New cruise planner item, Premier Pass?

3 hours ago, CanHardlyWait said:

I know how to see the credit on phone where the lines are, but don’t know how to see the rules everyone keeps posting. 

I don't think that banner shows up on the mobile site. I see it when I log on to CP on a desktop, it goes away fast once you start moving about in cruise planner though.

4 hours ago, jp1 said:

Transfer of Available Spend for use onboard the Ship

Should you have any residual Available Spend at the cut-off date for making purchases utilizing Cruise Planner, such Available Spend will be automatically converted back to US$ for spend onboard your booked cruise.

Here's the bit that discusses moving the OBC to your cruise account if you don't use it all pre-cruise. I never use my OBC in the Cruise Planner and let it transfer to the ship.

19 hours ago, asquared17 said:

took a gamble and cancelled my second premiere pass (purchased with OBC) less than 5 minutes ago. the updated email confirming the cancellation and the refund of my OBC was back in the matter of seconds.

i'm fully back to rights now, plus the $50 OBC for each that was issued.

wow..you weren't kidding. I did the same thing just now. Canceled, refreshed my page and BOOM the original OBC was credited right back. SO now I have my original 100 obc plus the refund 50 all showing. Thanks! 

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

My advice is - do nothing.  

I think that is great advice and I am going to follow it.  We have b2b on Liberty next month and each cruise still has the Premier Pass and the 4 day cruise also has the Atlantic Aquaventure showing as it's booked.  

I have received the obc for both cruises but the items haven't been cancelled yet and no refund yet so I am going just going to let it ride.

Here's my dilemma.

I had $25 on board credit listed before this mess. By late Tuesday early Wednesday I had $75 obc. So I assume I got the $50 apology credit. However, I never till this day got an email apology or any notification that the purchase was a mistake and was going to be refunded. My purchase went from pending on my card to charged. I feel like I was forgotten and left out of the loop. When I cancel a purchase my card is refunded within 48 hours. And I've canceled 13 purchases over past six months. Why should this take so long for them to cancel? Also it STILL shows as booked in my planner. I hate and I mean hate calling Royal anymore. But since I never received any communication and it still shows booked should I? 

21 hours ago, CanHardlyWait said:

Do I need to cancel the pass package to get my credit card refunded? Or will I loose the extra $50 in the process?

11 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

I am wondering the same thing because none of mine have been automatically cancelled.

9 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

My advice is - do nothing.  

Today was my self imposed “line in the sand”  I cancelled multiple premier pass reservations in the CP, and all my OBC was unaffected. 

28 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

Considering it is probably going to be a lot of cancellations, I plan to wait until sometime next week. I don't think calling will help as those same reps were telling people the package was good and good for two people. 

Pedro Pascal Joel GIF by HBO

I know. That's what I keep thinking. They literally have no idea what they are doing. Kinda makes you feel helpless when you have a problem. A dozen well trained cs reps located in America could probably handle it all. And they could pay them less by letting them work from home as a bargaining perk. And make them take at least 2 Fam trips a year.

I just checked our account and both cruises still show the items that RC said doesn't exist.  I do wonder if they are actually putting the work on us to cancel our booking ?  The longer we wait then the longer RC gets to use our funds correct ?

I remember how long it took for RC to refund us for our 5 cancelled cruises. It still pisses me off that I made 3 payments on each trip but yet the refund was made in small amounts over many weeks.

I got another email today saying that my package was cancelled and when I go into my planner, it shows that it is being refunded. We cruise in a week and a half, so I'm glad they seem to be taking care of it before then. No credit on my card yet though - the newest email said 14 days for refund again.

Just an FYI update, I just recieved 3 email in the past 2 hours saying they are sorry but have canceled my Premier Passes.

2 returned my OBC and one refunded my credit card used.  Yes it will be a while until the actual CC refund posts, but OBC shows now.

Purchase shows as refunded now rather than booked as it did before

6 hours ago, CanHardlyWait said:

Well....Finally an hour ago I received my very first communication from Royal Caribbean on this "mistake". This is not the apology I've seen other people post screen shots of. Hell, it's not even an apology. They make it sound like they made a change. Not a mistake. Which I really take offense to. Own up to it in writing. They did not. 

Also, ZERO mention of an on board credit !!!!!  My obc balance did go from $25 to $75 last week. I assume that was from this. However, priceline was giving me $75, $25 at booking and $50 to be added 21 days before departure. Now I'm still 60 days out, so I assume the $50 increase is from Royal and not my priceline $50. But it would have been nice if they had actually spelled it out. If I wasn't on this site or CC, I would have no idea what was going on. 

I just take issue with "Due to a change in plans". Insults my intelligence. We Apologize, would have been appropriate and professional. This wasn't an apology letter, it was a whoops post it note. 

Also, note folks. Refunds are listed as 14 business days, not 14 days. Just an FYI.

You're really going all in for this apology. Are you sure you never got the initial email? did you check the junk or spam folders? did you do a search in the mailbox for "royal Caribbean"?   Either way- is it THAT important to you? It was obviously wrong from the get go and most people realized right away that it was most likely going to be rescinded.

1 hour ago, ScottD said:

You're really going all in for this apology. Are you sure you never got the initial email? did you check the junk or spam folders? did you do a search in the mailbox for "royal Caribbean"?   Either way- is it THAT important to you? It was obviously wrong from the get go and most people realized right away that it was most likely going to be rescinded.

49 minutes ago, CanHardlyWait said:

Oh.....I checked everywhere.

It really is important to me because.

One: I truly believe a proper letter with the word apology/apologize in it is the way any business (especially retail/hospitality) should respond to any problem, let alone one they caused. It's standard and common. 

Two: Apparently, they started off sending letters like that and (got tiered of clicking repeat???). Failed to stay consistent with the first batch of apology letters and then chose to shorten it to "Due to a change". Taking away any acknowledgement of their mistake. I've seen screen shots of the first letter and they apologize and admitted failure on their part. So in under 7 days we go from that to "Due to a change". LOL. It's like they are back tracking from the first batch of letters they sent out because those made them look responsible for a problem. And now they went to a non admission of guilt or responsibility notice of "a change". People got the original letter. It's screen shot it out there. Why not show responsibility and consistency and stick to the first version that admits guilt, takes responsibility, and apologizes. To try and put a spin on it now by calling it "Due to a change", is like trying to put the toothpaste back in the tube. They already admitted in writing (to some) it was there mistake. Too late to spin it otherwise. I fail to see how this new spin could not insult the intelligence of anyone here. They didn't have the backbone to stand behind there original statement. To me that speaks volumes. None of them good.

Who cares what the email or cancellation notice says? We all know what happened; there are news articles in industry publications outlining the error, it’s not a secret, they can’t hide from it.

I have not received one single piece of correspondence regarding this issue. I have however received over $400 OBC across several reservations-AND my CC has been credited after I took the initiative to click the “cancel” button in the cruise planner. 

I can’t imagine wasting time or energy concerned about verbiage in a mass email campaign.