Cozumel Mexican Cuisine Workshop/Playa Mia Beach

cruise-y

Can anyone comment about this Cozumel excursion?  Mexican Cuisine Workshop and Playa Mia Grand Beach.

The cooking class/lunch gets pretty good reviews but Trip Advisor doesn't have much good to say about Playa Mia Grand Beach.  This 5-hour excursion starts at 9:00 for some weird reason and I'm worried that there won't be much beach time.  Or the beach won't be nice.  

We'd like to rent a 2-person catamaran there.  If anyone can give some insight I'd be appreciative.  Thank you.

Thank you!  Good info.  I was wondering if we'd be allowed to take a taxi back on our own at a later time.  I assume that's ok?  Are there taxis available there at the site?

I didn't know if that might be restricted since they give you a drink wrist band and might not want you hanging around longer than the set time.

36 minutes ago, cruise-y said:

I like the idea of doing something on Cozumel itself.  That tender ride to Play del Carmen can be brutal.

I'm with you on the tender ride being less than ideal.

I find there is lots to do on Cozumel.  The primary reason to go to Playa del Carmen is to go to the Mayan ruins there, which are significantly better.  But in nearly any other regard, I don't feel the tender ride warrants leaving Cozumel.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...