xSAILEDx Anthem of the Seas - May 1, 2023 - May 11, 2023 (11 Night Transatlantic Cruise)

• 3 weeks later...

you may need to restart or edit your title, your date of sail is 2024 but arrival is 2023, if you mean May 1st 2023 to May 11th, 2023 then we are on this cruise with you. I am most looking forward to seeing how we like it as it is very different from all our past cruises. The amount of consecutive sea days, the length, the fellow passengers, the 23 hour days are all question marks. We love the idea of not having a long flight one way, if it works out we may use  transatlantic cruises both directions in lieu of flights. It will also open up some other options for us since until now, 7 days is as long as we've cruised. We just retired and have time for longer cruises and stays buy we're apprehensive about cruises in the double digits, this should answer that question for us. Once you look at the mainstream lines of CCL, RCL and NCL  the itinerary lengths can be intimidating.

My husband and I will rent a car and spend 4 extra nights In southern England.This will make it a 15 day trip. I don’t want to drag a 50 lb suitcase in England( as I did last trip!)

What should I pack for this cruise? I’m thinking mostly long sleeved shirts, a few pairs of dark thin pants,1 jeans, 1 rain resistant jacket, 1 bathing suit. Do we need a dressy outfit? Maybe 1 pr of walking/ hiking shoes, another pair of slip ons. Lots of socks and underwear.  Lots if Kindle books. Has anyone else done a repositioning cruise in the North Atlantic? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Anthem of the Seas - May 1, 2023 - May 11, 2023 (11 Night Transatlantic Cruise)