Finding Harmony on Harmony??? HM 3/11/2023 – 3/18/2023

Lovetocruise2002

Finding Harmony on Harmony???  HM 3/11/2023 – 3/18/2023

image.png.21cd79ac66a19d66e0a61a875fb7d5c2.png

This is Us – A Little Bit CRAZY, A Little Bit LOUD, A Whole Lot of LOVE! 

10 people, one cabin, crazy cousins, “set in their ways” older parents, plus a Genie…Will we find Harmony? Nobody knows? Not even us!

This sailing as been a long time coming. I am beyond excited, and a little bit sad. Originally, we had booked this sailing for December 2020 to celebrate my Mom’s 70th birthday. We lost that sailing, and we were most fortunate to be able to reschedule it to now. However, as much as we tried to retain our original group, my other sister and her family could not make it. That leaves 10 of us, instead of 14. I am sure that our Genie is breathing a sigh of relief lol.

This is our 3rd time on Harmony, but for my parents and sister’s family, it’s their first. It is by no means anyone’s first cruise though. My parents have cruised more than any of us have, but never in suites. They are pretty stubborn inside cabin cruisers, well my Dad is anyway. This cruise is another way that we are trying to thank my parents for everything they have done for us.

We last cruised as an extended family in December 2017 on the Disney Fantasy. The kids were all a lot younger then and I am sure this experience will be a whole lot different.

Who’s Going?

Let me introduce you to the @Lovetocruise2002 extended family!

·       Mom & Dad – my parents

·       Sis – my sister

·       BIL – brother-in-law

·       N11 – Nephew (11 years old)

·       N9 – Niece (9 years old)

·       Hubby & I

·       The teenagers – D14 and D16

Flight

Delta from DTW-FLL. HM leaves Miami on Saturday, and I have to work until Friday afternoon, we had no option but to book the last flight out of DTW to FLL on Friday night. I was not willing to fly in the day of, so again, we booked through Air2Sea, and we are praying and hoping for smooth travels.

My parents and sister are flying out earlier on Friday, but they are also headed to FLL. My Dad does not want to meet us at the port, he would rather us all stay at the same hotel and head to the port together.

Pre-Cruise Stay

Not glamourous, but totally functional. We are all staying at the Holiday Inn Express on 17th Street in Fort Lauderdale. We don’t get into Florida until almost midnight, so we need something close to the airport. It does not make sense to spend a lot on accommodations that we will barely use. Seeing that we are staying there, the rest of the family is as well. The plan is to meet up at breakfast…well that’s the plan, not sure if my sister will stick to that plan lol

We priced out different ride options to the port. My parents are not the Uber/Lyft type and we wanted to stay as group. After looking at several places, we decided to book a private van with QLS Transportation. They are scheduled to pick us up at the hotel at 9:30 am Saturday morning. So far, pre-cruise communication with them has been good.

Itinerary

11 MAR           MIAMI, FLORIDA

12 MAR           CRUISING

13 MAR           CRUISING

14 MAR             PHILIPSBURG, ST. MAARTEN

15 MAR           CHARLOTTE AMALIE, ST. THOMAS

16 MAR           CRUISING

17 MAR           PERFECT DAY COCOCAY, BAHAMAS

18 MAR             MIAMI, FLORIDA

Cabin

Only one cabin holds all of us…

E616B11E-2F6C-4F90-8282-33CD37BA110D.thumb.jpeg.3bfcb169f81f150a42c54688991ebdec.jpeg

Our plan is to put my parents on one end, in one of the master bedrooms. My sister and BIL will take the master on the other end. Hubby will finally get his wish to sail an inside cabin again, I am trying to psych myself up for the telephone booth shower, and all 4 freeloaders (err…I mean the darling children), will take the other inside room without the ensuite bathroom.

Pre-Cruise thoughts

• HM will always be a special ship to us. It marks our first sailing where we ventured into suites (Sky Class) in 2017, and our first sailing where we dived into “the point of no return” (Star Class) in 2019. Now we return for another first, which is the Villa, a suite that I have been curious about for a very long time.
  • Really trying hard to cherish the memories on this one. It has not escaped any of us that moments like these are few and far between, and most precious. Not only are my parents getting older, but so are the kids. This spring break sailing is our second last one with D16.
  • Without a doubt, I will miss Deck 17….
  • Marla is our Genie on this one.
  • Once again, in the spirit of a live blog, please do not hesitate to ask any questions.  I will do my best to find out whatever I can for you.
  • When responding to a post with a series of pictures, please do not include the pictures in your reply.  It just makes for easier scrolling.
  • Lastly, I will try to post videos and stories on Instagram.  You can follow me @lovetocruise2002

Time to clear my schedule, for another can't miss blog!! 

I think you can make the argument to Hubby that he really isn't sailing in an inside cabin here.....One of these years you should send him solo to deck 3 or something. Lets see how quickly he comes back to deck 17🤣

It's crazy how fast our time with the freeloaders goes by. I've been thinking about that myself too. I foresee many fond memories made on this one, and I am so excited for you! I can't think of a better way to thank your parents as well, especially since they enjoy cruising as much as you say. 

I pray all your flights go according to plan for this one too. At least the weather doesn't look too bad for that day...yet... 

ps we have stayed at that holiday inn - the beds are surprisingly comfortable!! like… sleeping on a CLOUD. 

if it’s the same one - there are a bunch right there in FLL - it’s clean and close to publix, TJ maxx and there is a starbucks up the road if you need. you’ll be able to see the ships if you walk up 17th a small bit and go over the bridge — it’s my favorite for that reason. 

1 hour ago, GregD said:

I think you can make the argument to Hubby that he really isn't sailing in an inside cabin here

I think we totally are lol

35 minutes ago, asquared17 said:

we have stayed at that holiday inn

We have stayed there too a couple of times, although this time we are literally there just to sleep. We are not expected to land until 11:40pm next Friday night so there will be no walking around 17th Street.

My parents and sister are going to my beloved La Bamba without me. My kids are saying they should have taken the earlier flight with them.

44 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

BTW…I have told my family about @asquared17’s recent SY trip. The goal is to not get security called on us for volume 😁 

there is no earthly way you could be as loud as - the extended family with 5 interconnected central park balconies AND the dude bros next door AND the island party ladies on the left. 

that was a perfect storm TRIFECTA of loudness. 

Angry Wake Up GIF by Looney Tunes

I’m so excited!  Been waiting for this one. Freeloaders, ha ha!  Don’t get too sentimental because they don’t go away!  We have two, one mid 30’s the other mid 20’s. I call them Alexa and Siri.  If I’m within 110 feet of the house and say the word “Cruise” they both appear by my side with suitcases packed😂. But the memories we make are pretty amazing. I hope this cruise makes magical dreams come true for your family and it goes in the books as the best yet!  I can’t wait to hang on your every word on this one. 

47 minutes ago, asquared17 said:

there is no earthly way you could be as loud as - the extended family with 5 interconnected central park balconies AND the dude bros next door AND the island party ladies on the left. 

Let's hope not lol

45 minutes ago, Rags1 said:

Don’t get too sentimental because they don’t go away!

I can only hope and pray that when my girls are the age of yours, we are still sailing together. They talk of leaving us often these days. Especially my 16 year old....

46 minutes ago, Rags1 said:

I hope this cruise makes magical dreams come true for your family and it goes in the books as the best yet!  I can’t wait to hang on your every word on this one. 

Thank you! It is always good to have you along.

47 minutes ago, Rags1 said:

If I’m within 110 feet of the house and say the word “Cruise” they both appear by my side with suitcases packed😂

Heck, if you said the word "Cruise" around me, I would pack in a hurry too! I know the @Rags1 style 😉 #RLSgoals

So a bit of a funny story, once again starring Hubby dearest...

A few nights ago, during our weekly "Family Dinner Night", that's one night a week with all 14 of us at my Mom & Dad's house, my sister and I were discussing how next Saturday would work with Hubby needing to take some photos for the blog before the freeloaders tear into it. We decided that we would have Marla take us to the Suite Lounge first upon boarding and have Hubby head to the room to take some quick photos, then we will head down there when he is done. My sister jokingly asked me if Hubby would know how to get back and forth and he chimed in with, "It's just around the corner from the SL, of course I know the way." Poor guy thought we were on Deck 17 still.

Have been thinking that I bet Sabrina will start a blog soon.  I checked live blogs t his morning and yah...saw your post!  We will be on Oasis when you're on Harmony so will mostly follow the pre-stuff first and then have a nice read when we get back (no internet for us as we like to disconnect).

This seems like such a special trip with your parents and sister's family.  Sorry your other sister can't make it.  That's such an amazing stateroom!!!  Maybe I missed it, but what room type is that? Am not familiar with suite classes...maybe someday. 🙂

I know what you mean...crazy snow last night.  Fingers toes and noses crossed nothing next weekend.  Safe travels.  Looking forward to hearing about your adventure!

16 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Finding Harmony on Harmony???  HM 3/11/2023 – 3/18/2023

image.png.21cd79ac66a19d66e0a61a875fb7d5c2.png

This is Us – A Little Bit CRAZY, A Little Bit LOUD, A Whole Lot of LOVE! 

10 people, one cabin, crazy cousins, “set in their ways” older parents, plus a Genie…Will we find Harmony? Nobody knows? Not even us!

This sailing as been a long time coming. I am beyond excited, and a little bit sad. Originally, we had booked this sailing for December 2020 to celebrate my Mom’s 70th birthday. We lost that sailing, and we were most fortunate to be able to reschedule it to now. However, as much as we tried to retain our original group, my other sister and her family could not make it. That leaves 10 of us, instead of 14. I am sure that our Genie is breathing a sigh of relief lol.

This is our 3rd time on Harmony, but for my parents and sister’s family, it’s their first. It is by no means anyone’s first cruise though. My parents have cruised more than any of us have, but never in suites. They are pretty stubborn inside cabin cruisers, well my Dad is anyway. This cruise is another way that we are trying to thank my parents for everything they have done for us.

We last cruised as an extended family in December 2017 on the Disney Fantasy. The kids were all a lot younger then and I am sure this experience will be a whole lot different.

This is wonderful.  We will look forward to following along.  Have the best time!

50 minutes ago, WannaCruise said:

We will be on Oasis when you're on Harmony

I remember. You are on with some friends of mine. The famous Bella cruise 😉

Maybe I missed it, but what room type is that?

It’s the Villa suite and it holds a max of 14. There are only 2 of them out there. One on Symphony. And one on Harmony. Originally this was booked for SY but since she is starting dry dock early, they moved us to HM. The good news for us is that HM’s last sailing in Port Everglades is 3/10 and then they head to Miami for 3/11 sailing. So there “should be” no delay in boarding for us. 

I know what you mean...crazy snow last night

We ended up with ice under a layer of heavy snow! Yuck. 

18 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I remember. You are on with some friends of mine. The famous Bella cruise 😉

It’s the Villa suite and it holds a max of 14. There are only 2 of them out there. One on Symphony. And one on Harmony. Originally this was booked for SY but since she is starting dry dock early, they moved us to HM. The good news for us is that HM’s last sailing in Port Everglades is 3/10 and then they head to Miami for 3/11 sailing. So there “should be” no delay in boarding for us. 

We ended up with ice under a layer of heavy snow! Yuck. 

Yes that's the one.  Lots of regular cruisers on there.

Wow, didn't realize there are so few of them in the whole fleet.  Great you were able to get it when they moved your cruise to  Harmony.  Looks amazing! 

Have an awesome cruise!  

Just noticed some changes on the app this morning that relate to the recent changes lately. 

- staterooms not ready until 2pm

- JS and above still get housekeeping twice per day

- WOW bands available on HM; Marla also confirmed this a few days ago

- luggage could arrive as late as 7pm (not sure if this is new but I thought it was 5pm before…) 

9EBE48A5-C528-4074-90F7-F1243A4B5405.jpeg

EB4B4AD9-E13B-4499-A395-EB5E445CFC28.jpeg

8ACE5FAC-97E6-4342-8249-6ED948B50095.jpeg

A1234F16-52B2-43D3-8986-CDC068E10451.jpeg

Following along with a fluttering heart to see if your villa is ready before 2. 🥰 It was an inevitable progression to delay rooms being ready on embarkation day with the stateroom service changes they've made. But for how SC prices are escalating these days, I'd hate to see them slipping at all in these regards. Also interested to hear how embarkation goes in general, especially with your luggage. 

50 minutes ago, SweetPea said:

Following along with a fluttering heart to see if your villa is ready before 2. 🥰 It was an inevitable progression to delay rooms being ready on embarkation day with the stateroom service changes they've made. But for how SC prices are escalating these days, I'd hate to see them slipping at all in these regards. Also interested to hear how embarkation goes in general, especially with your luggage. 

I have been told there are no changes to star class boarding time and Marla made no indications that our room would not be ready by the time we board.

Luggage is another story. Our last 3 SC sailings post covid, we have been really lucky in getting our luggage even before we headed to lunch. But I have heard some stories where HM is not as speedy, and we have not sailed HM since 2019. We will see what happens next Saturday. However, we are the 1st sailing out of Miami for HM so maybe they will have all their ducks in row. 🤞

32 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

We will be on this one, too.  It’s the last cruise in our OA B3B

At this point everyone is going to get to sail with you before me! Lol

1 hour ago, SweetPea said:

Our one and only SC we just went through security with our checked bags and a porter took them right to the room. Batman is going to be devastated at the changes if that's not the case anymore 🤣

I don't recall any of the sailings post covid allowing checked bags to proceed with you through security. What port are you going to sail out of for your next one? POM is really efficient. That is my most favourite port to sail from these days. 

7 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Luggage is another story. Our last 3 SC sailings post covid, we have been really lucky in getting our luggage even before we headed to lunch. But I have heard some stories where HM is not as speedy, and we have not sailed HM since 2019. We will see what happens next Saturday. However, we are the 1st sailing out of Miami for HM so maybe they will have all their ducks in row. 🤞

oh god. we’re on harmony in a CP balcony (no suite status this time 😂) in may and now i’m ~concerned

@Lovetocruise2002, we got beat up by a storm too. This is what I woke up to....I think this means you need to sneak me into your suitcase.

IMG_4799.thumb.png.10adb6160549e54473fc762f353c04a5.png

On an unrelated note, I have corrupted another one to the Suite life. While at the firehouse today I convinced one of my coworkers, and he booked a GS on Harmony the same week we are going next year......next step...Star Class!!!!

Wayne Knight Laughing GIF