TIME

poider

Get on social media, follow everybody & anybody associated with your travel accomodations. Take any & every opportunity to promote, brag, endorse their services to every one you know & the general public. Be tenacious, creative & wait for the perks! My results: pre-cruise Hotel Condes de Barcelona precruise stay this Spring: free upgrade to suite, complimentary wine, discount dining @ local restaurant -- $50 OBC from RCI. Current booking (not RCI), free upgrade from inside cabin to balcony -- 7nt Eastern itinerary in balcony for $299 -- pretty good deal, in fact best ever!

You've got guts lol. 22 months would kill me!

We would always sail at spring break when my daughter was younger. We had justt gotten off the Explorer a few months prior and knew the following year she would being going on a school trip to Disney so I booked for the year after that the day they opened the bookings.  I did so because I wanted the deck 7 corner aft.

• 2 weeks later...

I like booking far in advance, it gives more time to plan and prepare. I don't live close to a port so impulse booking isn't an option for me. Use your time by watching videos, learn about the ship you'll be sailing on. Read through the menus, find out what shows are onboard. Enjoy your trip!

We pretty much do the same as most people by watching you tube videos , planning our trips ashore and of course talking to people on the blog. Another thing I like to do is follow the ship we are next sailing on day to day and even get live emails telling me each time she arrives or leaves port ( sad i know but i LOVE IT ) by going to https://www.marinetraffic.com/.  

I am also reminded that our Cruise is getting closer as each time I take my clients to Southampton to board their ships the Independence is nearly always there TALK ABOUT TEASING ME  :lol:  

I am going through serious cruise envy.  Had to cancel our May Freedom cruise because my daughter got a coveted internship.  For the same reason, we were not able to do a spontaneous cruise over the summer like I hoped.  I also got talked into a 7 day scuba diving trip to Belize in April so dollars for a cruise early next year got diverted to that.

Matt's 99 Days of Quantum are killing me.  Same with the podcast.  I so want to go on a cruise.  If you happen to be on the Navigator in April and see some crazy guy trying to swim out to the ship in Belize City, throw out a lifesaver.  I would appreciate it.

Matt's 99 Days of Quantum are killing me.  Same with the podcast.  I so want to go on a cruise.  If you happen to be on the Navigator in April and see some crazy guy trying to swim out to the ship in Belize City, throw out a lifesaver.  I would appreciate it.

I'm with you.  Between moving, new kid on the way and more I haven't been able to cruise since February and can't book anything until July 2015 so I know your pain.

The good news is it gets better and before you know it, you'll have something booked!

I mostly listen to cruise related podcasts to help the time pass and to add to the excitement. I must admit that I've listened to various RCBlog podcast episodes repeatedly just in case I missed something. YouTube videos help as well and have the advantage of giving you a good feel for the ship.

• 8 months later...

10 months, I wish I were so fortunate. We just got married on Adventure in April which ate up a little more of our crusing budget. So we booked Allure in Oct, 2016. 18 months out. EEK! We got home (we booked n board) and immediately realized that, although we were right to build back up cruise war chest, we agreed never to go that far between cruises again and booked freedom in April, 17. I will be trolling the boards living vicariously through all of you for 17 more months.

Yep reading this blog, or actually going on another cruise sooner

I'm headed out to Oasis next week but I constantly look at new offers, or dates

that look interesting

Feelin your pain

I hope you enjoy your time on Oasis! If you've sailed on her before I'd really be interested in your opinion of the ship now, especially the tripartite main dining room(s).