Harmony Jr. Suites - half open shower?

So...does anyone know why Royal opted for a half open shower in the Jr Suites on Harmony?

I understand why the glass door isn't full (there's just not reasonable space) but why not have a shower curtain at the back like Grand Suites use?

Just curious if this was another Harmony oopsie like the lack of pool in the Solarium

The 2BR Aquatheater Suite on Harmony had the same half doors on the showers as the Jr. Suites do. It was... ineffective. More of a suggestion for the water to stay near the tub/shower than anything. Wound up using more towels to keep the floor dry. 

In contrast, the Jr. Suite bathrooms on Odyssey were amazing. Full tub, separate full rain shower with glazed window to let the daylight in, and a completely separate water closet for the toilet. 

Symphony last week...  The tub/shower also had the hinged half door and no curtain.  Try as I might, I could not prevent water from splashing outside the shower to the floor.  Interesting, this modern bathroom architecture.  As gorgeous and wonderful as this ship was, including our room, the faucet spout in our bathroom was so short, when we used it for something as simple as washing our hands or brushing our teeth, it was difficult to not flood the counter surrounding the faucet.  Had to use a wash cloth to contain and absorb the water.  

1 hour ago, Jolly Ogre said:

yeah that is what we had but with a shower curtain as well.

did your glass move or no? The one in the picture is a half glass door so it actually opens out (according to the room tours I've obsessively watched on youtube). I think that's the difference. When they made Harmony and Symphony they heard the shower curtain complaints but offered a worse solution with the half glass door.

Allure and Oasis still had the fixed glass and curtain:

image.png.210849dfe541f617b7150cefbddcb43f.png

Grand suites don't have shower curtains on Harmony, and it isn't just Harmony where you will find the half glass shower, this set up can also be found on Symphony.  We booked a last minute cruise on Symphony which set sail this past February 18th in a grand suite which was all they had left and the suite also had the half glass without the curtain as well. 

I've stayed at a few upscale hotels which also have this same set up with a half sheet of glass and no curtain for the shower and personally I don't have a problem with it. 

I think they are moving away from shower curtains on new ships the exception would be if you're staying in an accessible room then you would have curtain.  But I've stayed in a few accessible rooms over the past 14 years that I've been cursing with Royal and let me tell you in an accessible room the water goes every where a lot more than it does with the half sheet of glass. (But then in the accessible rooms you don't have a tub either.)

14 hours ago, JasonOasis said:

Grand suites don't have shower curtains on Harmony, and it isn't just Harmony where you will find the half glass shower, this set up can also be found on Symphony.  We booked a last minute cruise on Symphony which set sail this past February 18th in a grand suite which was all they had left and the suite also had the half glass without the curtain as well. 

I've stayed at a few upscale hotels which also have this same set up with a half sheet of glass and no curtain for the shower and personally I don't have a problem with it. 

I think they are moving away from shower curtains on new ships the exception would be if you're staying in an accessible room then you would have curtain.  But I've stayed in a few accessible rooms over the past 14 years that I've been cursing with Royal and let me tell you in an accessible room the water goes every where a lot more than it does with the half sheet of glass. (But then in the accessible rooms you don't have a tub either.)

Oh wow....if they're in Grand Suites then it's definitely not a space issue...fascinating.

Just watched a video of a GS and JS on Wonder and the half glass door follows through on that too. *sigh* well....I've showered in a half door set up before. My dislike, more than the threat of water splashing out, is cold air getting in. Nothing worse than a cool breeze while you're sopping wet🥶