Boston Port question...

Hi everyone!  Could someone help me please?  We are doing the Liberty cruise to New England and Canada for 9 nights, in September, and wanted to do the hop on hop off bus in Boston, to see the city, however, it is already listed as sold out on our cruise planner!  I have done hop on hop off in other cities before and like it, and have usually purchased it on our own anyways.  I can purchase it for Boston on Trip advisor, but my question is,  is there a bus stop for it near the port where the ship docks, or do we have to figure out a way to get to one of the bus stops as well?   Thanks for any help/ imput on this, I really appreciate it!!

At least one service offers a morning run into the Seaport district, otherwise it will be about a two mile walk up to the Boston Common, or over to the Aquarium area.   The other option would be UBER, taxi, or the Silver Line.  Note The Silver Line on the weekend is spotty at best, they really don't stick to the published schedule. 
Google the service you are thinking of and look at their map of stops.

When we sailed on Voyager out of Boston last fall, taxis were all over the place on both embarkation and disembarkation days.

I'm assuming ships dock stop at the same place they embark/disembark from when they are ported in Boston (Black Falcon Cruise Terminal)?  If so, it's about a mile and a half walk to South Station where you can access the subway, but it can be miserable if it's cold/rainy/windy.  When we finished our cruise last fall, we dragged our luggage to South Station because we were too cheap to pay a taxi and the Silver Line bus never showed up.  It was a beautiful day, so the walk was pleasant other than having our bags with us.

The cruise terminal is stop #16.  There are directions to get to it from the terminal in the link below.  Click on stop #16, then on "More Info" in the pop up window.

https://www.trolleytours.com/boston/map#

3 hours ago, teddy said:

When we sailed on Voyager out of Boston last fall, taxis were all over the place on both embarkation and disembarkation days.

I'm assuming ships dock stop at the same place they embark/disembark from when they are ported in Boston (Black Falcon Cruise Terminal)?  If so, it's about a mile and a half walk to South Station where you can access the subway, but it can be miserable if it's cold/rainy/windy.  When we finished our cruise last fall, we dragged our luggage to South Station because we were too cheap to pay a taxi and the Silver Line bus never showed up.  It was a beautiful day, so the walk was pleasant other than having our bags with us.

The cruise terminal is stop #16.  There are directions to get to it from the terminal in the link below.  Click on stop #16, then on "More Info" in the pop up window.

https://www.trolleytours.com/boston/map#

thank you so much for this link... I don't know why it didn't occur to me to go look at their website... is a great help!! 

3 hours ago, teddy said:

21 hours ago, Peter D said:

A quick search for Boston "Old Town Trolley Tours' has a stop at Black Falcon cruise ship terminal which is only a block or two from the ship.  The website states that this stop is only in use when cruise ships are in port.  

That stop is about 1 block from the port, on the same street.   as you come out of the port turn left and walk towards the hotel.   the bus stop is right out side their cart it has the orange and green stripes on the bus stop pole.

20 hours ago, teddy said:

I'm assuming ships dock stop at the same place they embark/disembark from when they are ported in Boston (Black Falcon Cruise Terminal)? 

This is true for all mid to large ships, I'ld say anything over 500 people would use it.  We have seen as many as 4 ships at the same time, they wrap around the east end of the dock if needed. 

• 2 months later...

Debating on whether to Drive up to Boston in the wee hours of the morning from Long Island, or take the Amtrak train to South Station to get to Boston cruise terminal (most likely night before and stay overnight). 

Anyone have any experience doing either?  

22 minutes ago, D Alt said:

Debating on whether to Drive up to Boston in the wee hours of the morning from Long Island, or take the Amtrak train to South Station to get to Boston cruise terminal (most likely night before and stay overnight). 

Anyone have any experience doing either?  

We’ve taken the bus from Maine to south station then taken the Silver Line from south station to the terminal.   It was easy, although there was a short walk.  The Silver Line has some stops near hotels, and taxis/Uber/Lyft are available.  

One thing we didn’t realize was that there was no place to buy a Silver Line ticket when we disembarked on Sunday, so we hoofed it a mile or so to south station.   It’s not a bad walk if you’re physically capable.  If not, there are taxis/Uber/Lyft are available.  

There are plenty of hotels in the Seaport area, although depending on what is going on in Boston at the time, the prices may be ridiculous.   I’ve stayed in the area for sub $200 and have also seen the same hotels at $400+