Finding Harmony on Harmony??? HM 3/11/2023 – 3/18/2023

Lovetocruise2002

Dinner tonight was at Jamie’s. We have dined here quite a few times but for the other 6, it was another first. Because of this, our waiter decided to bring out just about everything in larger portions and we shared most of it “family style”. Needless to say, we were completely stuffed. 

4 of my family had Lamb Chops. They all thought it was better at Chops. 

And yes, @asquared17 that is Truffle pasta. It’s “Truffle Tagliatelle”. IMO, it’s better than CK Truffle pasta. 

F39C4F03-B116-4FFB-868B-DB9FEA2A28D1.thumb.jpeg.5f070a23fcf33a4002f78870bc5052c5.jpeg

17836F08-7DDB-40E8-BE28-025E5DB7BA6A.thumb.jpeg.1996e7e0964e2bbc1d047dd6d8154fd6.jpeg

F3E11C6F-3892-4A1D-97D2-5C3A148AD6BA.thumb.jpeg.54ad9857f017f7a328f2cfbf092c877a.jpeg

After dinner we headed back to the room to change for ice skating. Marla arranged this for us. She picked the time, met us there, got us all settled with our stickers and waivers, and stuck around to make sure everything was going smoothly. The only disadvantage is that it was only 20 minutes per session. 

You must wear long pants, socks, and a helmet (provided) if you want to ice skate. 

5D57CDB6-F2BB-49B0-B1B5-394CDA84B16C.jpeg

After skating, kids headed off for another Nintendo Night. Hubby, Sis, BIL are watching Black Adam (one of the in room movie options. 

My parents went to the Headliner show (a vocalist this sailing). 

And me, I am totally nodding off while blogging this and waiting for pics to upload. Headed to bed. Not sure if it’s cause I have been up way earlier than usual when cruising, or because I left Jamie’s with 4 drinks in (those Bellinis are so good!) but I am super tired. Good night all!  😴

23 minutes ago, SweetPea said:

to think i was considering skipping Italian next cruise ... because I'm from NJ after all. But then I see your pics and change my mind. 🤔🤪

jamie’s really coming for us this time. our NJ status can no longer spare us 😆 i have waffled over it all this time and the ringing truffle pasta endorsement has done me in.

goODBYE FOREVER. 

3 hours ago, asquared17 said:

jamie’s really coming for us this time. our NJ status can no longer spare us 😆 i have waffled over it all this time and the ringing truffle pasta endorsement has done me in.

goODBYE FOREVER. 

You get it. You totally get it!!

But seriously, you know you're from NJ when, not only do you have a honed fascination with all things truffle, but... you order your favorite pizza from one place, your favorite pasta from another, and your favorite appies or salad from a third to share family style all in one night (not because any one place is bad but because you can and that's your preference). However, everyone still wants YOU to make the Stromboli because you've mastered the art of getting the meats and cheeses all the way to each end without any wasted dough-only sections, even though you're Irish ...

1 hour ago, SweetPea said:

But seriously, you know you're from NJ when, not only do you have a honed fascination with all things truffle, but... you order your favorite pizza from one place, your favorite pasta from another, and your favorite appies or salad from a third to share family style all in one night (not because any one place is bad but because you can and that's your preference). However, everyone still wants YOU to make the Stromboli because you've mastered the art of getting the meats and cheeses all the way to each end without any wasted dough-only sections, even though you're Irish ...

Do you know if they serve Hawaiian pizza on Royal ships? I've never been able to get pineapple on pizza!!!

All that food looks so good!! I need to try out a specialty restaurant next time I cruise

7 hours ago, SweetPea said:

Sleep well! And to think i was considering skipping Italian next cruise ... because I'm from NJ after all. But then I see your pics and change my mind. 🤔🤪

I truly think that if you have the dining package, and you have never tried it, then you should at least once. What ship are you sailing next again? I forgot. 

7 hours ago, asquared17 said:

goODBYE FOREVER. 

I thought of you right away when I ordered it. 🙂

3 hours ago, Jamesszy94 said:

Do you know if they serve Hawaiian pizza on Royal ships? I've never been able to get pineapple on pizza!!!

I usually don’t eat pizza when cruising but I will try to find out for you. I will start with my kids (they are major Sorrentos fans) and ask around.

20 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Then, if you guessed “That Yoda Guy”, winner, winner.

That's awesome.  My first trip to St Maarten I didn't know he was there and was super excited to see that shop that looked like it was from Tatooine.  Greedo is one of my favorite characters, so the museum was a treat.

My wife and I are booked on our first star class cruise (deck 17) and I really appreciate your blogs.   Thanks for posting!!!

8 hours ago, Jamesszy94 said:

Our genie on HM had Hawaiian pizza delivered but we later found out it was because he made a special request for it. Otherwise it is not available. The backstory was our non star class friends kept saying they couldn’t get Hawaiian pizza onboard and we kept saying we could. We later found out our genie used his genie powers to make this happen.  🥰

30 minutes ago, Jax said:

Our genie on HM had Hawaiian pizza delivered but we later found out it was because he made a special request for it. Otherwise it is not available. The backstory was our non star class friends kept saying they couldn’t get Hawaiian pizza onboard and we kept saying we could. We later found out our genie used his genie powers to make this happen.  🥰

that is an EXCELLENT use of genie power 🤩

9 hours ago, SweetPea said:

But seriously, you know you're from NJ when, not only do you have a honed fascination with all things truffle, but... you order your favorite pizza from one place, your favorite pasta from another, and your favorite appies or salad from a third to share family style all in one night (not because any one place is bad but because you can and that's your preference).

our struggle is real!!!! also "that's your preference" made me think of tabitha brown and "because that's my business." 😂

5 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I thought of you right away when I ordered it. 🙂

i am honored 🥰 and also so happy, because you have settled the 'should we/shouldn't we' debate i have had forever about going to jamies. we are without CK on harmony, so this will alleviate some of my dinner fears 😂 i would say everyone should love and have truffle pasta but then we may run the risk of it selling out, so it's a real dilemma...

4 hours ago, Sokko said:

My wife and I are booked on our first star class cruise (deck 17) and I really appreciate your blogs.   Thanks for posting!!!

You’re going to love it! Nothing beats that first star sailing!! Let me know if there is anything else you want me to find out for you. 

2 hours ago, asquared17 said:

would say everyone should love and have truffle pasta but then we may run the risk of it selling out, so it's a real dilemma...

We better start saying it’s bad then. 
Star class is terrible, truffle pasta is also terrible lol

We just took a leisurely stroll around the port area today. My sister grabbed some souvenirs and again, if you know me well, you can probably guess where I went. 

Marla told us last night that there were going to be some crew drills today. I assumed it was just going to be the regular drills on port days but it was actually a crew life boat drill. I have never actually witnessed this before but it was quite a sight to see. Hundreds of crew members were mandated to come out to the port area, with their life jackets and get into a lifeboat. Part of their safety training. It looked very hot and uncomfortable for them. Apparently not all are mandated, there is a list, but they have to do this once quarterly. 
75A76806-C486-4C6D-88A1-69DD7F4F1AE2.thumb.jpeg.5eccdcc9159940ca2641699b747867cf.jpeg

My love 😍 

4B01F678-8CC2-4EA4-8ECF-0F1F5255256E.thumb.jpeg.84313eb0d7f054bc1d231091e0b4c03c.jpeg

If you have followed my blogs, you know that I adore Effy jewelry. There is actually a manager (his name is Ash) that we met years ago in Cozumel, and he sold us one of my first Effy pieces. Anyway, long story short, Ash takes great care of us, and we have run into him at different Effy locations, on different sailings ever since that first time years ago. Each time Hubby and I wander into an Effy store, we wonder if, and hope, that we will see Ash. When we do see Ash, we take that as a sign 😉 

Pardon the crazy hair here but I really wanted to post this. Ash is really amazing! 
95F65AD3-790D-4167-8BEA-AF31B35F613D.thumb.jpeg.0180c07b6a75db64addb7633ffe471b7.jpeg

pfft and deck 17… forget it. you don’t want to be up there AT ALL. 😆

(jk it’s def my favorite)

…and miss out on all those room service trays littering the hallways on decks other than 17.  If you have followed my blogs you know how I feel about that. Lol 

17 hours ago, asquared17 said:

THATS IT. 

WE ARE GOING TO JAMIES. 

My first impression of Jamies while on Anthem was not good. I may have to give it another try when I'm on Harmony next February. @Lovetocruise2002pictures and descriptions are giving me second thoughts. I will still refuse to to eat the  calamari with whatever sauce that Jamies serves with it though.....

14 hours ago, SweetPea said:

We do the same thing. Must be a NJ/NY thing......Friday is pizza night in our house. We order the wings from one place, salad from another, and Pizza from a third. Thankfully we are in a small village and they are all on the way home from Johnny's TKD studio where he has a class Friday evenings. I now make the wings myself though too🤣

16 hours ago, Jamesszy94 said:

All that food looks so good!! I need to try out a specialty restaurant next time I cruise

They do one called Caribbean Dream. It's ham and pineapple but they use BBQ sauce instead of marinara.  That's the closest I have seen to Hawaiian but it means they have the ingredients available.

5 hours ago, asquared17 said:

pfft and deck 17… forget it. you don’t want to be up there AT ALL. 😆

(jk it’s def my favorite)

Both our first and second star class cruises are coming up on quantum class ships....I guess we'll have to book a third on an oasis class to try it....🤷🏻‍♂️

2 hours ago, Mike6453 said:

Both our first and second star class cruises are coming up on quantum class ships....I guess we'll have to book a third on an oasis class to try it....🤷🏻‍♂️

i will confess i have not done star class - we like sky class in a crown loft best but star class is always the ultimate dream 🤩

2 hours ago, Mike6453 said:

quantum ships are stunning though!!

you are going to have such a wonderful time 💚 i hear their coastal kitchen is also beautiful as well, and rumored not to typically be as packed as the oasis class CK. can’t wait to hear about it!

On 3/11/2023 at 3:34 PM, Jax said:
On 3/11/2023 at 3:21 PM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Presenting the new C&A toiletry bag:

The @Lovetocruise2002 rating 👎. Looks a bit cheap. 

I received this toiletry bag along with several other matching pieces (tote, back pack and some zippered pouches) over our Xmas sailing. Our toiletry bag had an assortment of shower/bath products in it. It arrived Xmas eve but I never knew who it came from. I chalked it up to a secret Santa gift. 

@Jax we got the same:  2 big blue Royal Boxes in the Villa and two boxes with complete full sets in the loft (Christmas eve on the Symphony). It was A LOT for 6 people.  We regifted some to delighted guests on board. The back pack and totes were nice but our guys or hubs weren’t going to use royal blue tote bags or back packs. It was thoughtful.  DD and I now have enough Royal Caribbean promo merchandise to wow our local athletic club. Toiletry, totes and back packs for days… anchors away🤣😂😂 @Lovetocruise2002 our toiletry bags are not quite like yours…otherwise your vacay looks fab❤️

4 hours ago, Mike6453 said:

I will be perfectly honest. I have blogged about it before. I am not a fan of QN class but I have sailed AN 3 times. The last time was this past July in the GLS. I completely loved that room. Nothing beats that view. It’s even better than the ATS on Oasis class. Totally unobstructed. 

1 hour ago, SMOKEY0202 said:

A gal can never go wrong in an Effy store..... It's a challenge to just window shop there.  Gotta purchase a piece or two...

Hubby with his wild tropical shirts and you with sparkling Effy....

Did hubby buy you another special piece to add to the collection?

Funny story. I don’t think @bellemiche will mind if I share this. She texted me this afternoon and this is how it went:

A098024C-4AB8-466D-8F2A-3F2CA5338D29.thumb.jpeg.e72522a719d43f6c8c8b13596510c6d4.jpeg

18 minutes ago, MamaShark said:

Port days while docked the pigeons were very comfortable on the balcony. 😬

Yikes! I never even thought of that! 

Dinner tonight was at Wonderland. 
Because we had large party, our waitress ask if we were ok with her bringing one of everything, family style. That allowed us to try a little bit of everything. I personally am not a fan of Wonderland. I was telling my sister that it’s not that the food tastes bad, it’s that I would rather spend my calories elsewhere.

Hubby and I have eaten here before in 2017. However, because the rest of my family has not, this place is a must try at least once. You have to go in with open mind when dining here. 

Instead of describing everything, I will just post the pics and then feel free to ask if you have any questions about anything. 
7F095E94-6B57-4055-9B4E-3AAB5ADF106A.thumb.jpeg.591742d30582f4b4d072cdf7aa258ecf.jpeg

14D16D84-1C93-49B3-A708-B52D57E99C11.thumb.jpeg.0b9063bc79e544d63109e3d9de008456.jpeg

FCB6040E-8F74-4A8B-BE61-BC4557DBDF9E.thumb.jpeg.2087d7efa6e740545c998946ac08b8e1.jpeg

44D9E471-FD5D-417B-BE71-CB421AD53769.thumb.jpeg.dcf1c6c4154d314e05f1f6213504c25f.jpeg

47A8689F-1933-468C-9938-EEFBC7977B0E.thumb.jpeg.e0b188517d879f4a48710f3bd2c7d77e.jpeg

96345B73-32A6-4F41-9C04-B098AA61C36E.thumb.jpeg.80bf4601c72dd2728c6761ae0e6dee23.jpeg

After dinner, we caught two shows. At first Marla had us scheduled for one of the two shows tomorrow (on a sea day) but we also have the bridge and galley tour booked for tomorrow so it felt too busy for a sea day. She was able to save seats for us for 1887 and also Hideaway Heist. 

For those who have not seen these shows, they are great. I actually like 1887 the best out of all the ice shows. And while Hideaway Heist does not have much diving, it is a great laugh. We have now seen this second Aqua Theatre show in daylight and at night. I think I prefer it this particular show in the day time. 

E86F6563-08A5-46FF-AE2B-944E1C88425F.thumb.jpeg.c65554b116fb6b59ccbc12368352703a.jpeg

Hideaway Heist

7363C017-5F7D-4508-A0F1-B17B296E87C4.thumb.jpeg.6099cc9ec2e19a0f3e7c609c4ef23bf1.jpeg

Video clips on IG.

23 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

She is huge! Lots to do. That is one reason why I love Oasis class ships. I hope you get your turn down under for one. 

Yes, I hope so too, one day, they'd have to either remove all the plants from the promenade or use fake ones, Australia's biosecurity laws are pretty strict, so not sure how they'd do it... Maybe for my parents 40th wedding anniversary next year...

All of that food looks so good!! So jealous....

I wish I was back on a cruise ship right now 😠😔

i will confess i have not done star class - we like sky class in a crown loft best but star class is always the ultimate dream 🤩

quantum ships are stunning though!!

you are going to have such a wonderful time 💚 i hear their coastal kitchen is also beautiful as well, and rumored not to typically be as packed as the oasis class CK. can’t wait to hear about it!

I've done sky class on oasis, and am sky on odyssey in August...I do like sky class. We're six so it gets complicated. We're really looking forward to the star class but have some time to wait ....

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I will be perfectly honest. I have blogged about it before. I am not a fan of QN class but I have sailed AN 3 times. The last time was this past July in the GLS. I completely loved that room. Nothing beats that view. It’s even better than the ATS on Oasis class. Totally unobstructed. 

Funny story. I don’t think @bellemiche will mind if I share this. She texted me this afternoon and this is how it went:

A098024C-4AB8-466D-8F2A-3F2CA5338D29.thumb.jpeg.e72522a719d43f6c8c8b13596510c6d4.jpeg

Yikes! I never even thought of that! 

We actually have RLS for Mediterranean city and beaches out of the UK on anthem we're from NYC and it's our this time in them first time in star class. Still looking forward especially since it's 14 nights.