Here is what was refurbished on Grandeur of the Seas

38 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

How vague....action-packed pool deck.  Wonder what that really means ?

I wish I could be more specific.  This came from literature for travel agents, but it's also the only reference to the work done on Grandeur from anyone at RC.

14 minutes ago, Floski said:

I heard from a very reliable source that Grandeur is going to a "clothing optional" pool area.

:27_sunglasses:

That would make things very interesting....

All I can say is there'd be a lot of blind people leaving the Grandeur if I decided to exercise my clothing optional option.  

:11_blush:

1 hour ago, Floski said:

I heard from a very reliable source that Grandeur is going to a "clothing optional" pool area.

:27_sunglasses:

I seem to remember my first cruise was on carnival (24 years ago) and they had a topless area high above the pool deck.  Don't remember the name of the ship.  They also had skeet shooting, and you could hit golf balls off the back.

18 hours ago, arebee said:

I seem to remember my first cruise was on carnival (24 years ago) and they had a topless area high above the pool deck.  Don't remember the name of the ship.  They also had skeet shooting, and you could hit golf balls off the back.

I hope the topless area was above the skeet shooting. Now that's a distraction!

On the Freedom class ships, there was the area on Deck 12 forward that was labeled "The St. Tropez Deck".  It was topless, more popular in Europe of course.

Freedom and Liberty lost this when the new rooms were added to Deck 12.  Indy still has it, and its marked as such.  I made the mistake of walking up there with my camera to get some shots of passing Cuba a while back and there were a few boyfriends making sure of where I was aiming the lens!

IMG_20170115_084803.jpg

• 8 months later...

Just saw this article, which referenced the work Grandeur had done (and I assume Enchantment as well)

Royal Caribbean's Grandeur of the Seas received a scrubber system, enhancements to aluminum and steel structures of the upper deck, and complete hull blasting and application of silicone coating. A project of note undertaken by the yard was the erection and maintenance of a complex, 1,500 cubic meter scaffolding structure to support interior renovations. Two additional Royal Caribbean vessels underwent similar work in late 2017 dockings.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Just saw this article, which referenced the work Grandeur had done (and I assume Enchantment as well)

The enhancements to the steel structure on the top deck would be referencing the repair to the crack on Deck 10 .... If you look at this picture from 2016, you can see the rubber mat that covered the crack (just passed the third light pole.) 

16114429_10211948566537776_3268905598032426091_n.jpg