Let's take a poll on once a day cleaning!

Vote: 

Put "Early" if you would like your cabin cleaned in the morning.                                                                                   Type "Late" if you prefer that your cabin steward cleans at night.

Next:  Record if you like or dislike the change to once a day cleaning:

Type "Like" if you prefer this change to once a day cleaning.                                                                                                            Put "Dislike" if you do not like this change.

My votes:   Late    Like

Late Like.

I like that I don't feel rushed out of my cabin in the morning. I am a early riser, but I like to explore the ship and take pictures and be able to go back to my cabin and get ready for the day and not feel like I am holding them up. You should not leave your cabin like an absolute slob, they are not your MAIDS, they are there to tidy up after you and wipe down and vacuum

Your poll is flawed. It doesn't give my time preference as a choice. "Early" means my wife has to be up, "late" means having to seek out fresh towels in advance of dinner.

My vote - mid-day and (assume I will) like

Mid-day (11:00-3:00) would be perfect as that's when everyone in the stateroom is most likely to be off enjoying everything a cruise has to offer.

Late

I really do not get the issue people have with this.  If you are that messy you need the cabin cleaned twice a day maybe you need to do some self reflection.  You also likely do not get turn down service at home why expect it on the ship.

We do not even need once a day service.  We catch the steward out in the hall and swap towels on most days. 

4 hours ago, HeWhoWaits said:

Your poll is flawed. It doesn't give my time preference as a choice. "Early" means my wife has to be up, "late" means having to seek out fresh towels in advance of dinner.

My vote - mid-day and (assume I will) like

Mid-day (11:00-3:00) would be perfect as that's when everyone in the stateroom is most likely to be off enjoying everything a cruise has to offer.

I think (based on our own experiences of not usually being out of the room before noon) that anything before 1 is considered Early and Late can start at 4 or 5 I think

3 hours ago, Xtentions said:

I really do not get the issue people have with this.  If you are that messy you need the cabin cleaned twice a day maybe you need to do some self reflection.  You also likely do not get turn down service at home why expect it on the ship.

We do not even need once a day service.  We catch the steward out in the hall and swap towels on most days. 

Based on what I've read around, it's not about dirtiness or needing the room cleaned, that most people want twice a day service for. It's for things like getting a new pool towel or nightly info or putting up a fold out bed. Also clearing away room service (or self-service to the room) plates and things. In rooms with families or larger travel parties I can see that piling up and getting in the way in limited space rooms.

Early (I would like mid day if I would chose.  I do want Ice in the morning and evening for my wine bucket and regular ice bucket.  I would be happy to get the ice myself if that is doable.)  We make the bed as soon as we put our feet on the floor however, I want clean towels for showering before dinner and my trash empty so as long as it is done before say 3 pm I am fine with it either way. We usually look over the compass after dinner to plan the next day. 

Like (would I refer twice daily - of course but it's not a deal breaker by any stretch)