of people change their mind and cancel last minute onboard.

Take your OBC and book a dinner at Chops or 150 Central park.

Now I'm invested, I want to be on Oasis this July!

I don't think that everyone should know everything @Carlos A..  I think that mistakes happen.  A mistake occurred here.  I wish they had decided to honor the mistake they made.  They chose not to and aren't obligated to in a legal sense.  They identified it, notified those impacted and are providing $50 for anyone impacted by something that had an entire life of less than 2 weeks.

I just push back on the notion that it's an extreme hardship because it is in such close proximity to day 1 that the correction is made and compensation offered.  I think few opportunities have been missed because of this offer.

Now anyone who cancelled something to buy this as a replacement should be allowed to get that item back at it's previously purchased price, but I'm not seeing harm like that in this thread.  I'm seeing disappointment that the mistake price isn't being honored.  I differentiate disappointment from harm.

I do wish they were able/willing to honor it.

My Aquaventure excursion (bought at the $65 "oops" rate) is still in my cruise planner. Our cruise is in mid-July.

Maybe it takes a while for them to cancel/refund all of these? They said up to 14 days for refund. So not sure if we'll get a second email that says the refund has gone through and then THAT'S when we'll see it disappear from the cruise planner and the OBC appear?

Below is a response from the executive team confirming RC is not price protecting or discounting (honoring) the incorrect pricing or should I say owning up to their error, not ours. In my experience I've never had a company take away a price for a product that has already been PAID. 

Thank you for contacting the Executive Office of Royal Caribbean International. On behalf of our Executives, I am pleased to respond to your email.

We are sorry to learn of the issue you have experienced with the Atlantis Aquaventure Waterpark.

Please accept our apologies for any frustration this may have been caused.

Unfortunately, we are not price protecting or discounting the cost of the Atlantis Waterpark Pass. While your Cruise Planner may currently still reflect the incorrect pricing, our team is working to get these packages cancelled and refunded to the original form of payment within 7-10 business days.

The waterpark passes for Atlantis, has now been fixed and updated in our Cruise Planner system. You can now log in and rebooked it at current prevailing rate.

We really hope that you can forgive us and understand that it was an honest mistake. We’re providing impacted guests with a $50 USD Onboard Credit, which can be used pre-cruise to book packages and experiences.                         

I can ensure you that this was never our intention and hope you can forgive us and understand this was an honest mistake.

We apologize for any disappointment this may have caused.

Thank you for taking the time to forward us your concerns.

Sincerely,

Tamika Thompson

Executive Office

Royal Caribbean International