Finding Harmony on Harmony??? HM 3/11/2023 – 3/18/2023

Lovetocruise2002

Hopefully the temps aren’t too cold and it will be a wet snow that melts quickly. This is so stressful; I hope you all get to Florida tomorrow. ❤️ 🙏 

What’s up with this March weather; we are under a full winter storm/ snowfall warning here starting tomorrow with up to 20cm expected and lows of -22.  Ugh I am ready for spring 🌷

1 hour ago, GregD said:

I have faith that all the flights will go off without a problem!

Hanging onto those positive vibes! 

1 hour ago, bellemiche said:

I will be saying a prayer with you tonight! And positive thinking that tomorrow at this time we will be on our way to FLL! 

See you at DTW tomorrow. 🤞

58 minutes ago, WannaCruise said:

Have been thinking of you with this stress with the wather, but all will be ok.  They are saying it's NOT a repeat of last weekend and we can handle this type of snow.  Safe travels to you all, and soon you will be on the lovely Harmony with your family.

Thank you! Safe travels for you too on your way to Oasis.

P.S. - We are going with your way of having 1 luggage to check and then each having a carry on with the bulk of our stuff .  The funny thing is, our checked luggage is 50% shoes!  It's crazy but needed...sandals for the day, night sandals, beach flip flops, closed runners (for laser tag, zipline, and one of our excursion needs it).  Not sure if you find the same?

18 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

That sounds just like ours. 50% shoes, 25% evening clothes, 25% hair products lol

Exactly.  Glad it's not just.  🙂

Only difference is we probably will have less hair products in luggage as will put anything under 100mil in carry on as can't lose those...lol

On 3/7/2023 at 2:19 PM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I will if they are giving them out. The last few cruises that we have sailed out, they have gone the way of the app. They don't leave paper copies in your cabin anymore.

Do not give digital links? I thought thats how it worked now? Sorry I haven't cruised since 2018.... Thank you 🙂

1 hour ago, beccaball said:

Do not give digital links? I thought thats how it worked now? Sorry I haven't cruised since 2018.... Thank you 🙂

Yes, the last year or so, Royal has been slowly trying to "go green" with their paper compasses. All the activities are on the app now and you can still pick up a paper one upon request. But we all have phones and mainly use the app now.

Travel day update:

My parents and Sis/BIL/N11/N9 have made it to DTW. They texted about an hour ago and everything looks ok at the moment. My sister said that the gates and runways look clear. There are a total of 6 Delta direct flights from DTW-FLL today. The first two (7am and 10:30am) have departed without issue. My parents/sis are on 3rd flight and we are on the last one out tonight. Still crossing those fingers and praying for the best!

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Travel day update:

My parents and Sis/BIL/N11/N9 have made it to DTW. They texted about an hour ago and everything looks ok at the moment. My sister said that the gates and runways look clear. There are a total of 6 Delta direct flights from DTW-FLL today. The first two (7am and 10:30am) have departed without issue. My parents/sis are on 3rd flight and we are on the last one out tonight. Still crossing those fingers and praying for the best!

I keep watching your flights too (totally invested on hoping you guys make it out) and their flight will be fine. The plane you will be on is coming from Seattle today and should arrive in DTW after all the worst of the snow is due to end. I think you are good to go!

7 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Yes, the last year or so, Royal has been slowly trying to "go green" with their paper compasses. All the activities are on the app now and you can still pick up a paper one upon request. But we all have phones and mainly use the app now.

FWIW, we received paper copies of the cruise compass on HM in December.  

Parents and Sis/BIL/N11/N9 have left the gate! Yay. That is relief. That’s at least 6 out of 10. Now for the other 4 😬

Pic of my Dad and his grandkids waiting to board the plane earlier. Think that might be my Mom off to the left? If it is, she is already in cruise lounging mode lol 
📸Sis (I think?)

F15404E1-E6D2-4FBA-B393-168C88082F90.jpeg

20 minutes ago, kadmgs said:

Teaching the day before spring break is the worst! We have 30 teachers out today out of 200. 2:45 can't get here soon enough. 

Y'all have fun & enjoy your time off. 

my wife's union warns them not to take the day off before a vacation starts, I'm sure it doesn't stop all teachers from doing it but she's a rule follower so we can never leave early lol

32 minutes ago, kadmgs said:

Teaching the day before spring break is the worst! We have 30 teachers out today out of 200. 2:45 can't get here soon enough. 

Y'all have fun & enjoy your time off. 

We are not allowed to take the day off before a holiday, unless you have medical reason. 

Our district's rule is that you cannot take the day off before a holiday unless it is an emergency, but it's not really enforced. Granted, the baseball coaches and track coaches are out for a tournament/meet and the ag teachers are out for Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo, but that's only about 10 people. 

@Lovetocruise2002 Looking forward to hearing more about your trip!

Would you please upload the cruise compass for Harmony to this site? I haven't seen any for 2023 yet. It would be a huge help!

Edited by Royal4
I just noticed a cruise compass for Harmony sailing out of Ft Lauderdale. I wonder if it changes having your port in Miami instead?

27 minutes ago, Royal4 said:

Would you please upload the cruise compass for Harmony to this site? I haven't seen any for 2023 yet. It would be a huge help!

I will if they are giving them out. They’ve mostly gone the way of the app, probably why people aren’t uploading any cruise compasses lately. 

42 minutes ago, Royal4 said:

I have all 7 days of the cruise compass from HM over Christmas 2022. No idea if they change every cruise 🤷‍♀️ but here is Day 1. Let me know if you would like me to upload any of the other days.  

22301E99-A7B1-414C-957C-88F4AF325B18.jpeg

89A9D6E3-7C26-43EC-B66E-FAFD504984D6.jpeg

CC6F30E5-37AB-4B56-8550-1E9BAA055AF2.jpeg

8CAC251B-7273-4773-AA7C-01CF48EF7E49.jpeg

Ugh! Delayed until 9:10pm now. Seeing that it’s going to be later and later before we arrive in Fort Lauderdale, I am just going to show you now where we are staying. We stayed here before back in March 2019 and the room is going to be the same. 

Holiday Inn Express Cruise Port - 17th street; Double Queen Suite

AC4CA65C-8660-4325-A4B6-2EB238836E9F.thumb.jpeg.bec808b8ad4414f78dedf0f1d5ac9c6e.jpeg

89586386-2DCD-48FC-AAEC-91862D1020F9.thumb.jpeg.eee58c816db416f604bf7b2f899a6b49.jpeg
E830E293-5006-42A4-90C0-2188935C97CA.thumb.jpeg.294a3096e930b46fa281eb5578bea00d.jpeg

26CD7D7E-8CDC-4BF7-A9CF-12949D24573D.thumb.jpeg.6743895981f53af5277ad445298e11c3.jpeg