New cruise planner item, Premier Pass?

15 minutes ago, TXcruzer said:

Who cares what the email or cancellation notice says? We all know what happened; there are news articles in industry publications outlining the error, it’s not a secret, they can’t hide from it.

I have not received one single piece of correspondence regarding this issue. I have however received over $400 OBC across several reservations-AND my CC has been credited after I took the initiative to click the “cancel” button in the cruise planner. 

I can’t imagine wasting time or energy concerned about verbiage in a mass email campaign. 

It matters to me. I don't know why that angers you. I'm entitled to feel the way I feel. I never asked anyone to join me. Just don't feel great about a company I am currently doing business with. Thought I could share how "I" feel. Apparently not.

2 hours ago, TXcruzer said:

Who cares what the email or cancellation notice says? We all know what happened; there are news articles in industry publications outlining the error, it’s not a secret, they can’t hide from it.

I have not received one single piece of correspondence regarding this issue. I have however received over $400 OBC across several reservations-AND my CC has been credited after I took the initiative to click the “cancel” button in the cruise planner. 

I can’t imagine wasting time or energy concerned about verbiage in a mass email campaign. 

You say who cares. I care. Just me. Not you. But I am allowed to care. You ask why I care. Why do YOU care so much what I do or don't care about.

So back to the topic at hand, I received the on board credit, (after a strange error where I lost my pricing and all onboard credit for my cruise, price went up by over $1000 after final payment and told me to make ANOTHER final payment, but that's another story and is all cleared up now after a few calls). After receiving the onboard credit, I cancelled the Premier Pass (which I purchased with onboard credit), after seeing someone else got an immediate onboard credit refund. Got a confirmation email of cancellation which said I originally paid $88.99 and would receive a refund of $0.00. Not encouraging. Waited a day. OBC had not increased. Called travel agent (Costco). They got in touch with Royal and said it would be fixed and updated within 24 hours. It has been over four days and no fix yet. I have made four calls to RC in the last week on this cruise and am pretty frustrated at this point.

So that's my story! Anyone else have better luck?

I guess they are only cancelling sailings that are departing in the next 30 days. My April 17th sailing has been cancelled by them but my other two still show booked. I used OBC for one of the other bookings, but since the sail date is 2024, nothing has happened. My set sail pass no longer shows the Key icon because the Premier pass is refunded. 

Just got my cancellation email for our 5/14/23 Oasis PPs last night (OBC issued a week ago). Checked on the website, they now show as refunded. 

Still waiting on the Atlantis refund for the same cruise...OBC has been issued but no refund yet. Still shows up in calendar as booked 🤷🏼‍♀️

7 hours ago, CanHardlyWait said:

It matters to me. I don't know why that angers you. I'm entitled to feel the way I feel. I never asked anyone to join me. Just don't feel great about a company I am currently doing business with. Thought I could share how "I" feel. Apparently not.

Your feelings don’t anger me at all.  Of course you are entitled to feel the way you do. 
I just can’t understand the emotional reaction to a billion dollar corporation not apologizing; it just doesn’t seem odd at all to me. 

Update:  I received and email announcing the cancellation of the PP on my 5-26-23 Mariner sailing.  It is showing "refunded" in the purchase history.  Still showing the $100 OBC so it seems to be going as planned.  Still have 3 or 4 more refunds due...but I don't expect them immediately.

Just got an email stating that my 7/16 Allure sailing's Premier Pass is canceled/refunded. It is showing "Refunded" in my Cruise Planner and I still have teh $50 OBC. It has not refunded to my credit card yet. 

Still have the pass booked on my 1/2024 sailing, so nothing has been canceled/refunded there yet.

image.png.c5c848ec115cc7c724e92576e5637116.png

1 hour ago, TXcruzer said:

Your feelings don’t anger me at all.  Of course you are entitled to feel the way you do. 
I just can’t understand the emotional reaction to a billion dollar corporation not apologizing; it just doesn’t seem odd at all to me. 

It was the change from the original letter of apology with explanation of what went wrong that was sent out the first few days to this "Due to a change in plans" post it note they are now sending out. Back tracking with no back bone. It's not the way ANY other business in the hospitality industry would handle things. I think trying to now pretend it's "a change" when we already know it was a mistake is sleazy and doesn't show they can stand behind there mistakes for a full 7 days before trying to pass it off as a change. Sleazy for a "billion dollar corporation". Forget the apology. Look at what they are now doing with this wording. Trying to spin this as a "change in plans", when it's already been established as a major mistake (for a billion dollar corporation). Back peddling on what they call it etc. Why? Stand behind everything you do, mistakes as well. Again, I find the change in tone/wording this late in the game insulting to my intelligence and a sleazy spin like a 3rd rate politician would use. Not a company I would choose to business with. I would rather have more faith in them to continue to acknowledge there failures, then have the $50. I'm no longer comfortable with my choice of billion dollar corporation to do business with. And back peddling how they refer to this is not how any other billion dollar corporation would have handled it. It's sleazy. It's now how I feel about them and the level of trust I have in them. I'm stuck. Too late in the game. You don't have to agree. You don't have to like it. But I think I have spelled out as best I can what I find troubling about how they have now tried to handle/refer to this. And why I see that as a problem.

30 minutes ago, CanHardlyWait said:

It was the change from the original letter of apology with explanation of what went wrong that was sent out the first few days to this "Due to a change in plans" post it note they are now sending out. Back tracking with no back bone. It's not the way ANY other business in the hospitality industry would handle things. I think trying to now pretend it's "a change" when we already know it was a mistake is sleazy and doesn't show they can stand behind there mistakes for a full 7 days before trying to pass it off as a change. Sleazy for a "billion dollar corporation". Forget the apology. Look at what they are now doing with this wording. Trying to spin this as a "change in plans", when it's already been established as a major mistake (for a billion dollar corporation). Back peddling on what they call it etc. Why? Stand behind everything you do, mistakes as well. Again, I find the change in tone/wording this late in the game insulting to my intelligence and a sleazy spin like a 3rd rate politician would use. Not a company I would choose to business with. I would rather have more faith in them to continue to acknowledge there failures, then have the $50. I'm no longer comfortable with my choice of billion dollar corporation to do business with. And back peddling how they refer to this is not how any other billion dollar corporation would have handled it. It's sleazy. It's now how I feel about them and the level of trust I have in them. I'm stuck. Too late in the game. You don't have to agree. You don't have to like it. But I think I have spelled out as best I can what I find troubling about how they have now tried to handle/refer to this. And why I see that as a problem.

OK

Through some tech glitch (or whatever reason, certainly not intentional deflection)  a different email went out to some, let's throw out the baby with the bathwater. The "change in plans" email comes to me for about half of the CP reservations I cancel, its default boiler plate language, it doesn't mean anything.

I hope you enjoy your cruise when (if) you get to it.

1 hour ago, TXcruzer said:

OK

Through some tech glitch (or whatever reason, certainly not intentional deflection)  a different email went out to some, let's throw out the baby with the bathwater. The "change in plans" email comes to me for about half of the CP reservations I cancel, its default boiler plate language, it doesn't mean anything.

I hope you enjoy your cruise when (if) you get to it.

Absolutely "intentional deflection". I truly believe that. Why anyone would waste time and energy defending a multi billion dollar corporation is beyond me. Look at the original letter and what they now send. The intentional deflection is right there in black and white in the words. Is it so hard for you people to believe that Royal Caribbean is back peddling by re-wording what this was and what they called/calling it now? Does saying who do they think they are fooling now calling it a change of plan, show some sick form of disloyalty? I truly don't understand seeing a multi billion dollar corporation as a can do no wrong thing in people's lives. I don't buy that of anyone, let alone big businesses. It's so obviously a sad attempt at a spin at the 13th hour. LOL.

And honestly the only reason I would hope you stop, re-read, and consider that is possibly what this is, is because the endless defending around here of this company can feel cult like to others. And it really does feel spooky at times, when that happens. You also can feel vilified when your opinion goes against the loyal followers. I try my best to look at the facts presented to me. Never vote the party line. I was raised call BS when you see it/hear it.

That said, Thank you. I will be going and hope to be impressed. Fingers crossed. Happy and safe travels to you and all my "Fans" here. 😁

On 3/18/2023 at 10:08 AM, AandD said:

I agree. But it's been a fun ride. I paid for two and they gave me a $100 obc. But only charged me for 1 on my credit card.

And the ride continues. We had a $100 obc. Plus they were giving me $ 100 for the cancelled deal. But as of today my total OBC is $111.01.

4 hours ago, BennyandBo said:

Look at the original letter and what they now send. The intentional deflection is right there in black and white in the words.

Sorry, but there is no "intentional deflection" as you claim.

It is 2 different letters, the first which you and others may not have recieved, don't ask my why but it happens with other examples also, was explaining the mistake and what the would be doing.

The letter / email they now are sending is in regards to the individual cancellation and is the same format "been a change in plans" that they always use when they impose a company initiated cancellation of a cruise planner purchase.

Just wanting you to have the correct information and not internet misinformation.

BTW for anyone interested I received my 4th of 7 cancellation notices accompanied by restoration of purchase OBC.  So it is moving along slow but sure.

20 hours ago, BennyandBo said:

Absolutely "intentional deflection". I truly believe that. Why anyone would waste time and energy defending a multi billion dollar corporation is beyond me. Look at the original letter and what they now send. The intentional deflection is right there in black and white in the words. Is it so hard for you people to believe that Royal Caribbean is back peddling by re-wording what this was and what they called/calling it now? Does saying who do they think they are fooling now calling it a change of plan, show some sick form of disloyalty? I truly don't understand seeing a multi billion dollar corporation as a can do no wrong thing in people's lives. I don't buy that of anyone, let alone big businesses. It's so obviously a sad attempt at a spin at the 13th hour. LOL.

And honestly the only reason I would hope you stop, re-read, and consider that is possibly what this is, is because the endless defending around here of this company can feel cult like to others. And it really does feel spooky at times, when that happens. You also can feel vilified when your opinion goes against the loyal followers. I try my best to look at the facts presented to me. Never vote the party line. I was raised call BS when you see it/hear it.

That said, Thank you. I will be going and hope to be impressed. Fingers crossed. Happy and safe travels to you and all my "Fans" here. 😁

I am not defending anyone, but i also call a spade a spade.

I deal with MANY big corporations on a regular basis.  What we are seeing here is nothing more than a miscommunication and is being "read into" way too deeply by many upset people looking for something to complain about.

As @CruiseGus stated, the letters being sent out are the same templated mass emails that go out daily and we have all seen them before.

Again, I DON"T CARE what they send me, as long as they make good on their commitment, and they have..........period

OK, update! Late this afternoon we finally got the cancellation confirmation e-mails from Royal for our 10/29/23 sailing (not to be confused with the initial apology e-mail from Royal sent a couple of weeks ago)!

I waited for Royal to process these cancellations on their end. One e-mail for each separate purchase since I purchased one package under my name and another under my wife's name back on 3/12/23 (when we were all unsure if it was truly the price for 2 people!)...

image.thumb.png.a36ad3397bdb3b79c99ba92bcd77b071.png

image.thumb.png.32f6a2e846348efbcb246edfe600f8e3.png

As others have confirmed... the CP is now showing "Refund" status as of tonight after we received the e-mails...

image.thumb.png.cea4ad4c739b31c0688ab06b084c6e22.png

... and the $100 OBC ($50 for each separate purchase) is still posted to the CP...

image.png.2da0935041bac44ef3010729e4f7babf.png

I'll update one final time once the credits hit our CC! 

Well......LOL. It literally never ends. Just checked my OBC and an additional $50 was just added. All I ask at this point is when they take it back (and they will), that they not accidentally mess up my actual OBC from date of booking. But that is asking an awful lot of them. Keep the $50, just stop the ride, I want to get off. Real high hopes for how they handle things on board. 

OK, Wouldn't normally be the place to post this, but you are so convinced I can never be happy. Well, you would be wrong.

I just checked app and got my cabin assignment. 10 forward in a little nook hallway. No heavy foot traffic. Cabins on either side, above and below. No crew areas, pools, kitchens, etc anywhere. 

I've never not booked a GTY inside. And surprise...I have never not been happy. But that's because to me it's a place to shower and sleep. Nothing more. I have NEVER commented on a thread about cabins, views, balconies facing in, facing ocean, etc. People will whine like it’s the end of the world if they can't get a certain cabin. I've never said it's just a room. I've never said I can't imagine spending time worry or complaining about it. To them it's important. Why try to break that down into reasons why it shouldn't be. If anything before I move on (not commenting) I read what they say and try to let it sink in. Maybe some insite will come from it. I also NEVER say I just don't get it. What would be the point. 

I have no steak in lobster (see what I did there. Lol) because I don't eat it. Deluxe drink package prices, I don't drink. Ocean view balconies, etc. But I've never commented on those posts, let alone tried to imply their opinions and/or feelings on those things were silly. A little more understanding around here about what we can't understand couldn't hurt. 

Anyway, this cabin assignment is the first time I've been excited about this trip in weeks. Little inside gty. It really doesn't take as much as I bet you all have been thinking. My concerns how Royal handles things on board based on their on land track record are still very real. But knowing the cabin could be anywhere and finding out is always a high for me. It's an adventure. Christmas morning with no idea what's in the box under the tree. I love it. For some here it's nerve racking. (And I except that without comment). I don't get it. I don't have to get it. And they don't need to know that.

I have a friend who is turning 80 soon. She learned in her 20s that when people complained about something to her, to respond "That stinks". It shows empathy and that you are listening. Which often is all someone is looking for. 

Now that I have a cabin assignment, Royal will know where to find me, when they come looking for all the extra obc they keep giving me. LOL. Peace ✌️☮️🕊

15 hours ago, BennyandBo said:

It's not a deflection...they literally sent emails and flat out said " We messed up.."  the second email is just an automatic form email that is sent for any kind of order cancelation on their end. They apologized, they sent refunds and offered cancelled packages at the original sale price. They could have done it a little cleaner and faster, but they did it. No defending them, just not looking too deeply into a form email that is sent automatically. 

14 hours ago, AandD said:

And the ride continues. We had a $100 obc. Plus they were giving me $ 100 for the cancelled deal. But as of today my total OBC is $111.01.

I am so glad that you are keeping on top of your accounts.  I got the email about the Premier Pass and Aquaventure not happening and kept checking my two bookings that it effects.  

Got tired of RC holding my money so I cancelled the (3) charges and now I play the waiting game.  I am having flashbacks now of watching my credit card account like a hawk waiting for the refunds just like in 2020.  I like that they are giving people $50 as an apology but then how about actually completing the process like an organized business instead of having your customers have to hold your hand.

6 hours ago, CanHardlyWait said:

OK, Wouldn't normally be the place to post this, but you are so convinced I can never be happy. Well, you would be wrong.

I just checked app and got my cabin assignment. 10 forward in a little nook hallway. No heavy foot traffic. Cabins on either side, above and below. No crew areas, pools, kitchens, etc anywhere. 

I've never not booked a GTY inside. And surprise...I have never not been happy. But that's because to me it's a place to shower and sleep. Nothing more. I have NEVER commented on a thread about cabins, views, balconies facing in, facing ocean, etc. People will whine like it’s the end of the world if they can't get a certain cabin. I've never said it's just a room. I've never said I can't imagine spending time worry or complaining about it. To them it's important. Why try to break that down into reasons why it shouldn't be. If anything before I move on (not commenting) I read what they say and try to let it sink in. Maybe some insite will come from it. I also NEVER say I just don't get it. What would be the point. 

I have no steak in lobster (see what I did there. Lol) because I don't eat it. Deluxe drink package prices, I don't drink. Ocean view balconies, etc. But I've never commented on those posts, let alone tried to imply their opinions and/or feelings on those things were silly. A little more understanding around here about what we can't understand couldn't hurt. 

Anyway, this cabin assignment is the first time I've been excited about this trip in weeks. Little inside gty. It really doesn't take as much as I bet you all have been thinking. My concerns how Royal handles things on board based on their on land track record are still very real. But knowing the cabin could be anywhere and finding out is always a high for me. It's an adventure. Christmas morning with no idea what's in the box under the tree. I love it. For some here it's nerve racking. (And I except that without comment). I don't get it. I don't have to get it. And they don't need to know that.

I have a friend who is turning 80 soon. She learned in her 20s that when people complained about something to her, to respond "That stinks". It shows empathy and that you are listening. Which often is all someone is looking for. 

Now that I have a cabin assignment, Royal will know where to find me, when they come looking for all the extra obc they keep giving me. LOL. Peace ✌️☮️🕊

Congrats on the sweet room location. I booked a GTY balcony for my Mariner sailing that has the only Premier pass that hasn't been refunded. 

On 3/22/2023 at 6:52 PM, AandD said:

My ride is over. My credit card has been credited correctly and thru Royals math I have a $11.01 credit for the fun. They can keep it for all I care. 

• 1 month later...

Ok, i am coming back to this thread.  Like all of you, i went on the wild ride, had the PP canceled, originally had $100 OBC applied, and then reduced to $50. 

Well, last night i was looking up a recent invoice for my next upcoming cruise (the one where i booked the PP), and this looks confusing. The columns don't line up. So I'm guessing that's not $50 for each guest 1 & 2, but $50 for me and then the next $50 is the total?

Screenshot_20230430_221610_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

It was a glitch in the system.  I read an article that stated RCL was refunding those that purchased it.   It was an internet article so no actual verification as to validity.    It is a sweet deal if Royal leaves it up.

1 hour ago, A and M said:

It was a glitch in the system.  I read an article that stated RCL was refunding those that purchased it.   It was an internet article so no actual verification as to validity.    It is a sweet deal if Royal leaves it up.

The Premier pass was taken down less than a week after the glitch and those of us who purchased it were made more than whole.