Finding Harmony on Harmony??? HM 3/11/2023 – 3/18/2023

Lovetocruise2002

I am glad you made it safely, also I see they gave you the new 1-liter waters. I am assuming the smaller ones are for diamond/D+. When we did the 4br Villa I stayed in the master closest to the bar, I always request ice. If they use the bucket next to the counter, it will leak like crazy and cause the carpet to get musty. 

4 hours ago, SweetPea said:

P.S. I may have missed it in your pics, but do you mind sharing if they left a bottle of champagne at embarkation and if so, which kind? 

If they did leave champagne, i imagine that one bottle wouldnt go far among 6 adults so i hope they at least sprung for 2 in the Villa. 

We got one bottle of Moët. We had a choice between Moët, red, or white wine. And sadly, no, it’s one bottle per suite. 

51 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

We got one bottle of Moët. We had a choice between Moët, red, or white wine. And sadly, no, it’s one bottle per suite. 

Ok, honestly, that's nonsense. Understandable for the bulk of SC, but when you need a minimum of 8 people to book the Villa, that screams NCL-level cheap (and i speak from experience there.)

But thank you for the response!!

I guess I have to live vicariously through this blog.... to experience an Oasis-class ship since we don't get them down here in Aussie! (Please Royal.... can you send us one?) 😛 Also, is it just me or does the Aqua Theatre in your photos look kinda empty.... I'm guessing people are busy unpacking/doing other things on the first night 🤷‍♂️

8 hours ago, Jamesszy94 said:

Also, is it just me or does the Aqua Theatre in your photos look kinda empty.... I'm guessing people are busy unpacking/doing other things on the first night 🤷‍♂️

It was packed. This sailing is oversold. Hubby just takes his photos strategically. 😉

3 hours ago, bellemiche said:

Did anyone in your group get wet during the show? 🤣

Thankfully, no. Lol

Day 2 - Sea Day

This morning I actually had some company at CK. I ate there with my parents and sister/BIL. Hubby and kids were no where to be found. 

Every ship is slightly different with SC privileges. Harmony allots a specific flow rider time for Star. It is this morning from 9-10:30am. Hubby, and all the kids took advantage. The rest of us were happy to encourage. Lots of laughs and fun had by all. The takeaway from all this is that D16 should probably stay away from surfing 😂

B7546EDE-98A7-4FBD-ADE2-E9AA0A637780.thumb.jpeg.3449d2cb6f20a7bd026be1c3d117ea65.jpeg

Random note: Wifi is not great on this ship so far. Some problems uploading pics and videos to IG. 

soooo glad you guys are safely aboard, settled in, WITH LUGGAGE (i still am haunted by this and forever will be), and one happy family. the cabin is beautiful!

PS: how was sabor??

once again, i am riding on your coattails -- you got to symphony a few months before us 😂 and i relied on your eyewitness account to keep it real -- i'm counting on you to break harmony in for us 😆 and our upcoming sailing.

4 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Day 2 - Sea Day

This morning I actually had some company at CK. I ate there with my parents and sister/BIL. Hubby and kids were no where to be found. 

Every ship is slightly different with SC privileges. Harmony allots a specific flow rider time for Star. It is this morning from 9-10:30am. Hubby, and all the kids took advantage. The rest of us were happy to encourage. Lots of laughs and fun had by all. The takeaway from all this is that D16 should probably stay away from surfing 😂

B7546EDE-98A7-4FBD-ADE2-E9AA0A637780.thumb.jpeg.3449d2cb6f20a7bd026be1c3d117ea65.jpeg

Random note: Wifi is not great on this ship so far. Some problems uploading pics and videos to IG. 

Is this in addition to priority during non busy hours of 11-2?

15 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

No. This is now in place of that. There is no more SC priority for the flow rider outside of the private SC session. Another change 😕

I have read on other ships it is back to Priority.  I  had the same thing happen on Quantum and asked the genie and asked on social media and it was rectified.  Seems like the policy was before covid and then after covid they changed it, but at  full capacity they supposedly went back to the pre covid perk.  I was on Oasis a few weeks ago, no star, but they gave star priority, every third person.

After the flow rider session, everyone wandered and did their own thing for a bit. We met back up for lunch at Izumi. Bellies are beyond full! 
6C6514DB-1ACA-44E5-9952-8F090E8BEAD2.thumb.jpeg.c856a707d89b07b17eee34fd233e9217.jpeg

DDDDE1C3-C6DC-479D-BD02-356BA3B59BB1.thumb.jpeg.9cbe758829814a316e15285842843d27.jpeg

40491E6E-EA72-459B-9507-D842F4F12DF5.thumb.jpeg.f7ea6037aba77e854ad3bd02569b16d3.jpeg

Most of us could barely walk after Izumi. My Dad disappeared somewhere to get in his 10K steps. My Mom, D16, D14, N9, and I took a walk on the jogging track. Felt a bit better after that. 
27A9AD6B-D967-4376-9FE2-A1DB4D58F170.thumb.jpeg.24d0165d9cc6170394c1920469328fe0.jpeg

Going to chill out for the rest of the afternoon. 

On 3/12/2023 at 3:29 PM, MLH said:

I have read on other ships it is back to Priority.  I  had the same thing happen on Quantum and asked the genie and asked on social media and it was rectified.  Seems like the policy was before covid and then after covid they changed it, but at  full capacity they supposedly went back to the pre covid perk.  I was on Oasis a few weeks ago, no star, but they gave star priority, every third person.

I actually brought this up today. They (the genies) are aware that it is confusing for guests. The policy seems to vary between ships. So the takeaway is that the policy is not consistent and one should not count on it to be. You, and the genies, basically have to go with whatever policy the ship has. But those that have sailed star on HM over the last bit have reported the same experience for the flow rider. So I was prepared for this. When we sailed star on Oasis (March 2022) it was priority except during sea days between 1-4pm.

19 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I actually brought this up today. They (the genies) are aware that it is confusing for guests. The policy seems to vary between ships. So the takeaway is that the policy is not consistent and one should not count on it to be. You, and the genies, basically have to go with  whatever policy the ship has. But those that have sailed star on HM over the last bit have reported the same experience for the flow rider. So I was prepared for this. When we sailed star on Oasis (March 2022) it was priority expect during sea days between 1-4pm.

I think they don't want to deal with unhappy people in line.  

57 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I actually brought this up today. They (the genies) are aware that it is confusing for guests. The policy seems to vary between ships. So the takeaway is that the policy is not consistent and one should not count on it to be. You, and the genies, basically have to go with  whatever policy the ship has. But those that have sailed star on HM over the last bit have reported the same experience for the flow rider. So I was prepared for this. When we sailed star on Oasis (March 2022) it was priority expect during sea days between 1-4pm.

At least your times have improved. Over Xmas the start time was either 8 or 8:30, I can’t remember. It’s funny how some details fade. 🤦‍♀️

1 hour ago, Jax said:

At least your times have improved. Over Xmas the start time was either 8 or 8:30, I can’t remember. It’s funny how some details fade. 🤦‍♀️

Yes, I remember that yours was earlier. 9am was doable. Hubby stayed for the entire time. He was loving it. 

1 hour ago, Jamesszy94 said:

Loving your blog so far!! IZUMI looks amazing. I asked my dad if he wanted to try it on my recent sailing and he asked me if it was complimentary, I said no, so he said no 😢 even after I offered to pay

Thanks for following! Dads…you can never please them lol. 

i love this pic of you both!!

i remember reading your symphony blog and loving how it was with your family; sticking close and clearly it shows that you are all very much enjoying each others' company. (which is not to say that there aren't ~moments 😅 -- we all have them) and then of course, your professional pictures turned out so well and it was just, overall, such a great blog to read along -- but also incredibly heartwarming too.

ANYWAY!! what i am trying to saying (clumsily, might i add) is that it's so nice to see the close family vibe 💚 i am so happy you were able to go as a (larger than your immediate) family, and that you are all making these memories together. it's a really, really special time.

thank you for taking us along 🥰 (sorry about the sappiness)

6 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

After the flow rider session, everyone wandered and did their own thing for a bit. We met back up for lunch at Izumi. Bellies are beyond full! 

I've always forgotten to ask but your picture reminded me: how would you rate the ramen at Izumi? My mom's never had real ramen and I've been nervous Izumi might night be a good first experience since they specialize in sushi. Opinions much appreciated

1 hour ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

I've always forgotten to ask but your picture reminded me: how would you rate the ramen at Izumi? My mom's never had real ramen and I've been nervous Izumi might night be a good first experience since they specialize in sushi. Opinions much appreciated

Unless you are on the same ship, not all izumis have ramen. I was on anthem in December and was there for the ramen and they didn't have it on that ship.

3 hours ago, asquared17 said:

ANYWAY!! what i am trying to saying (clumsily, might i add) is that it's so nice to see the close family vibe 💚 i am so happy you were able to go as a (larger than your immediate) family, and that you are all making these memories together. it's a really, really special time.

Thank you! We have always been a pretty tight knit family and I have always been extremely grateful for that. Just a bit sad that my other sister and her family are not here with us. 

2 hours ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

As @Mike6453 said, not all Izumi’s have ramen or udon noodles. Make sure you check each ship’s menu. However, the ships that do have it, it’s good. Very comparable to places on land. And a huge portion as well. D16 and Hubby really like it. I prefer the Udon noodles over Ramen. 

It was my lucky night tonight! I found myself with two Genies on my way to dinner. 🧞‍♀️🧞‍♂️This is Marla and Raj. Both awesome!

2E0EA7C3-0067-44AE-89C3-64C287401B9E.thumb.jpeg.4dff994d0f8bedd06773d7261f38c044.jpeg

Dinner was at 150 CP tonight. It was probably one of the best 150 CP meals I have eaten. Our waiter was very personable and attentive. The quality of the food was excellent. Between all of us, we tried all the things that 150 is known for: Braised short rib, Scallops, Lamb, Halibut, Lobster Thermidor, Beef Tenderloin for 2 (cut table side), and of course the fried cheesecake. Not a single complaint from anyone! 
3AA4F68A-07DB-45AE-83FB-91DC5F2C09AE.thumb.jpeg.0ce6676d5e56f9ec82204bb5612e4799.jpeg

After dinner the freeloaders went back to the room for “Nintendo Night”. Marla caught wind of this and sent popcorn to the room for them. The adults headed to adult comedy. Unfortunately, it was not the best. Pretty dry this time around. 

Tomorrow is another sea day as we make our way to St. Maarten. Zero plans tomorrow. Goodnight all! 

Day 3 - Sea Day

Breakfast in CK again this morning. 6 of us made it this time. Back in the cabin and waiting for D16 to wake up so we can get Starbucks. I just noticed on my C&A Welcome letter under Wine and Dine that the BOGO Specialty Restaurant offer excludes Izumi and Hooked now. Has that always been the case? 

5EBCEDD3-02F7-4C0B-99B3-D76894196A64.jpeg

10 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

As @Mike6453 said, not all Izumi’s have ramen or udon noodles. Make sure you check each ship’s menu. However, the ships that do have it, it’s good. Very comparable to places on land. And a huge portion as well. D16 and Hubby really like it. I prefer the Udon noodles over Ramen. 

Fortunately we're on Harmony as well so, unless they make a menu change in the next few months, Ramen will be on offer. Woot!