Covid Vaccine Exemption Australia Cruises

Has anyone received an exemption for Covid vaccines for the Australia cruises? We are taking the Ovation of the Seas from Sydney to Honolulu on 15 April and have applied for the covid vaccine exemption for our son, as we are in South Africa and unable to get the vaccine for children under 12. We sent RCI an email per their process to request exemption and have not heard back. Just wondering if anyone has dealt with this at all? He will be fully vaccinated before the cruise however not the full 14 days in advance. Thanks!

I made the attempt in the US with a religious exemption last year, it was denied. My gut says maybe things have changed since then and there will be more room for leeway, but I wouldn’t bank on it. You might also try calling the exemptions department, they were very helpful and easy to reach when I was working with them

I hope that RCL will recognized that your son can not get the vaccine due to South America rules. 

But I did find the following on the RCL website:

Guests age 12 and older must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to sail:

I also found this on one of the Australia's government website:

From 6 July 2022 people do not need to provide evidence of COVID-19 vaccination to enter Australia.

Either way, it looks like your son under 12 will be ok. 

Australia is one of the few places that still needs proof of vaccination for sailings. When I was boarding Ovation for my cruise a week ago, everyone had to provide proof of vaccination, you also need to do a RAT test 24 hours before or a PCR test 48 hours before, if by the time the sailing has come around and Royal still hasn't replied, what I would suggest is that you get to the terminal a few hours early and explain your situation to them there, they seem pretty lenient at least they were when I was boarding... ymmv however.

vaccination request.png

7 hours ago, Jamesszy94 said:

Australia is one of the few places that still needs proof of vaccination for sailings. When I was boarding Ovation for my cruise a week ago, everyone had to provide proof of vaccination, you also need to do a RAT test 24 hours before or a PCR test 48 hours before, if by the time the sailing has come around and Royal still hasn't replied, what I would suggest is that you get to the terminal a few hours early and explain your situation to them there, they seem pretty lenient at least they were when I was boarding... ymmv however.

vaccination request.png

I am on the Quantum from Brisbane to Hawaii this April. What does self-administered COVID test mean? What proof do they require?

Thanks in advance.

John 

Jojn

43 minutes ago, JBC1 said:

I am on the Quantum from Brisbane to Hawaii this April. What does self-administered COVID test mean? What proof do they require?

Thanks in advance.

John 

Jojn

RAT test is fine. Just bring the test with you on embarcation.