Seattle hotel ?

deep1

Looking at Alaska options... One kinda pulling me aside involves Seattle depart and return.  I'd be interested in a hotel as close to port as possible... Bed with near by food and ease of getting to port is all we need... 

As long as I'm talking about Quantum..... Where is the Main Dining Room ? I know on most ships its decks 3,4,5 aft but it doesn't show  on their deck plans???

11 hours ago, deep1 said:

As long as I'm talking about Quantum..... Where is the Main Dining Room ? I know on most ships its decks 3,4,5 aft but it doesn't show  on their deck plans???

Decks 3 and 4 aft.  Main dining is split into 4 separate rooms as a concept they tried on the Quantum class (until Odyssey I believe).  Look for Chic, The Grande, SIlk, and American Icon Grill.  The menus and service is identical, only the decor is different in each room.

We are sailing the Quantum in June.  Staying at the Warwick Seattle. 

We stayed there before. Sign up for their free loyalty program and they offer pretty good discounts.

Warwick Seattle | Downtown Seattle Hotel with Breakfast (warwickhotels.com)

It's walking distance to a lot of restaurants, Pike Place Market, CVS drug store is across the street if you need some last-minute stuff.  There is a nearby liquor store that you can grab wine if you want to bring some onboard.  Probably no more than a 15-minute Uber/taxi to the port from the hotel.

6 hours ago, FSUFAN said:

We are sailing the Quantum in June.  Staying at the Warwick Seattle. 

We stayed there before. Sign up for their free loyalty program and they offer pretty good discounts.

Warwick Seattle | Downtown Seattle Hotel with Breakfast (warwickhotels.com)

It's walking distance to a lot of restaurants, Pike Place Market, CVS drug store is across the street if you need some last-minute stuff.  There is a nearby liquor store that you can grab wine if you want to bring some onboard.  Probably no more than a 15-minute Uber/taxi to the port from the hotel.

I see you mention uber/ taxi... No shuttle?

12 hours ago, deep1 said:

I see you mention uber/ taxi... No shuttle?

15 minute ride in some sort of vehicle. Uber, taxi, shuttle, limo service. 

If you mean does the hotel have a shuttle, that I would not know.  If you are talking about a shuttle service, I think they work for some. Our daughter and son-in-law will be staying at the Warwick as well.  From what I have seen, a shuttle will cost the 4 of us around $100.  Per the Uber price estimator from the hotel to the port, an Uber SUV (seats 6) will be about $50.

image.thumb.png.25fbe5874409a97eb6616a991db20f12.png

• 1 month later...

The more I look the more confused I get. Seems to be like Miami in the sense that closer to the ship gets really pricey. Out by the airport they are reasonable but no nearby attractions or even food hard to find. I'm one of those people who is overly cautious when it comes to being in place on time. Night before is cutting it close in my book.  We have a Monday departure. Most the Sunday flights are evening. Bad weather between here and there  could spell cancellation. Going Saturday is more prudent....... But........ At like $400 a night two nights hurts!

Getting home is a pain as well.  Only one day time flight available and its before noon. Pushing our luck. There are a bunch late night flights that get in around daybreak  but that would mean toting our bags for 12-15 hours. Might mean a hotel night on the way out as well. Undecided what to do.

16 hours ago, deep1 said:

Getting home is a pain as well.  Only one day time flight available and its before noon. Pushing our luck. There are a bunch late night flights that get in around daybreak  but that would mean toting our bags for 12-15 hours. Might mean a hotel night on the way out as well. Undecided what to do.

@deep1 - The Port of Seattle at Smith Cove and SeaTac airport are the same entity. They offer a great free program called port valet that basically takes your baggage from the ship and checks them into your flight for FREE. You can find more information on their site here - Explore Seattle Luggage Free with Port Valet | Port of Seattle (portseattle.org) It's limited to these 6 airlines so if you're flying out on any of them, this may be an option for you.

Alaska
American
Delta
Horizon
Southwest
United

You're probably not going to find a downtown hotel with a free shuttle to the pier.  Your best bet is Uber, taxi or shuttle for hire/limo.  Staying out by SEATAC will be cheaper, but as you mentioned not much to do and see.  

We consider staying downtown within walking distance of restaurants and local sites part of the getaway/vacation. We've been there a couple of times prior to Covid. Downtown Seattle is not the hellscape that some media outlets seem to portray it as. We don't wander too far off the regular tourist areas and usually head back to the hotel after dinner out. We've not felt unsafe (again, pre-covid trips).

As mentioned earlier, we are staying at the Warwick and I just looked up the cost and it was under $250/night if you are a member of the (free to sign up) frequent guest program.

Go to Hotels.com and do a "view in a map" search.  You can see hotels near downtown and close to the embarkation pier. Not an endorsement of Hotels.com.  I think you get the best prices by calling the hotel directly. But Hotels.com is an easy way to search the area.

The area right around Pier 91 is very much an industrial port area so there are no real places directly in the area. The closest area with a number of hotels is the space needle area and the surrounding hotels. From there to Pikes Place Market there are a number of hotels. We stayed at the Hyatt and took an Uber. As others have said there is a drop off for Uber about ..25 mile side walk to port doors. We did not find the walk bothersome. When we were there, they did run a shuttle from the Uber drop to front of port for those that couldn’t walk it. Taxis are allowed to drop off directly in front of port doors. 

19 hours ago, deep1 said:

The more I look the more confused I get. Seems to be like Miami in the sense that closer to the ship gets really pricey. Out by the airport they are reasonable but no nearby attractions or even food hard to find. I'm one of those people who is overly cautious when it comes to being in place on time. Night before is cutting it close in my book.  We have a Monday departure. Most the Sunday flights are evening. Bad weather between here and there  could spell cancellation. Going Saturday is more prudent....... But........ At like $400 a night two nights hurts!

You didn't mention it, but I assume that you are going to be taking the Link light rail (https://www.soundtransit.org/sites/default/files/documents/st-current-service-map.pdf) from the airport into downtown.  I like to stay at a hotel near one of the downtown Link stations, University Street or Westlake.  That way you don't have to lug your bags through the hilly downtown streets too far to get to your hotel.  Since I lean toward Hilton properties, I have stayed at The Charter (near Westlake station) and the Hilton Seattle (near University Street station).  Both are standard Hilton properties, but the location is very good.  The hotels mentioned by @FSUFAN and @SpeedNoodles are also in good locations for using the Link light rail.  As mentioned, Uber or Lyft from your hotel to the port.  And please keep your boarding day expectations low since the Smith Cove Cruise Terminal is not as good as any Florida cruise port.

On 4/26/2023 at 2:04 PM, instaGator said:

You didn't mention it, but I assume that you are going to be taking the Link light rail (https://www.soundtransit.org/sites/default/files/documents/st-current-service-map.pdf) from the airport into downtown.  I like to stay at a hotel near one of the downtown Link stations, University Street or Westlake.  That way you don't have to lug your bags through the hilly downtown streets too far to get to your hotel.  Since I lean toward Hilton properties, I have stayed at The Charter (near Westlake station) and the Hilton Seattle (near University Street station).  Both are standard Hilton properties, but the location is very good.  The hotels mentioned by @FSUFAN and @SpeedNoodles are also in good locations for using the Link light rail.  As mentioned, Uber or Lyft from your hotel to the port.  And please keep your boarding day expectations low since the Smith Cove Cruise Terminal is not as good as any Florida cruise port.

I didn't even know there was a light rail. This is why its good to ask dumb questions...  On boarding ... I'm doing the key