Cruising South America

Royal doesn't sail there but a Curious thing happened the day before yesterday.

I looked at the website and searched for cruises. I selected Departure ports and Valparaiso was listed. Wow! That's in Chile! I selected it to see what was happening and no sailings appeared. 

Could it be that Royal is preparing to sail from South America? Stay tuned.

2 hours ago, chrismelissa said:

Why doesnt Royal Caribbean cruise to South America , like Brazil, Chile, etc.

16 minutes ago, steverk said:

Royal doesn't sail there but a Curious thing happened the day before yesterday.

I looked at the website and searched for cruises. I selected Departure ports and Valparaiso was listed. Wow! That's in Chile! I selected it to see what was happening and no sailings appeared. 

Could it be that Royal is preparing to sail from South America? Stay tuned.

They did in the past. I don't know why they stopped but I would guess it was down to how much money they were or weren't making sailing those routes.

Valparaiso is a departure port for one of the segments of Serenade's World cruise. That's why you can see it but nothing comes up when you select it. There's a separate website for that cruise but I don't know if you can book it online.

3 hours ago, chrismelissa said:

Why doesnt Royal Caribbean cruise to South America , like Brazil, Chile, etc.

I asked this question some time ago on this site and I even sent Royal an email. 

The response on this site from most people was they use to then they stop mostly because they were making money off South America cruises.

The response I got from Royal via email was thank you so much Mr. Smith for your email if you wish to experience a South American cruise please visit CelebrityCruises.com, and although you will not received credit on your Crown and Anchor account for any cruise on Celebrity, Celebrity will honor the status you've earned with us here at Royal.  That was the response I received from Royal, so I have no idea if Royal ever intends to go back into South America or if their strategy going forward is to continue to push passengers who wish to cruise out of South America over to Celebrity Cruises.