No longer complimentary beer and wine in the suites lounge 11-11 ?

I just got my Concierge letter for the week of 3-12 (Oasis) and it says beer, wine spirits and sodas available from 5-8 but only iced tea and coffee available during the day.  If I can find a way to copy that part of the letter I will include it below.  Big change that will see lots of howling and scratching, if true.

In other news, this email arrived much sooner than I expected it since it is 9 days until that cruise sets sail.  The Concierge emails have been arriving 5 days prior to sailing in the recent past.  My guess is that they are trying to break this [bad news] ice early.

Another thing I noticed….the only food mentioned are the happy hour noshes.  Nothing about continental breakfast or any other food.  This might be an oversight ?  If they’re going to stop having continental breakfast I would have to assume that the D Lounge would also.  I guess we’ll all find out soon…

13 minutes ago, SweetPea said:

Forgive my total ignorance. Is the concierge lounge the same as the suite lounge?

For all practical purposes, yes.  Most of the ships have gotten rid of the word “Concierge” and replaced it with “Suites “.  There are very few ships left that have a Concierge Lounge, but if they do, it is only available for use by Suites guests and Pinnacles.

14 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

For all practical purposes, yes.  Most of the ships have gotten rid of the word “Concierge” and replaced it with “Suites “.  There are very few ships left that have a Concierge Lounge, but if they do, it is only available for use by Suites guests and Pinnacles.

Thank you. I reread your subject and answered my own question (story of my life) 🙃

We got the same standard cut & paste language on Oasis and Wonder sailings, but the experience was still 11-11 service as we were used to.

We even got a boarding day email from the Oasis concierge with the subject "Welcome on board ! Complementary drinks @ your Suite Lounge Dack 17 Aft including Services from your Suite Concierges only just for you !" The email went on to say: We have your bar open from 11:00am - 11:00pm serving the house drinks for our top Suite guests consumption at the lounge or you can take it back to your suites.

There was a continental breakfast spread available on both.

1 hour ago, SteveK said:

Can't you just take a photo with your phone and upload it here?

Here's the copy @WAAAYTOOO sent me:

Dear Suite Guest(s),

Our names are Chantelle & Shaun and we are your Sky Suite Concierges. We can’t wait to welcome you onboard Oasis of the Seas on March 12th. We hope you’re ready for a wonderful cruise vacation with us.

If you’ve not already done so, please check in online and select your preferred arrival time using the Royal Caribbean App. Suite guests can enjoy Flexible Arrival which allows you the freedom to check-in up to one hour before or after your scheduled check in time while the terminal is open.

We also recommend that you plan ahead and make reservations for your dining, onboard activities, shore excursions and Vitality Spa services. You may do so using your Cruise Planner or Royal App. Show reservations will be available to book once you’re onboard. If you require any assistance, We're happy to help you.

Our desk is in the Suite Lounge located on Deck 17, aft.  Our hours are from 8:00 am to noon and 4:30 pm until 8:00 pm. I am also reachable via email, or by dialing our phone 29192 from your Suite or any house phone.

While onboard, you’ll have access to the following exclusive amenities and services:

• The Suite Lounge is exclusively for our Suite guests and accessible with your SeaPass card.
  • The dress code in the Suite Lounge is smart casual, so please make sure you Pack accordingly.
  • Coffee and tea are available in the Lounge throughout the day. Hors d'oeuvres, petit fours and complimentary wine, spirits, beer, and soft drinks are available for our Suite guests every evening from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
  • Guests under 21 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
  • As a Sky Suite guest, you’ll have exclusive access to the suites-only restaurant, Coastal Kitchen. Please refer to the Cruise Compass for the hours of operation or reach out to me for assistance. Reservations are required for dinner.
  • Your suite is stocked with Malin & Goetz bath amenities, a Lavazza espresso coffee machine, bathrobes for your use onboard, and is furnished with a luxurious pillow top mattress.
  • Sky guests have will receive complementary VOOM Surf and Stream services for one device per person for the entire sailing. The instructions on how to connect will be in your suite upon arrival.
  • Enjoy the exclusive Suite Sun Deck on Deck 17 forward. Lounge chairs are available to suite guests on a first come, first serve basis.
  • Sky guests are entitled to a reserved seating section in the Main Theater. Reservations are available once you arrive onboard, which we will be happy to assist you with.
  • We are happy to offer our Suite guests Priority Departure. We explain the details to you when you arrive onboard.

Please feel free to email us with any questions that you may have. We look forward to meeting you in person!

IMPORTANT NOTE:  We highgly encourage you to book your dining preference / requests (Specialty Restaurants, Coastal Kitchen, Dining Room) in advance to avoid any concern. Our Restaurants are expected to be busy during your sailing as we have limited seats  Reservations are based on first reply first reservations.  Please let us know if we can assist with your preferred reservation pre-cruise. Kindly send us the preferred DAYS / Restaurant / Time so we can forward all requests before you all arrive.

Thank you for your time reading our email and looking forward hearing from you !

On our Wonder sailing in December 10, 2022, we received the exact same concierge email for the suite lounge that had the stipulations of complementary beverages (beer, wine ,spirits) during the hours of 5 to 8 PM. However, once the board the bartender in the suite lounge, said that beer and wine were complementary from 11 to 11. 

54 minutes ago, GatorCruiser said:

Question for those who’ve sailed harmony , does the suite lounge have a dedicated bar like wonder ? Going to be on her in 2 weeks and was curious what to expect. 

Yes they have a dedicated bar, I recall sitting across from it when we dined in CK.

2 hours ago, GatorCruiser said:

Question for those who’ve sailed harmony , does the suite lounge have a dedicated bar like wonder ? Going to be on her in 2 weeks and was curious what to expect. 

It most definitely does. It is located along the wall (where the entrance doors are). On Oasis and Allure, it's long the window. I like the setup on HM and SY way more.

Ok…so let me be the one to extinguish this false alarm fire since I’m the one that started it.

I heard back from the OA Concierge and she acknowledged that there IS still an open bar from 11-11 and that you can still get beer, wine, soda and water there during those hours.  Also, still a Continental breakfast….so I will turn off the alarm that I pulled…

In my defense, however, I will re-direct your attention back  to the extremely poorly worded letter that I got yesterday which said NONE of this.  One day I will learn to verify these kinds of rumors before acting.  Nah…I never will !

Sorry everybody !

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Ok…so let me be the one to extinguish this false alarm fire since I’m the one that started it.

Seems to happen a lot when people get the concierge email. It's pretty much verbatim the same on each one I've gotten. That's why I laughed when the concierge on Oasis felt the need to send a boarding day email out to everyone about the "complementary" drinks.  They were writing down room numbers too when you ordered.

15 minutes ago, amanalo217 said:

Does 11-11 open bar and 5-8 happy hour apply to suite lounge on Quantum class ships?

When on Harmony we got the free drinks at CK for dinner since lounge and CK next to each other. Is it same with lounge and CK not together?

Exclusive to Oasis class.  

On 3/3/2023 at 8:11 PM, WAAAYTOOO said:

I just got my Concierge letter for the week of 3-12 (Oasis) and it says beer, wine spirits and sodas available from 5-8 but only iced tea and coffee available during the day.  If I can find a way to copy that part of the letter I will include it below.  Big change that will see lots of howling and scratching, if true.

In other news, this email arrived much sooner than I expected it since it is 9 days until that cruise sets sail.  The Concierge emails have been arriving 5 days prior to sailing in the recent past.  My guess is that they are trying to break this [bad news] ice early.

I’m sailing in a suite on your sailing (oasis 3-12) and found my email in my spam

On 3/6/2023 at 7:11 PM, twangster said:

Exclusive to Oasis class.  

Interesting, so how does it work on Anthem, for example?  We were not planning on doing drink package, since we are in a suite and have our diamond drinks.  But would reconsider this if the suite lounge does not provide drinks.

52 minutes ago, fa-li said:

Interesting, so how does it work on Anthem, for example?  We were not planning on doing drink package, since we are in a suite and have our diamond drinks.  But would reconsider this if the suite lounge does not provide drinks.

The suite lounge provides drinks, but just the happy hour like all other ships. There's no 11-11 window for basic bar service

Update on this story.  Yesterday, the Suite Concierge sent out an email clearly stating that there was limited bar service 11-11.  No idea why this came but suspect that confusing pre-boarding letter had lead to uncertainty.

As surprising as it may seem, this is our first cruise ever in Sky Class on an O class ship (we were in a GS on Anthem for our last cruise before the halt to cruising) !  On other O class sailings we were either Star Class or GenPop.  So this is really our first experience with the Suites Concierges….and I will say that they have been awesome, so far.  I will also admit that after 2 weeks in GenPop and fighting the hordes in the Solarium Bistro and WJ for breakfast, having the CK (which I have frequently maligned) as a place of sanity and civility, has been a welcome blessing.  Even Dan - my #wedontneddnostinkinsuite  crusader - has recognized the value of some of the Suite benefits.

#suitesnobsunite !

On 3/4/2023 at 2:35 PM, WAAAYTOOO said:

I heard back from the OA Concierge and she acknowledged that there IS still an open bar from 11-11 and that you can still get beer, wine, soda and water there during those hours.  Also, still a Continental breakfast….so I will turn off the alarm that I pulled…

In my defense, however, I will re-direct your attention back  to the extremely poorly worded letter that I got yesterday which said NONE of this.  One day I will learn to verify these kinds of rumors before acting.  Nah…I never will !

Sorry everybody !

image.gif.bc3eb1f2c05ea4347e1ad1a75d074d87.gif

That's great news....PHEW!! We're on a B2B on Wonder this year and planned on just going with a combo of our Diamond vouchers, Suite Happy Hour and 11-11 service for wine, beer, soda and water instead of getting the DBP or even the Refreshment package. Thanks for the update!!

4 hours ago, Oursbrun said:

Does anyone have a sample letter from a concierge for the older classic suite/concierge lounge. Sailing April 8 in an owners suite on Seranade of the Seas. Do they have free beer/wine 11-11. Help appreciated. 

They do not. They will have a daily 5-8pm Happy Hour where drinks are complimentary for suite guests.