Adventure of the Seas - embarkation?

KLA

Hello wonderful members of the RC Blog Community - wondering if you guys would be willing to share your experiences with the late sail away time of Adventure of the Seas out of San Juan. What time should we arrive at port, what time are we likely to get on board, and about what time is muster? With a port heavy itinerary, what nights do the formal nights fall on? 

Thanks in advance! 

1 minute ago, tiny260 said:

I was on the one that went to Aruba and Curacao, so we only had 4 stops, we boarded at normal time, 10:30ish, muster was at 5:45, since the sail time was late everything else seemed to happen as normal, early dinner setting etc, formal nights were 2 and 6.

We are on St. Maarten - St. Kitts - Antigua - St. Lucia - Barbados itinerary. 

Thanks for the info on embarkation - glad to hear we can still board early. So we'll be out of muster in plenty of time for the early dinner seating? Traveling with family, and they like eating early. 

I have that Itinerary in 2018 on Freedom, I'm trying to remember if I saw people already dressed for dinner at muster, I wasn't because I had late seating for this cruise, so I had yet to go clean up, but I assume if you are already "Ready" for dinner that you shouldn't have any issues getting to the 6:30 early seating.

As long as the populous cooperates with the ship, muster should only take 15 minuets or so, cruise compass actually said to start listing for muster at 5:15.

I have gone out of San Juan twice (once on Adventure and once on Jewel).  Both times, embarkation was delayed at least an hour due to, according to them, Customs and Border Patrol not having cleared the ship.  I don't assume that is typical but two out of two times makes me wonder if it isn't unusual.  They even had printed copies of a letter from Royal Caribbean explaining the nature of the delay.

The first time they made us wait in a long line outside the terminal.  It was very hot, but Royal was nice enough to come around with carts of water and lemonade.  The second time I was already one of the few let into the terminal.  But both times they did not let us embark until between 1:15-2:00. 

Regardless, I forgot all about the long waits pretty quickly after being on board.  And if you're anything like me, the slow evening sailaway past Old San Juan will remove any negative thoughts from your mind.  Absolutely beautiful!!!

2 hours ago, klaconqueso said:

Hello wonderful members of the RC Blog Community - wondering if you guys would be willing to share your experiences with the late sail away time of Adventure of the Seas out of San Juan. What time should we arrive at port, what time are we likely to get on board, and about what time is muster? With a port heavy itinerary, what nights do the formal nights fall on? 

Thanks in advance! 

Boarded yesterday for St.Thomas-Curacao-Aruba-St Kitts. Because of late departure, we flew in same day and arrived at the pier at about 3. Check in was quick and easy. Muster was at 5:45. Normal 6:00 early MDR seating is 6:30 onthe first night. First formal night is night 2. I assume the second is night 6 (not sure) because on night 5 we are in Aruba until 11PM. FYI, Voom Surf & Stream works great all over the ship. If time allows, purchase it in advance during a cruise planner sale, where you can save up to 50% off the on board price of $17.99/day for one device.

3 hours ago, Skid said:

Boarded yesterday for St.Thomas-Curacao-Aruba-St Kitts. Because of late departure, we flew in same day and arrived at the pier at about 3. Check in was quick and easy. Muster was at 5:45. Normal 6:00 early MDR seating is 6:30 onthe first night. First formal night is night 2. I assume the second is night 6 (not sure) because on night 5 we are in Aruba until 11PM. FYI, Voom Surf & Stream works great all over the ship. If time allows, purchase it in advance during a cruise planner sale, where you can save up to 50% off the on board price of $17.99/day for one device.

I am well versed the art of pre-purchasing Voom. :) I typically wait for the Sip and Stream or some kind of bundle with the drink package to be made available. 

4 hours ago, DocLC said:

As others have said, there boarding times are as usually, but boarding seems less hectic because of the longer boarding window. Muster will be about 45 minutes before sailing give or take. 

Ship sailed at 8:30PM and they actually had 2 muster drills. One at 5:45, and another closer to sailing time for passengers that arrived too late for the first one.

Did Jewel once and Adventure once. Both times, showed up to the port at "normal" time, I think around noon both times and walked straight on to the ship both times.

IIRC muster was around 530 and then early dinner started at like 630 instead of 600 to account for that.

We did the same itinerary as you (ST M, STK, A, B, St L) IIRC formal was 2nd night and 2nd to last night.