Mediterranean excursions

MacTac

There are buckets of excursions like walking tours, transportation only tours, beach tours, and site specific tours. I find cheapest are around 50, all day at least 100, and small groups or lunch included tours even more. YouTube videos give some insight to augment Viator.

What itineraries are you looking at? We just did the 12 night Holy Land/Greece/Turkey/Cyprus back in October. 

We only did one ship tour in Santorini just to get priority tender. 

The rest were small group/private. Heard so many complaints about the ship tours, especially in Israel. 

I wouldn't bother with the ship excursions. The Athens on your own excursion cost 70$ pp, my whole family took the hop on hop off bus for less than it would cost for one person and that came with wifi (so did the excursion, iirc) commentary and a free beer each. The excursions where you actually did stuff were even more expensive.

We did 2 weeks of Greece in Sept/Oct.  Left out of Venice  (Ravenna).  We did a few days in Venice prior to cruise.  We have been to Greece before but my sister and her husband, who were with us, had not.  So, we did tours a lot.  Prices ranged and reasonable I thought.  Any particular tours or islands you were

13 minutes ago, Linda R said:

We did 2 weeks of Greece in Sept/Oct.  Left out of Venice  (Ravenna).  We did a few days in Venice prior to cruise.  We have been to Greece before but my sister and her husband, who were with us, had not.  So, we did tours a lot.  Prices ranged and reasonable I thought.  Any particular tours or islands you were

interested in?