Room service

SePa

Hi, can someone please explain to me the room service

Is it a charge per order or per item, and is tips included in the price or not?

What can I order on room service? Does anyone have a menu?

What about the continental breakfast..I know it's complimentary but assuming add a tip at the end aswell....

Is room service 24/7? If not what time do they operate 

Thanks!

5 hours ago, SePa said:

Hi, can someone please explain to me the room service

Is it a charge per order or per item, and is tips included in the price or not?

What can I order on room service? Does anyone have a menu?

What about the continental breakfast..I know it's complimentary but assuming add a tip at the end aswell....

Is room service 24/7? If not what time do they operate 

Thanks!

It's 24 hours..breakfast 6a-11a then lunch/dinner from 11a-6a. Continental breakfast is free, anything hot works the same as ordering dinner from them does...it's a flat fee of 7.95 then you can add a gratuity. So if you order just a burger...or a burger fries and a salad ..it's gonna cost the same.  Continental breakfast is free and no fee, we slipped them a few bucks each time . You can fill out a card the might before with the breakfast order and hang it on your door..it will show up when you want in the am. 

Screenshot_20230307_080320_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20230307_080346_Google.jpg

While room service is available 24 hours, not all the food may be available 24 hours. We called and tried to get American breakfast foods at 5 or 5:30am and were told that they could only bring us items from the Continental menu - the chefs were not on duty yet and we could not get bacon and eggs until 6:00am. That was Alaska this past summer (sailing at 60% capacity) so take that with a grain of salt. 

On 3/7/2023 at 9:19 AM, barjpoe said:

Sounds like the D+ free drinks wouldn't be available either☹️

Depending on what you're drinking, you can always load up ahead of time. We use the paper covers from the bathroom tumblers to keep glasses of wine of booze "fresh" from the night before...

On 3/7/2023 at 3:23 PM, melmar02 said:

While room service is available 24 hours, not all the food may be available 24 hours. We called and tried to get American breakfast foods at 5 or 5:30am and were told that they could only bring us items from the Continental menu - the chefs were not on duty yet and we could not get bacon and eggs until 6:00am. That was Alaska this past summer (sailing at 60% capacity) so take that with a grain of salt. 

Yeah, according to the menu posted, breakfast is 6am- 11am, so that sounds about right 

1 hour ago, ScottD said:

Yeah, according to the menu posted, breakfast is 6am- 11am, so that sounds about right 

I wonder when they close the kitchen and what they serve overnight? Like, could I get chicken tenders or a grilled cheese from the lunch/dinner room service menu at 2am, or would they say, "sorry, all we can bring you is toast"?

1 hour ago, melmar02 said:

I wonder when they close the kitchen and what they serve overnight? Like, could I get chicken tenders or a grilled cheese from the lunch/dinner room service menu at 2am, or would they say, "sorry, all we can bring you is toast"?

I have definitely ordered a full four course meal at 2am from room service 😂

On 3/7/2023 at 8:58 AM, Ampurp85 said:

It will be $7.95+ an 18% gratuity. They operate for 24 hours until disembarkation, that means after night 6 on a 7-night cruise they stop around 3/4am and don't do breakfast. You can order as much as you want and it still is roughly $9.50 or so. 

Didn't I hear/read somewhere that as a post-covid thing all room service breakfast was complimentary? Did this stop? If so...when?

25 minutes ago, barjpoe said:

It was while they still have many restrictions. It was lifted a while back, probably about the time the ships started sailing a full capacity.

That makes sense. It was intended to lessen the crowds in the buffet so it would make sense to drop it once the restrictions lifted.

We were on Allure in April last year and I was hopeful up until about a week before my cruise that we'd be able to get free full American breakfast, as had been reported up until that point. The week before, I started seeing reports that it was going away, and it was NOT included on that sailing (the fee had been reimplemented). So I think it was late March or early April 2022 when it began to be phased out...

4 hours ago, jbrinkm said:

We were on Allure in April last year and I was hopeful up until about a week before my cruise that we'd be able to get free full American breakfast, as had been reported up until that point. The week before, I started seeing reports that it was going away, and it was NOT included on that sailing (the fee had been reimplemented). So I think it was late March or early April 2022 when it began to be phased out...

Around March 2022 is when the ships ramped back up to full capacity, so it would make sense for the fee to come back into play. 

28 minutes ago, Ahaque said:

Can you order room service even if your not in your room? Like order it and then go to a show or the pool or wherever and they drop it off? 

Also how fast/slow is room service?

If you aren't in the room they won't drop it off. Time depends on how busy they are..could be 30 mins to 2 hours.

20 minutes ago, barjpoe said:

Ok, now that I've eaten. What should I do with the tray and empty dishes? Leave in room for the cabin steward to take care of? Put in out in the hall on the Floor, so other ca trip over it? Call someone to come and get it? ???

call room service and let them know your tray is ready to pick up.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey! Room service charges can vary. Typically, it's per order, and tips might not be included in the price. You can order a variety of items from the menu, including breakfast. Continental breakfast is often complimentary, but adding a tip is a nice gesture. Room service hours vary by hotel, but some offer 24/7 service.

2 hours ago, Laimatix said:

Hey! Room service charges can vary. Typically, it's per order, and tips might not be included in the price. You can order a variety of items from the menu, including breakfast. Continental breakfast is often complimentary, but adding a tip is a nice gesture. Room service hours vary by hotel, but some offer 24/7 service.

We are talking about room service on a cruise ship not a hotel. 

It looks 

2 hours ago, Laimatix said:

This looks like AI generated 🤔