Odyssey of the Seas - January 27— February 8, 2025 (12 Night Southern Caribbean Cruise)

• 1 month later...

@RobsGr8 - Welcome, and I'm glad you're so excited about your upcoming cruise!  Many of these questions are answered in the other sections of the message board, so I encourage you to take a little time to look around.  For general questions not directly related to this exact sailing, I encourage you to post your questions in the corresponding sections of the message boards so that more people will see them.  Odyssey is a fantastic ship, and my favorite in the Quantum class of ships.  You made a great choice!

You may eat as many times at complimentary venues as you like.

Here's a great place to start for information about the drink package.  Because it varies from ship to ship and sailing to sailing, what it costs on one sailing may have no indication of what it costs on another sailing. Keep checking the Cruise Planner as you get closer to your sailing and it will show up.  Expect to pay between $75-95 per person, per day.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=royal+caribbean+blog+drink+package

13 hours ago, RobsGr8 said:

Hope no one minds. We will probably be asking a bunch of questions.

There is nothing that cruising veterans enjoy more than an enthusiastic and interested new cruiser ! [Well, maybe we also enjoy getting tips on computer glitches where cruise planner purchases have been mispriced and we can take advantage !  😇🤣]. So ask as many questions as you have !  Love of cruising is contagious and we’re all infected !

31 minutes ago, RobsGr8 said:

Does Odyssey of the seas have a duty free liquor store onboard? Are they any cheaper?

Yes they do,  and on many things the prices are pretty good. I just never buy any because the complications of getting it home in my luggage on a flight are overwhelming.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/7/2024 at 3:23 PM, RobsGr8 said:

Can anyone tell us what's included with a Dining Package?

Depends on which package you get. There are several options. There is the steakhouse + 1 plan, the 3 option plan, and the all included plan. 

• 1 month later...

Count me on this sailing. Gonna be my first time on Royal in a good six years! Haven't sailed with them since before the pandemic hit. And this sailing will mark a few moments for me:

• I turn 55 four days before sail-away
  • I finally hit Platinum status (for all that means these days 😏)
  • First sailing on Odyssey
  • First time in Antigua and Barbados (too bad no Curacao, but 2 outta 3 ain't bad)

And yeah, it's been a minute since I posted to these boards. 😉 

• 2 weeks later...

I hope it gets lower than $80/day for the deluxe package. I don’t generally drink more than about $50 a day between dinner wines, a couple cappuccinos, and maybe a cocktail with lunch when I’m on board.

I’m fine if it doesn’t, I’ll just get a Refreshment Package in that case, and pay for my booze a la carte.

11 hours ago, RobsGr8 said:

The next day they had a flash sale for BOGO 50% off which made it 75.00 PP PD. 

See, this is why their "sales" and "promotions" are so often just bunk. It really comes down to, "How well are we meeting our quotas for these packages and offerings?" It's only when the sales numbers are in the toilet that the steep price cuts actually seem to come out. What I consider a reasonable deluxe package price (which would be about $45-$55 PP PD) doesn't seem to be offered any more, even though I was able to snag that price on both of my 2018 sailings.

Not that I'll stop checking, mind you. I'm a firm believer in miracles.