New cruise planner item, Premier Pass?

1 hour ago, SweetPea said:

I'm dying to know what happened to you crazy kids who spent the $100 before Royal could flip it to $50. 😍

Got the invoice for payment when they reversed the $100 OBC. Called customer service, was told the wait time would be longer than the typical Disney animated film, hanged up, and then canceled all cruise planner purchases which OBC was used (including those with OBC earned from booking the cruise). Once the $50 OBC hit, gave it a resting period then repurchased only the DBP.

38 minutes ago, Rackham said:

Got the invoice for payment when they reversed the $100 OBC. Called customer service, was told the wait time would be longer than the typical Disney animated film, hanged up, and then canceled all cruise planner purchases which OBC was used (including those with OBC earned from booking the cruise). Once the $50 OBC hit, gave it a resting period then repurchased only the DBP.

I'm almost sorry i asked! But thanks for the reply 😊

I'm so confused at the moment. I just got this letter from Royal Caribbean via email. I still have Premier Pass booked for my July 2023 and January 2024 cruises. This email specifically cites my January 2024 cruise. What the heck is it trying to say? Internet for my cruise is about $53 total and I never cancelled it when the Premier Pass was purchased, but then...this. ?????? 

(EDIT - I know the PP is defunct, I'm just trying to understand this email)

image.thumb.png.6c3f0f4d4fe304bf9c6ee997f54aa818.png

6 hours ago, Jill said:

WAIT IT JUST GETS BETTER! 

Apparently when you put your boarding pass in your Apple Wallet, you now have The Key! 

I won’t have boarding passes until March 23. Can anyone else confirm? I’m seeing a bunch of people on Facebook that it’s happened to. 😂😂 Oh Snap! 

Yup my boarding pass for 16 march had a key on it so of course I printed it and that is what I'll be using to board with.

i did get my first refund back — the one i cancelled through the CP which was purchased using my CC maybe monday or tuesday. the charge did post too. 

still waiting to see how the OBC shakes out but i feel like it’ll just take a few days. 

edit: just finished check in and can confirm no key on this pass (which makes sense as it was refunded)

19 hours ago, Cactus527 said:

I'm so confused at the moment. I just got this letter from Royal Caribbean via email. I still have Premier Pass booked for my July 2023 and January 2024 cruises. This email specifically cites my January 2024 cruise. What the heck is it trying to say? Internet for my cruise is about $53 total and I never cancelled it when the Premier Pass was purchased, but then...this. ?????? 

(EDIT - I know the PP is defunct, I'm just trying to understand this email)

image.thumb.png.6c3f0f4d4fe304bf9c6ee997f54aa818.png

Maybe they're just sending this everyone? Just to make sure all the people know.

It is honestly pretty darn awesome of them to reinstate the original price people paid. I know a lot of folks were ready to riot over having to pay the increased rates due to this error.

1 hour ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

Maybe they're just sending this everyone? Just to make sure all the people know.

It is honestly pretty darn awesome of them to reinstate the original price people paid. I know a lot of folks were ready to riot over having to pay the increased rates due to this error.

I don't think it's awesome at all. I think it's the absolute least they can do. They made the mess. Why should anyone suffer in anyway for it.

Here's the fine print:

These terms and conditions relate only to the use of promotional on-board credit (OBC) that you may have received as a benefit under a promotion ("Promotional OBC"). Promotional OBC is issued in US$.

Guests that have been awarded Promotional OBC will be able to log in to Cruise Planner prior to the sail date of their booked cruise and see their available Promotional OBC in US$ where the booking was priced in US$. For all other currency bookings, Promotional OBC will be converted from US$ into the same currency as the cruise booking that gave rise to the award of Promotional OBC ("Available Spend").

Available Spend may be redeemed via Cruise Planner for individual bookings and for group bookings where Promotional OBC was allocated at an individual level.

Available Spend may be used to purchase shore excursions, dining, beverage packages, internet packages, spa & fitness services, entertainment activities and any future ancillary products / services available for purchase in advance of your cruise via Cruise Planner for your benefit or that of any other booking subject to such bookings relating to the same cruise sailing as your booking and such bookings being in the same currency.

Not all OBC is eligible for purchases through Cruise Planner. Promotional OBC excludes OBC you may have received as a gift, from your travel agent, Customer Service, or any OBC awarded through a group booking.

Making a Purchase via the Pre Cruise Planner

Subject to availability, guests may make purchases via Cruise Planner utilizing their Available Spend.

Where the value of Available Spend is less than the cost of any purchase(s), you may apply the Available Spend to the purchase(s) and pay any shortfall utilizing a credit or debit card.

Where the value of Available Spend exceeds the cost of any purchase(s) to be made, any balance will remain available to use on purchase(s) via Cruise Planner until the cut - off date for making purchases utilizing Cruise Planner (usually 48 hours prior to the sail date) after which any unused residual balance will be converted back to US$ on the sailing date and added to the guest's on-board account for spend onboard.

Please note that the value of Available Spend in your Cruise Planner account is subject to exchange rate fluctuation between the US$ and your cruise booking currency so your Available Spend will vary between visits to Cruise Planner. When however a purchase is made via Cruise Planner utilizing Available Spend, at the time of that purchase the exchange rate will become fixed for the purchase and will also be applied to the balance of any residual Available Spend (where applicable). As such, any residual balance of Available Spend will no longer be subject to exchange rate fluctuations.

Change(s) to Cruise Booking

Should you make a purchase in Cruise Planner that utilizes Available Spend and then subsequently change your cruise booking in any way so that it is no longer eligible for any portion of the Promotional OBC, then the amount of Available Spend will be adjusted accordingly in Cruise Planner.

Please note that in the event that you have made purchases utilizing Available Spend that you are no longer entitled due to such a change of booking, then to retain those purchases you will need to pay those elements of your purchases no longer covered by such Available Spend. In such circumstances, we will promptly advise you by email of the amount payable by you and the deadline to make such payment.

Cancellation of Cruise Booking

In the event that your cruise booking is cancelled for any reason, any purchases made using Available Spend will be automatically cancelled and forfeited. Where any cash payment was made in full or in part for any purchase made via Cruise Planner using a credit card, debit card, or other form of cash equivalent payments the amount of such cash payment will be refunded back in the original form of payment within 30 days.

Cancellation of Purchases

In the event that you wish to cancel any purchase(s) made via Cruise Planner prior to the sail date of your cruise, you may do so via Cruise Planner up to the cut off date.

Where you do cancel any purchase made via Cruise Planner, any relevant amount of Promotional OBC released by such cancellation will be credited back to your Cruise Planner account to be used as Available Spend. In the event the purchase was in part funded by cash (via a credit card, debit card, or other form of cash equivalent payments then the applicable amount will be credited back to the original form of payment within 30 days.

Balance Due Notification & Cancellation of Cruise Planner Purchase

PLEASE NOTE THAT SHOULD YOU FAIL TO PAY THE FULL AMOUNT OF ANY SUM DUE BY THE DEADLINE COMMUNICATED TO YOU BY US FOLLOWING A CHANGE OF BOOKING, THEN THE RELEVANT PURCHASE(S) MADE VIA CRUISE PLANNER WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY CANCELLED WITHOUT ANY LIABILITY ON OUR PART TO YOU OR ANY OTHER BENEFICIARY OF SUCH PURCHASES.

In the above circumstances, where we are forced to cancel any purchase, where any cash payment was made in full or in part for any purchase made via Cruise Planner using a credit card, debit card, or other form of cash equivalent payments the amount of such cash payment will be refunded back in the original form of payment within 30 days.

Transfer of Available Spend for use onboard the Ship

Should you have any residual Available Spend at the cut-off date for making purchases utilizing Cruise Planner, such Available Spend will be automatically converted back to US$ for spend onboard your booked cruise.

The rate of exchange applied will be the same rate that applied to your original purchase utilizing Onboard Spend. Where however no purchase has been made utilizing your Available Spend, the original amount of Promotional OBC awarded to you in US$ shall be transferred to your onboard account to spend onboard.

Please note that Promotional OBC is non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, and will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the final night of your cruise.

Last Minute Changes to Cruise Booking

Be advised that last minute changes to a cruise booking within 3 days of sailing and after final notification of Cruise Planner Credit Balance Summary has been sent to you where you are no longer eligible to receive Promotional OBC will have an impact on your final Cruise Planner Credit Summary and available onboard credit spend.

Additionally, this will make it impossible to organize the collection and processing of payments via Cruise Planner and thus owe us money to pay for any existing purchases made via Cruise Planner prior to any change utilizing Cruise Planner credit. We must reserve the right to simply cancel any purchases made via Cruise Planner where Promotional OBC was applied.

In these circumstances we will advise you by email that your purchase(s) are cancelled and credit any cash payments (as applicable) back to the original form of payment within 30 days. We recommend that where your change of booking is within 3 days of your sailing date, that at the time of changing your booking you ask your travel agent or our call center if any change is likely to affect any Promotional OBC.

15 minutes ago, CanHardlyWait said:

Is this an edit from the apology letter? Or something else you were sent. What's the top half of page say? I ask coz this is different from what I've seen.

This is what pops up when you click the Terms and Conditions link above.

31 minutes ago, jp1 said:

Here's the fine print:

These terms and conditions relate only to the use of promotional on-board credit (OBC) that you may have received as a benefit under a promotion ("Promotional OBC"). Promotional OBC is issued in US$.

Guests that have been awarded Promotional OBC will be able to log in to Cruise Planner prior to the sail date of their booked cruise and see their available Promotional OBC in US$ where the booking was priced in US$. For all other currency bookings, Promotional OBC will be converted from US$ into the same currency as the cruise booking that gave rise to the award of Promotional OBC ("Available Spend").

Available Spend may be redeemed via Cruise Planner for individual bookings and for group bookings where Promotional OBC was allocated at an individual level.

Available Spend may be used to purchase shore excursions, dining, beverage packages, internet packages, spa & fitness services, entertainment activities and any future ancillary products / services available for purchase in advance of your cruise via Cruise Planner for your benefit or that of any other booking subject to such bookings relating to the same cruise sailing as your booking and such bookings being in the same currency.

Not all OBC is eligible for purchases through Cruise Planner. Promotional OBC excludes OBC you may have received as a gift, from your travel agent, Customer Service, or any OBC awarded through a group booking.

Making a Purchase via the Pre Cruise Planner

Subject to availability, guests may make purchases via Cruise Planner utilizing their Available Spend.

Where the value of Available Spend is less than the cost of any purchase(s), you may apply the Available Spend to the purchase(s) and pay any shortfall utilizing a credit or debit card.

Where the value of Available Spend exceeds the cost of any purchase(s) to be made, any balance will remain available to use on purchase(s) via Cruise Planner until the cut - off date for making purchases utilizing Cruise Planner (usually 48 hours prior to the sail date) after which any unused residual balance will be converted back to US$ on the sailing date and added to the guest's on-board account for spend onboard.

Please note that the value of Available Spend in your Cruise Planner account is subject to exchange rate fluctuation between the US$ and your cruise booking currency so your Available Spend will vary between visits to Cruise Planner. When however a purchase is made via Cruise Planner utilizing Available Spend, at the time of that purchase the exchange rate will become fixed for the purchase and will also be applied to the balance of any residual Available Spend (where applicable). As such, any residual balance of Available Spend will no longer be subject to exchange rate fluctuations.

Change(s) to Cruise Booking

Should you make a purchase in Cruise Planner that utilizes Available Spend and then subsequently change your cruise booking in any way so that it is no longer eligible for any portion of the Promotional OBC, then the amount of Available Spend will be adjusted accordingly in Cruise Planner.

Please note that in the event that you have made purchases utilizing Available Spend that you are no longer entitled due to such a change of booking, then to retain those purchases you will need to pay those elements of your purchases no longer covered by such Available Spend. In such circumstances, we will promptly advise you by email of the amount payable by you and the deadline to make such payment.

Cancellation of Cruise Booking

In the event that your cruise booking is cancelled for any reason, any purchases made using Available Spend will be automatically cancelled and forfeited. Where any cash payment was made in full or in part for any purchase made via Cruise Planner using a credit card, debit card, or other form of cash equivalent payments the amount of such cash payment will be refunded back in the original form of payment within 30 days.

Cancellation of Purchases

In the event that you wish to cancel any purchase(s) made via Cruise Planner prior to the sail date of your cruise, you may do so via Cruise Planner up to the cut off date.

Where you do cancel any purchase made via Cruise Planner, any relevant amount of Promotional OBC released by such cancellation will be credited back to your Cruise Planner account to be used as Available Spend. In the event the purchase was in part funded by cash (via a credit card, debit card, or other form of cash equivalent payments then the applicable amount will be credited back to the original form of payment within 30 days.

Balance Due Notification & Cancellation of Cruise Planner Purchase

PLEASE NOTE THAT SHOULD YOU FAIL TO PAY THE FULL AMOUNT OF ANY SUM DUE BY THE DEADLINE COMMUNICATED TO YOU BY US FOLLOWING A CHANGE OF BOOKING, THEN THE RELEVANT PURCHASE(S) MADE VIA CRUISE PLANNER WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY CANCELLED WITHOUT ANY LIABILITY ON OUR PART TO YOU OR ANY OTHER BENEFICIARY OF SUCH PURCHASES.

In the above circumstances, where we are forced to cancel any purchase, where any cash payment was made in full or in part for any purchase made via Cruise Planner using a credit card, debit card, or other form of cash equivalent payments the amount of such cash payment will be refunded back in the original form of payment within 30 days.

Should you have any residual Available Spend at the cut-off date for making purchases utilizing Cruise Planner, such Available Spend will be automatically converted back to US$ for spend onboard your booked cruise.

The rate of exchange applied will be the same rate that applied to your original purchase utilizing Onboard Spend. Where however no purchase has been made utilizing your Available Spend, the original amount of Promotional OBC awarded to you in US$ shall be transferred to your onboard account to spend onboard.

Please note that Promotional OBC is non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, and will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the final night of your cruise.

Last Minute Changes to Cruise Booking

Be advised that last minute changes to a cruise booking within 3 days of sailing and after final notification of Cruise Planner Credit Balance Summary has been sent to you where you are no longer eligible to receive Promotional OBC will have an impact on your final Cruise Planner Credit Summary and available onboard credit spend.

Additionally, this will make it impossible to organize the collection and processing of payments via Cruise Planner and thus owe us money to pay for any existing purchases made via Cruise Planner prior to any change utilizing Cruise Planner credit. We must reserve the right to simply cancel any purchases made via Cruise Planner where Promotional OBC was applied.

In these circumstances we will advise you by email that your purchase(s) are cancelled and credit any cash payments (as applicable) back to the original form of payment within 30 days. We recommend that where your change of booking is within 3 days of your sailing date, that at the time of changing your booking you ask your travel agent or our call center if any change is likely to affect any Promotional OBC.

It does note half way down:

15 minutes ago, CanHardlyWait said:

It does not half way down:

Certainly conflicting, or at least confusing information.  Whatever it is, it's free money.  If I lost out it's no big sweat.

17 minutes ago, jp1 said:

Certainly conflicting, or at least confusing information.  Whatever it is, it's free money.  If I lost out it's no big sweat.

Now I'm trying to figure it out. I don't want to loose out, but really don't need anymore from planner. I would have to cancel something and rebook to use if it's only good pre cruise. Not sure what to do?

Can anyone else help on this. Some have said it's only good pre cruise in planner. Others say it's good still once onboard. I'm lost.

44 minutes ago, jp1 said:

If you don't use all the OBC pre-cruise, it will transfer to onboard. If you don't spend it all by the end of your sailing, you forfeit the balance.

33 minutes ago, CanHardlyWait said:

Where can I go to see this in my planner? Thanks.

If you are using a mobile device, you will have to click the lines, usually in the top left corner, and then you will see your OBC.

The OBC they issued for this fiasco is good for the cruise planner or to be used onboard. The only way you will lose out is if it is not spent by the last night of your cruise. 

18 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

If you are using a mobile device, you will have to click the lines, usually in the top left corner, and then you will see your OBC.

The OBC they issued for this fiasco is good for the cruise planner or to be used onboard. The only way you will lose out is if it is not spent by the last night of your cruise. 

I know how to see the credit on phone where the lines are, but don’t know how to see the rules everyone keeps posting. 

1 hour ago, CanHardlyWait said:

Now I'm trying to figure it out. I don't want to loose out, but really don't need anymore from planner. I would have to cancel something and rebook to use if it's only good pre cruise. Not sure what to do?

Howdy! If you don't need anything else from the Cruise Planner wait til you're onboard. Then you can download it into a slot machine and cash out for $50 cash. 🤑

Haven’t checked this afternoon, but this morning I had $100 OBC on each of the bookings where I had purchased the plan (I purchased 2 pkgs for each of those sailings) but the purchase was still showing up with no note of being cancelled.  I’m going to do nothing and let them do it all.  None of my purchases used existing OBC…they were all CC purchases.

Thank goodness I did not cancel any of my previously-purchased internet pkgs.  I’m frankly very surprised to hear that Royal is willing to honor the price of previously-purchased Cruise Planner purchases; they have always insisted that it’s impossible for them to do that (in other situations where repricing has caused some sort of weirdness and resulted in a higher purchase price). I’ll withhold my final opinion until I find that someone’s original CP purchase price has been re-instated…

19 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Haven’t checked this afternoon, but this morning I had $100 OBC on each of the bookings where I had purchased the plan (I purchased 2 pkgs for each of those sailings) but the purchase was still showing up with no note of being cancelled.  I’m going to do nothing and let them do it all.  None of my purchases used existing OBC…they were all CC purchases.

We're in the same exact holding pattern! 😃

I had OBC from my TA for our cruise last year. It showed exactly the same way as the credit shown above (which is also how mine shows from this kerfuffle with the premier pass). We didn't use it ahead of time, and it was available for us to use during our cruise. 

We will be waiting to use it during our cruise. As others have said, I already bought everything I want at Black Friday prices and I don't want anything else ahead of time. 

We'll do specialty dining, or paid ice cream/candy, or arcade, or a few alcoholic drinks, or get some new tshirts, etc...

2 hours ago, CanHardlyWait said:

So wouldn't that mean it's good on board and not pre cruise only?

It's good onboard.  The terms say that if you don't use it before departure it will be transferred to be used onboard but will expire at the end of your cruie.