What to do in the Eastern Caribbean

BowTieBrigade

For our next cruise, we’ll hit Coco Cay on Day 2, St. Thomas on Day 4, and St. Maarten on Day 5. We’re taking the kids to the water park at Coco Cay but don’t have any idea what to do for the other two stops. We don’t want to miss out on some of the most beautiful beaches in the world but we also don’t want to do water slides-beach-beach and miss out on the rest of the islands’ offerings. 

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

I’ll be in St. Maarten with my 10yo on our Oasis cruise next month, and I booked a 5-hour private van tour through St. Maarten Presidential Tours—we’ll get to play it by ear and visit a series of spots on our own schedule for $240 cash (+ tip), and they claim it includes a dedicated driver/guide, a van with AC, and a cooler of water/soda/beer/rum punch. I will post a review after the trip.

13 hours ago, SheSellsSeashells said:

I’ll be in St. Maarten with my 10yo on our Oasis cruise next month, and I booked a 5-hour private van tour through St. Maarten Presidential Tours—we’ll get to play it by ear and visit a series of spots on our own schedule for $240 cash (+ tip), and they claim it includes a dedicated driver/guide, a van with AC, and a cooler of water/soda/beer/rum punch. I will post a review after the trip.

Curious what you think of your your.  Have tentatively book with St. Maarten Presidential tours in 2024.

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/7/2023 at 9:29 PM, MichelleB1234 said:

Curious what you think of your your.  Have tentatively book with St. Maarten Presidential tours in 2024.

It was great! It ended up pouring rain the whole time we were there (which is apparently exceedingly rare, so you’re probably fine on that front), but our driver, Cutty, took excellent care of us; we saw a lot of both the French and Dutch sides, and he was was able to teach us about the history of the island and its usage as a travel hub for visitors to Anguilla and St. Barths. We visited a bird zoo, got pastries on the French side, saw the “Moses walk,” stopped at the border between the two sides to see the monument, and spent about half an hour at Mullet Bay Beach. We ended up skipping Maho Beach and cutting the trip short because my kid got tired and wasn’t interested in much beach time due to the weather, but we would both do it again in a heartbeat. The only downside (other than the weather) was that the roads are very windy and steep, so if you’re prone to motion sickness it’s tough.  

On 4/8/2023 at 9:53 AM, SheSellsSeashells said:

It was great! It ended up pouring rain the whole time we were there (which is apparently exceedingly rare, so you’re probably fine on that front), but our driver, Cutty, took excellent care of us; we saw a lot of both the French and Dutch sides, and he was was able to teach us about the history of the island and its usage as a travel hub for visitors to Anguilla and St. Barths. We visited a bird zoo, got pastries on the French side, saw the “Moses walk,” stopped at the border between the two sides to see the monument, and spent about half an hour at Mullet Bay Beach. We ended up skipping Maho Beach and cutting the trip short because my kid got tired and wasn’t interested in much beach time due to the weather, but we would both do it again in a heartbeat. The only downside (other than the weather) was that the roads are very windy and steep, so if you’re prone to motion sickness it’s tough.  

Thanks