New cruise planner item, Premier Pass?

Posting her what I discovered on another forum.  There is a new package that looks to have just appeared in cruise planner overnight, Premier Pass Package.  If you're booking online, it's on the top menu called "packages".  From what i've read seems hit or miss, some people have available, some don't, but the benefits seem too good to be true.

Price is 88.99 per package. I've called Royal myself to confirm that 1 package covers the 2 guests for the activities listed and have booked one for upcoming 3/25 sailling.  We see if it holds up, cause it's a steal of a deal.

I paid 127 just for voom 6 months ago, so i save 40 dollars just cancelling that and buying this package, plus all the other benefits.

What's Included

• Welcome bottle of Veuve Clicquot
  • Priority embarkation and debarkation
  • Inside Access tour (two guests)
  • Officer's lunch (two guests)
  • Unlimited internet access (two devices)
  • Captain's toast and photo
  • Wine pairing with sommelier (two guests) - wine is complimentary
  • Laundry service (one bag per stateroom)

YMMV on the availability, just sharing for those that probably would never have noticed if not trolling cruise forums daily up until our departure 🙂

24 minutes ago, TXcruzer said:

Was not listed in my cruise planner for Wonder in July, but I called and they sold it to us

Also, I told my daughter about the Premier Pass this morning when I booked it, but it wasn't available on her sailing for Allure on April 30th.  I just called her to have her do the "hack" and put in packages into the url, but when she logged back into her RC account, the "Packages" tab was there, so she just booked it too!!!  

1 hour ago, Jengamom said:

Wish I knew if it was surf or surf & stream. Got a great deal on the latter package and really don’t want to lose it

Most ships only offer the one package now...if they have upgraded to starlink (which most have) then they don't even offer the "surf" package anymore

38 minutes ago, knewby said:

Posting her what I discovered on another forum.  There is a new package that looks to have just appeared in cruise planner overnight, Premier Pass Package.  If you're booking online, it's on the top menu called "packages".  From what i've read seems hit or miss, some people have available, some don't, but the benefits seem too good to be true.

Price is 88.99 per package. I've called Royal myself to confirm that 1 package covers the 2 guests for the activities listed and have booked one for upcoming 3/25 sailling.  We see if it holds up, cause it's a steal of a deal.

I paid 127 just for voom 6 months ago, so i save 40 dollars just cancelling that and buying this package, plus all the other benefits.

What's Included

• Welcome bottle of Veuve Clicquot
  • Priority embarkation and debarkation
  • Inside Access tour (two guests)
  • Officer's lunch (two guests)
  • Unlimited internet access (two devices)
  • Captain's toast and photo
  • Wine pairing with sommelier (two guests) - wine is complimentary
  • Laundry service (one bag per stateroom)

YMMV on the availability, just sharing for those that probably would never have noticed if not trolling cruise forums daily up until our departure 🙂

The advice in the other thread also cautions against cancelling anything as this may be a royal IT error (the value is almost quadruple the cost) and it may get pulled once they figure it out

This is available for my Wonder of the Seas sailing in December. That price seems suspiciously low, the ship tour is still in the cruise planner for 158.99 per guest, and the internet package alone would cost more than this package at 265 USD for the whole cruise. I might just book this now and hope for the best.

Edit: I made the booking, we'll see if it gets cancelled.

It shows up for my Anthem cruise in February 2024. This is despite the fine print stating that it's applicable for sailings March 14 2023 - Dec 31 2023.

I think I'll still get it. I figure the worst that happens is it will be cancelled, or if they change the benefits there will be plenty of time for me to cancel.

21 minutes ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

On the phone now trying to do what @TXcruzer did but Robert hasn't heard of it before. I'm now on hold while he (probably) panics and tries to figure out what this thing is

Alright...no luck for me on that route. He was able to figure out what it was by talking to his coworkers and he sees that "that package does exist" but "not for [your sailing]...yet. it may show up as it gets closer" which I then said, well..i saw someone get it for November Harmony....and he was just like "all I can advise you to do is wait and see. I can see the package exists but I don't have anything on my end to book it for you. If I did, I would."

So that was a strike out

17 minutes ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

Alright...no luck for me on that route. He was able to figure out what it was by talking to his coworkers and he sees that "that package does exist" but "not for [your sailing]...yet. it may show up as it gets closer" which I then said, well..i saw someone get it for November Harmony....and he was just like "all I can advise you to do is wait and see. I can see the package exists but I don't have anything on my end to book it for you. If I did, I would."

So that was a strike out

He's right that it may show up later, but I wouldn't wait days, I would keep checking.  It wasn't available for my daughter for her April 30th sailing on Allure, but it just came up a little while ago and she was able to book it.

I just booked the Premier Pass for the President's cruise and Mariner of the Seas in September. It's being offered on Symphony Thanksgiving week. So I'll also sign up for that cruise. My Odyssey and Freedom cruise for 2024 does not show the Premier Pass being offered. For 2 people it is a great price. I wonder if this is an introductory price .

25 minutes ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

So that was a strike out

That was strike one. Try calling back in a bit. Hang up if you get Robert again. 🤞

2 hours ago, reanna said:

I’m confused as it does seem that this is for two people but on the website when you go to reserve, it says “All eligible guests in the stateroom will be charged for individual packages.” So when booking do you check out for one or both guests?

Yes. This confused me as well. 

We are cruising with our son and his family next February on Anthem (four adults/two cabins). I just reserved it in his name and mine.  We’ll see what happens as it plays out and people start getting real world experience with it.    Worst case I’ll just cancel it. 

2 hours ago, Rackham said:

Oh, God. This keeps getting better and better. Chef's Table alone is about the cost of the package pre-sailing.

Seems to be the same as Celebrity’s package. Their description of the wine pairing is having the sommelier pair a free bottle of wine with one of your meals.

35 minutes ago, Phyllis Sobus said:

I just booked the Premier Pass for the President's cruise and Mariner of the Seas in September. It's being offered on Symphony Thanksgiving week. So I'll also sign up for that cruise. My Odyssey and Freedom cruise for 2024 does not show the Premier Pass being offered. For 2 people it is a great price. I wonder if this is an introductory price .

For sure it's a mistake and not an introductory price. This sort of thing happens every once in a while. The question is whether Royal will own it and honour it for everyone who has already booked or whether they'll cancel all the bookings and refund. Given how much debt they're in after covid I'd be inclined to think they won't let this one go but you never know.

I just booked this for our trip on Mariner in June. It was 88.99 per package for two adults. Our surf and stream package for two devices was $144 so I just canceled it. We are saving $55 and are getting the internet plus the other things that are mentioned in the first post. This is a great deal. Thanks for posting about it to let us all know. 

1 hour ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

the value is almost quadruple the cost

I think you're significantly undervaluing the actual value.  It's probably supposed to be per person per day, so the value is probably closer to 14x the cost on a 7 day.  I mean the welcome Champagne alone is a $114/bottle onboard...

This was an instant book for me and my (soon to be) wife for our honeymoon cruise in 15 days. Price error or not, it was worth a shot. It’s unclear however what internet package is included: Surf or Surf + Stream, just calling it Unlimited internet on the website