Bringing wine on board

Pratty

Has anyone heard that RC is now limiting the number of bottles of wine that you can bring on board, lowering the number from two bottles to one bottle? And when RC does make a policy change, how do they get that updated information out to its members? 

25 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

The only people affected are those sailing solo. If you have 2 adults in the cabin, the number of bottles doesn't change. Only the accounting method for those bottles. The accounting went from 2 per cabin to 1 per adult in that cabin.

Is that a new policy? Because I’m solo in a week and I’m taking 2 bottles.

33 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

And I would continue to take two bottles as a solo cruiser until you get called out on it.

It looks like they have changed their policy in Australia to only one bottle of wine.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/aus/en/faq/questions/food-drink-onboard-policy

Edit

Each guest of drinking age may bring one bottle .

Last two cruises the wife and I took 2 bottles with accessories in our carry on picknik wine tote. We never opened a bottle either time and have decided it is one less thing we  need to carry.

I realize everyone drinking habits differ. Right now, we get 4 drinks each every day. We generally find that to be plenty. Several times at the end of the day before retiring, we have 2-4 diamond drinks we never used so we 'cash in' with bottled waters to keep in the fridge. Those we seem to always need/drink.

29 minutes ago, waterboy said:

We just returned from  a Caribbean cruise on Wonder of the Seas, Feb 5th-12th. We were allowed to carry 2 bottles of wine. Just looked to see

they were factory sealed.

Its not that people can't carry sealed wine, its changed from 2per stateroom to 1 per person. This is good if you have 3+ people in a room but sucks for those of us who sail solo. Because I can only bring 1 bottle now.

Works for us, as we're usually 3 adults. On our last cruise we were joining my son on the second half of his B2B. He doesn't drink wine, but I had him bring his two on and then I brought two. So were we"cheating"? Don't think so, it was just the right amount, used two bottles in MDR and the other two for the cabin.

1 hour ago, KevinJ said:

Works for us, as we're usually 3 adults. On our last cruise we were joining my son on the second half of his B2B. He doesn't drink wine, but I had him bring his two on and then I brought two. So were we"cheating"? Don't think so, it was just the right amount, used two bottles in MDR and the other two for the cabin.

Not really cheating. The rule didn't specify who consumes the wine, just who brings it on and how many.

34 minutes ago, Chili said:

My edocs  or condition of carriage for a cruise on the weekend still says 2 bottles.

I’m in a solo cabin and I will be carrying on 2 bottles of wine with a copy of my edocs.

I am sure there will a few weeks (or hopefully months) before they really start enforcing that rule.  I would think it would be mean of RCL to start enforcing the rule a week or two or three after it changed.  Once they do start enforcing the rule, I am sure they will be holding a lot of bottles of wine until the night before disembarkation. Then you could always consume that bottle on your last night.  LOL!

23 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Not really cheating. The rule didn't specify who consumes the wine, just who brings it on and how many.

Well in that case, it would have been "cheating"...even with the old rule it was just 2 per stateroom... if they each brought 2 on, then they basically snuck 2 on. I mean, this is EXACTLY what we did last month, but if you're looking at the rules... I think it's cheating, lol. 

On 3/6/2023 at 7:53 AM, KevinJ said:

Sorry... I just realized you said he was on board already then you joined him after his first leg. so yeah I think THAT is ok under the old rule. I think people bringing two each on the same cruise, in the same room is what the issue was