Once a Day Room Cleaning. We like it better!

We will like having the room cleaned only once a day. Especially on days at sea, we always felt that we had to leave our cabin so that the steward could clean when he needed to do so. We would often check back several time to see if the cabin was ready.

We would have much preferred to relax and enjoy our room, not worrying  about when the steward would arrive. 

Funny I have never thought about vacating my room so the steward could clean.  If someone (read my daughter 😁) is sleeping in, we put the sleeping off the fun sign on the door.  If we see the steward we’ll tell him not to bother.  If we miss a cleaning because of it, not a big deal.  I can survive one day without.  I just don’t get the outrage over this.  If you need more towels, call GS and I bet they’ll send some!  

On an aligned topic, we are on week 2 of a B3B on Oasis.  Today I asked my room attendant if we would still be able to get D+ wash&fold laundry done twice a week….that I had heard they were going to once a week w&f.  She said she had never heard anything about once a week service and that we could submit our laundry twice this week.  Yippee !!  We’ll see if it changes next week….

47 minutes ago, Traveling Mike said:

I just turned D+.  What is this wash & fold perk?

Congratulations !

You have 1 free wash&fold bag of laundry for any cruise 5 nights or longer.  Currently, it is a per eligible D+ (or Pinnacle), meaning Dan and I both get a free bag of laundry every [eligible] cruise.  My concern is that if they only allow laundry once per cruise, this pretty much means only 1 bag.  Nothing saying I can’t submit 2 bags on laundry day but who knows how it will go.

Anyway….you should be able to get a complimentary bags of laundry now !  It’s a big perk.   Just ask your room attendant for your laundry bag and ask if there is any particular day when you need to submit your bag !

I never send anything delicate as they wash in very hot water but cottons are fine.  I’ve never had anything ruined. You’ll be surprised how much you can stuff into one of those bags !

@WAAAYTOOO   I think the new changes don’t take effect until after March 10.

I wondered about that, too. I do the wash and fold service midway through the cruise…not on day one like it says.
But then again, they have been known to make mistakes on the grid. For instance, it still says the milestone free cruises are applicable only on the cruise in which you earn the milestone…but, we know that’s wrong.

We typically have a day during every cruise that we tell our attendant not to clean/service the room.   Some have seemed hesitant to do that but others have been very appreciative of having one less room to clean.  

For the D+ laundry @WAAAYTOOO or others that use the service, do they a good  job of getting everything back to you?   I have socks go missing at home, can't imagine how they keep everything straight.

24 minutes ago, Va4fam said:

For the D+ laundry @WAAAYTOOO or others that use the service, do they a good  job of getting everything back to you?   I have socks go missing at home, can't imagine how they keep everything straight.

They do a surprisingly great job of keeping track of your things.  In all the years of using the laundry service we have had exactly 1 issue….and it was when we were Star Class !  Dan mysteriously gained a pair of gym shorts while I lost a pair of yoga pants.  Even trade !  Dan absolutely loves those gym shorts - they are his favorite Jammie’s now.  I just hope whoever got the yoga pants enjoys them as much !  Lol  we never even checked our clothes when they came back from the laundry so we didn’t notice the switch until after we were home.

We’ve never had any other issues with the laundry.  I think the w&f laundry perk is the most underrated D+ perk.

16 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

We've used it for socks/underwear, but I've heard too many horror stories about getting anything washed beyond that.

Personal experience is that this fear is mythical.  I’m sure someone somewhere had a bad experience but we use this perk a LOT and have almost universal positive results.  Do I send out my formalwear to be laundered ?  No….but almost everything else is handled without issue….maybe I’m just lucky.

As long as my cabin steward willing to honor my request that I be the first cabin that he/she services in the morning.  I be happy to put the "Sleeping of the Adventure" sign out for the rest of that day. 

In fact they only have to be willing to check my cabin door when they come on shift in the morning.  If it has the "out catching thrills" magnet on it I'm up for service, if not I will not be needing any service at all that day at any time.  Usually on a 7 night cruise I try to give them at least 3 days off.

16 hours ago, Pooch said:

And if they have multiple cabins requesting to be the first cabin done?

Exactly my thought.  Aren't 3/4 of the cabins going to request mornings?  Then what?  Will they be begging people to switch to evenings?  And if that's the normal amount, what happens when it's 18 of 19 on one random sailing?  The cabin steward is going to be beside themselves trying to figure this all out.

On 3/6/2023 at 10:47 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

They do a surprisingly great job of keeping track of your things.  In all the years of using the laundry service we have had exactly 1 issue….and it was when we were Star Class !  Dan mysteriously gained a pair of gym shorts while I lost a pair of yoga pants.  Even trade !  Dan absolutely loves those gym shorts - they are his favorite Jammie’s now.  I just hope whoever got the yoga pants enjoys them as much !  Lol  we never even checked our clothes when they came back from the laundry so we didn’t notice the switch until after we were home.

We’ve never had any other issues with the laundry.  I think the w&f laundry perk is the most underrated D+ perk.

We were short a couple pairs of socks ; happy ending, they were found and delivered.

On 3/6/2023 at 12:31 PM, BigKarl said:

You wash underwear?  Since they are "Under" my clothes I never wash them.   

That reminds me of the credits from Big Hero 6:

[In a post-credits scene, Fred stands in front of the family portrait] 

Fred's Dad : Son.

Fred : Dad.

Fred's Dad : [He picks up the underwear and holds them proudly]  I wear 'em front. I wear 'em back.

Fred , Fred's Dad : [Fred joins in]  I go inside out. Then I go front and back.

Fred : Dad!

On 3/6/2023 at 9:31 AM, Va4fam said:

We typically have a day during every cruise that we tell our attendant not to clean/service the room.   Some have seemed hesitant to do that but others have been very appreciative of having one less room to clean.  

We used our two diamond $10 off a bag of laundry offers for our Alaska cruise tour last summer. We sent out just about everything we had packed as we had planned to wash on land before we boarded the ship, but all of those opportunities didn't work out. Jeans, tee shirts, underwear, socks, hiking pants, a couple of nicer tops too - no issues. Everything came back next day and nothing had shrunk. I don't think I would send out my bathing suit, but we will definitely use the laundry service again. Especially since it's free on our next cruise! ⭐

On 3/7/2023 at 11:58 AM, FireFishII said:

That reminds me of the credits from Big Hero 6:

[In a post-credits scene, Fred stands in front of the family portrait] 

Fred's Dad : Son.

Fred : Dad.

Fred's Dad : [He picks up the underwear and holds them proudly]  I wear 'em front. I wear 'em back.

Fred , Fred's Dad : [Fred joins in]  I go inside out. Then I go front and back.

Fred : Dad!

Sergeant Says to his men in the field,  "I have good news and bad news."

First the good news:  "Today after months in the field we get to change our Underwear!"

The Bad news: "Fred, You change with robert." "Karl, You change with Dan....." 

On 3/5/2023 at 6:19 PM, Phillip Diamond Plus said:

We will like having the room cleaned only once a day. Especially on days at sea, we always felt that we had to leave our cabin so that the steward could clean when he needed to do so. We would often check back several time to see if the cabin was ready.

We would have much preferred to relax and enjoy our room, not worrying  about when the steward would arrive. 

I'm curious if the cleaned your cabin in the morning, afternoon, or evening? Or did it vary? Thanks 🙂

I just got off the Ovation; having them clean the room once a day, wasn't that big of a deal for me at least, because, in the morning when we wake up, we'd go upstairs to Windjammer, have breakfast, then go back down, rest and maybe have a nap then be on our way again, then if we wanted to nap again after doing whatever it was we did, we'd just be able to go back to the room and the bed sheets etc would be left the same way and we wouldn't need to make it a mess again and then have them have to clean it again at night. Having them clean it once at night during dinner time was more than enough for me, I can see why it would be an inconvenience for other people though, I think we should be able to request to have our rooms cleaned twice etc but keep the default at once per day.

33 minutes ago, Pooch said:

Wait, you got up, had breakfast then went back for a nap!?!?!

Yes, it was also because the activities I wanted to do, didn't start until around 10am, we were usually done with breakfast by about 8am, so I didn't really want to spend 2 hours waiting in the Schooner Bar or the Music Hall doing nothing.... one would say I could do other things, but there wasn't really much I wanted to do, I would just watch YouTube videos on my phone or chill until about 9:30am when I went out again.