Extra waters for diamond and diamond plus

19 minutes ago, Biaggio said:

Diamond member, how many bottles of water do we get in our room? Per day? 

My understanding is that each Diamond member will get the following for the sailing:

1 bottle of “welcome water

1 bottle of “Diamond water”

So that’s two bottles of water total for the sailing.  

so, My  wife and I are each Diamond, and we would get 4 total bottles of water for the sailing.

4 hours ago, LRMOM said:

You can order 12 or 24 bottles of water delivered to your cabin, through the planner.  It comes to approximately $1 per bottle.  Much easier than bringing it on yourself.  They will be in your cabin when you arrive.

I do this too.  Far easier than grabbing a bottle from the bar each time to haul back to the room. 

@CrimsonCruiser I couldn't agree more. I can't stand Dasani water. On a previous sailing I purchased a case of "spring water" and inside my cabin a case of Dasani awaited me. My cabin steward said that was correct, I differed as I don't enjoy the taste. Dasani is filtered with additives not spring water. I sent it back for a refund. I prefer the ships water taste for sure.

Screenshot_20230308_122320_Chrome.jpg

As an aside I'm ingesting copious amounts of sodium in my meals while sailing, my water intake is to combat that to the best of my ability. I am not interested in salt added to my water. Same for soda, I don't want that extra sugar so I never drink it......I get plenty with my glass of wine at dinner lol! #Choices 🙂

21 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

I actually think its 3 bottles of water for diamond and above.

Correct.  I had 6 bottles in the stateroom last week.  I've always had water as my selection, but I think the total used to be only 4.  I never really paid attention to the actual number until last week when they made the announcement.

12 hours ago, LRMOM said:

You can order 12 or 24 bottles of water delivered to your cabin, through the planner.  It comes to approximately $1 per bottle.  Much easier than bringing it on yourself.  They will be in your cabin when you arrive.

I sometimes do this too, but you might want to double check the price on future cruises.  Well over $2 and even close to $3/bottle now.  Definitely happened in the past couple of weeks as I check prices very regularly.

5 hours ago, Neesa said:

As an aside I'm ingesting copious amounts of sodium in my meals while sailing, my water intake is to combat that to the best of my ability. I am not interested in salt added to my water. Same for soda, I don't want that extra sugar so I never drink it......I get plenty with my glass of wine at dinner lol! #Choices 🙂

Beer Reaction GIF

2 hours ago, asquared17 said:

we had true last time as well - i grabbed some PH drops off amazon to put in and it made me feel like i wasn’t drinking the trash water 😂

i also started doing a liquid iv mineral in a 16oz every morning and found that combated the heat and sun and salty food and alcohol very very well. 

More salt to combat the salty food?  🤣

While I am a Liquid IV user myself the biggest downside is the 500mg of sodium in each packet. 

Combatting the dehydrating effects of alcohol on the other hand... Liquid IV is great for that.    

Is this new? It’s difficult to follow the thread because it goes from seemingly free daily water as a new perk for diamond and D+ to the water package pre purchase option. My question is as D+ (4 of us in total) are we to expect a certain number of waters to be delivered to stateroom as a comp over and above the D+ vouchers? As far as this “D+ gift” goes, do we have options and how do I specify what I want? Thanks in advance. 

30 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

Is this new? It’s difficult to follow the thread because it goes from seemingly free daily water as a new perk for diamond and D+ to the water package pre purchase option. My question is as D+ (4 of us in total) are we to expect a certain number of waters to be delivered to stateroom as a comp over and above the D+ vouchers? As far as this “D+ gift” goes, do we have options and how do I specify what I want? Thanks in advance. 

3 water bottles per D+ person will be in the room.  Not they don't count toward your vouchers. 

D+ also has the option to select an additional gift along with the waters.  I believe you have to call C&A number to select that specific gift (I'm not D+ so I don't know any more details than that).

17 minutes ago, billdauterive said:

3 water bottles per D+ person will be in the room.  Not they don't count toward your vouchers. 

D+ also has the option to select an additional gift along with the waters.  I believe you have to call C&A number to select that specific gift (I'm not D+ so I don't know any more details than that).

Thank you. And this is new? I don’t recall seeing water bottles (unless I purchase package) in the room. 

18 hours ago, twangster said:

More salt to combat the salty food?  🤣

While I am a Liquid IV user myself the biggest downside is the 500mg of sodium in each packet. 

Combatting the dehydrating effects of alcohol on the other hand... Liquid IV is great for that.    

well, i guess some salt is good??? 🤣

idk i guess i'm more in it for the rest of the minerals in there hahaha

49 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

Thank you. And this is new? I don’t recall seeing water bottles (unless I purchase package) in the room. 

You could have received other things like soda or beer/wine in the past.  The change is there is no option for these other items anymore, only water (other than the additional D+ gift which I believe has always been there too).

2 hours ago, tonyfsu21 said:

This is part of the new C&A changes that goes into effect March 10th. No longer can get a soda or beer plus your C&A water. It is just water plus at 175 points, per household, you can now choose one amenity by calling a number at least 10 days before your sailing. That means if a family of 4 is D+ they only get one amenity if they live in the same house. 

On 3/8/2023 at 8:31 PM, asquared17 said:

we had true last time as well - i grabbed some PH drops off amazon to put in and it made me feel like i wasn’t drinking the trash water 😂

i also started doing a liquid iv mineral in a 16oz every morning and found that combated the heat and sun and salty food and alcohol very very well. 

Do you have a port and do it yourself? or do you go to the med bay for the IV?

23 minutes ago, Jolly Ogre said:

Do you have a port and do it yourself? or do you go to the med bay for the IV?

Liquid IV is a water additive that you drink that supposedly magically gets you more hydration. The hows and whos and whys of it escape me but I've heard of several people using them to boost their hydration when they may not be able to physically drink 64+ oz.

Jordan Bauth (the Royal Ice Skater) and Sherri on Cruise Tips TV both use them.

Liquid I.V. Hydration Multiplier Electrolyte Drink Mix Lemon Lime |  Walgreens

1 hour ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

Liquid IV is a water additive that you drink that supposedly magically gets you more hydration. The hows and whos and whys of it escape me but I've heard of several people using them to boost their hydration when they may not be able to physically drink 64+ oz.

Jordan Bauth (the Royal Ice Skater) and Sherri on Cruise Tips TV both use them.

Liquid I.V. Hydration Multiplier Electrolyte Drink Mix Lemon Lime |  Walgreens

Umm...yeah that could make you feel better but it will not really hydrate you more. At least that is not how we were taught in chemistry and med school. But then again what do I know??!!

If it makes you feel better then you do you. 🙂

20 hours ago, billdauterive said:

That's what we did. Call C&A and they will set you up..choices are a toiletry bag or snack plate or wine.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2023 at 7:45 PM, Reigert2008 said:

My understanding is that each Diamond member will get the following for the sailing:

1 bottle of “welcome water

1 bottle of “Diamond water”

So that’s two bottles of water total for the sailing.  

so, My  wife and I are each Diamond, and we would get 4 total bottles of water for the sailing.

Are they Bottle or cans ?

30 minutes ago, daha699 said:

Are they Bottle or cans ?

Usually for sure cans when you are sailing through Europe. Then bottles mostly for US based sailings. I know they tried cans for a while, but I haven't seen or heard of them since a sailing in Sept of 2022. 

On 3/11/2023 at 10:06 AM, mac66 said:

Umm....if you want water, just bring a water bottle and fill as needed. We were given a couple bottles of water on our last cruise, when empty we filled them back up. But we always bring our own water bottles anyway.

That’s not the point though. The D+ perk is 3 water bottles per person. There were 12 water bottles on the table in our stateroom on Wonder this past Sunday. 

I drank from garden hoses as a kid so my system can handle tap water but my wife has a different philosophy. We are regular diamond so no matter what they give us I ordered 24 additional 1 liter (33 ounce) waters to be in my room for $33. I originally paid $41 but got a refund and repurchased during a sale. I just checked and It's $40 for 12 bottles so there can be a benefit to buy during the sales and repricing if better sales some along.