Passport

I did this with my son on Allure in January. His passport expired the next month, but I didn't want to renew early since they're only good for 5 years. The check in supervisor did have to override the system, but technically it was allowed as now of the ports we were visiting required the passport to be valid for six months. In addition, you can travel with s birth certificate and license, so that was a backup I had, but didn't need. 

Agreed with others here - My passport was 5 months from expiring the last time I went to Cozumel and 3 months from expiring on my last trip to the Bahamas. You should be fine, but it could also be beneficial just to get the renewal over with. 

I actually was in your shoes and freaking out a little bit about this as well - however, I personally didn't want to renew too early because my name is going to be changing in a few months, and you don't have to pay to renew twice if your name changes within 1 year of renewal. So, after the wedding in October I just have to re-submit it with my marriage certificate and not have to pay again.

Do any of you use the Passport App on your phone?  I have a friend that just returned from the Allure a couple of weeks ago and she used it.  They were in a long line to disembark when a crew member discovered that they had the app, they got moved over to a short line and it was very quick and simple. 

I did download the app called "Mobile Pass"; however, I haven't entered in any data yet.  I was just wondering if anyone else has had any experience with using this app.

22 minutes ago, whitsmom said:

Do any of you use the Passport App on your phone?  I have a friend that just returned from the Allure a couple of weeks ago and she used it.  They were in a long line to disembark when a crew member discovered that they had the app, they got moved over to a short line and it was very quick and simple. 

I did download the app called "Mobile Pass"; however, I haven't entered in any data yet.  I was just wondering if anyone else has had any experience with using this app.

I used it twice in Port Everglades. The key is to fill it out before you get to customs, but it saved me SO much time.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

I used it twice in Port Everglades. The key is to fill it out before you get to customs, but it saved me SO much time.

Unfortunately, right now Port Everglades is the only cruise port that accepts the app.  More are reportedly being considered.

1 hour ago, whitsmom said:

So I would fill it out that morning before getting in line?

You can fill it out in advance, scan your passports, etc., but you have to wait until the morning if you actually submit the information. It will save it for you, though.