New cruise planner item, Premier Pass?

Keep in mind RCCL has 2 types of internet packages. KEY has Voom this Premier has internet package.  Below explains the differences...just wanted to share in case people thought everything was Surf + Stream....it is not the same

What is the difference between internet packages on Royal Caribbean?

VOOM offers two different levels of service — a cheaper “Surf” package made for general browsing and checking email, and a more expensive “Surf + Stream” that offers the ability to video chat, as well as stream movies and music.

6 hours ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

Hopped on my computer to make sure desktop mode on my phone wasn't stiffing me but I still don't have that header.😭 mine ends at Gift & Gear and still no luck forcing it.

image.thumb.png.3e27f028f46374eb7ec810ff2aa4b367.png

We have 5 upcoming cruises booked and we were only able to get this for 2 of the sailings.  It's funny because that deal for Atlantis Aquaventure is also one of the 2 cruises where I was able to book this Premiere Pass too.

42 minutes ago, Radson Family said:

Keep in mind RCCL has 2 types of internet packages. KEY has Voom this Premier has internet package.  Below explains the differences...just wanted to share in case people thought everything was Surf + Stream....it is not the same

VOOM offers two different levels of service — a cheaper “Surf” package made for general browsing and checking email, and a more expensive “Surf + Stream” that offers the ability to video chat, as well as stream movies and music.

there are alot of posts that seem to indicate otherwise.  As ships are moving to Starlink internet, they are only offering surf+stream, since the speeds are better with the new provider.  I would guess this is probably some outdated wording on RC website that just hasn't been updated ( or will be once the entire fleet is updated to starlink satellite )

7 hours ago, FionaMG said:

I guess it could also be the cheese tray with wine... 😂

59 minutes ago, Sea Squirrel said:

The fine print at checkout is confusing me. C92AD092-FBD6-48A3-91C2-E1BAF826B329.thumb.jpeg.aea7ef51dada3365c0ff598c0f76f055.jpeg

I was thinking the same thing 🧐 because if you buy 2 packages that 4 people and I’m only traveling with one other person 

Hmmm, I first did the URL change, changing beverage to "package" and I get the page that says great things are coming soon.  Then switched beverage to "packages" and the offer comes up, just in case anyone else isn't getting it and did the same as I did the first time.

46 minutes ago, Montemy2419 said:

We have 5 upcoming cruises booked and we were only able to get this for 2 of the sailings.  It's funny because that deal for Atlantis Aquaventure is also one of the 2 cruises where I was able to book this Premiere Pass too.

It seems so random which sailings they're opening it up for.

Kinda aggravating for those of us who can't get in at all.....

18 minutes ago, Snowchaser said:

Hmmm, I first did the URL change, changing beverage to "package" and I get the page that says great things are coming soon.  Then switched beverage to "packages" and the offer comes up, just in case anyone else isn't getting it and did the same as I did the first time.

I've tried "packages", "package", "premier" and "premiere" and I keep getting the same great things are coming page. I know I'm not the only one failing to get the info but it is still frustrating. I wouldn't even care if I did get it then it's cancelled, I just want the option.

7 hours ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

Hopped on my computer to make sure desktop mode on my phone wasn't stiffing me but I still don't have that header.😭 mine ends at Gift & Gear and still no luck forcing it.

image.thumb.png.3e27f028f46374eb7ec810ff2aa4b367.png

I am on voyager in Oct and I have the same luck as you...it doesnt show and if I type packages thats what it takes me to...its not on the header.

1 hour ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

It seems so random which sailings they're opening it up for.

Kinda aggravating for those of us who can't get in at all.....

I've tried "packages", "package", "premier" and "premiere" and I keep getting the same great things are coming page. I know I'm not the only one failing to get the info but it is still frustrating. I wouldn't even care if I did get it then it's cancelled, I just want the option.

Odd thing for me is that my folks are sailing on the same cruise and they had this listed under packages while I had to do the url change. 

We are on a Oasis 9 night cruise so if this sticks it's even a better deal!

7 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

It was available for our 5-26 Mariner and 2 of 3 Indy sailings.  Bizarre that it is not available for the second half of our Indy B2B but is for the first. 😵💫😵💫😵💫. Oh well.  I booked it for every cruise where it was available.  I went ahead and booked both Dan and me for fear that they will disallow for just 1 of us.  As others have done, I am keeping all of the internet pkgs that I already purchased on sale.  If this BIP thing turns out to be legit I can cancel those later.  Truly, I only got these VIP pkgs for the internet.  The rest of the pkg is not of particular interest but a nice bonus, I guess.  I’m certain this is an error….it waaaytooo good of a deal as-is.  I guess we’ll see….

Heyyyyyy!!!

We're on the 5/26 Mariner sailing!!   I hope we get to meet y'all!

I bought one under my name for the wife and I.  We will have our two kids with us so I'm debating whether I should get second under the wife to ensure the kids are covered?  It would seem like if the parents had priority boarding that it would have to include the kids?

7 hours ago, Radson Family said:

There is only one package now....they've done away with the "Cheaper surf" package due to the upgraded internet on the ships

Its very confusing wording - we have bought x2 for our HoS trip in October, 2 adults, one cabin. Even this price is a bargain for what it is. I suspect someone has made a mistake, and we'll all get an email saying the actual cost is $500 or whatever, asking us to pay the balance or cancel. We shall see what happens.

27 minutes ago, TimNayUK said:

Its very confusing wording - we have bought x2 for our HoS trip in October, 2 adults, one cabin. Even this price is a bargain for what it is. I suspect someone has made a mistake, and we'll all get an email saying the actual cost is $500 or whatever, asking us to pay the balance or cancel. We shall see what happens.

It is, but people have called an confirmed with RC that it is one price for TWO people, so you should be able to call and get refunded for one of them....that is if they don't just wipe this whole thing away on Monday. 

16 minutes ago, ScottD said:

It is, but people have called an confirmed with RC that it is one price for TWO people, so you should be able to call and get refunded for one of them....that is if they don't just wipe this whole thing away on Monday. 

Yes just wanted to be safe for now. I will give it a few days but we are from the UK and offices are only open Mon to Fri.

What a great deal! 

First, we have 3 upcoming sailings:  Radiance (Alaska in Jun '23), Mariner (Bermuda/Bahamas in Sep/Oct '23) and Rhapsody (RCB Group cruise at Panama Canal Mar '24).  Just the Mariner sailing had this package.

The system allowed me to just order one at 88.99 and when I called RC, the nice operator confirmed that I only had to purchase 1 (of course, I'm saving a screenshot)   The only question is will the internet be "Surf & Stream" or just "Surf".

49 minutes ago, baltodave said:

What a great deal! 

First, we have 3 upcoming sailings:  Radiance (Alaska in Jun '23), Mariner (Bermuda/Bahamas in Sep/Oct '23) and Rhapsody (RCB Group cruise at Panama Canal Mar '24).  Just the Mariner sailing had this package.

The system allowed me to just order one at 88.99 and when I called RC, the nice operator confirmed that I only had to purchase 1 (of course, I'm saving a screenshot)   The only question is will the internet be "Surf & Stream" or just "Surf".

Were you able to add this to your Radiance Alaska cruise? I've got a July '23 Radiance Alaska cruise and it's not showing up in my cruise planner, even with the workaround.  Sad.  This would be great if it all plays out ok!

1 hour ago, baltodave said:

What a great deal! 

This has been mentioned a few times in the thread regarding the internet...there is no more just "Surf" for most ships, as they are upgraded to starlink, only one internet plan is offered.

11 hours ago, Radson Family said:

Voom Surf went away with the introduction of Starlink internet.  There are no longer two tiers of internet service.

1 hour ago, baltodave said:

What a great deal! 

There is no more designated ”surf” and “surf/stream”.  There is just one internet package now.

Does anyone else read this “All eligible guests in the stateroom will be charged for individual packages" just mean everyone who buys one is getting charged for the package...meaning if two of you buy it, you're both getting charged for an individual package...which is for two people. So in reality, you are buying for 4 people if two of you buy it.  Phew