Jump to content
WAAAYTOOO

Rumor - MTD Being Eliminated ?

Recommended Posts

We always do MTD.  Usually it is on an upper level (where there are more tables for 2) and you can look down on the large, main dining areas.  MTD is always full, and when we look down, we see tons of big empty tables for 8 or 10 or 12.   Really, some people love to gab and want to sit with a bunch of strangers that will become friends for the week.  But I think most people just want to do their own thing.   I remember in the really old days, when you had to sit all together, a cruise official once told me they never put New Yorkers and Texans together at a table!  But I admit we did meet some nice people that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, cruise-y said:

I remember in the really old days, when you had to sit all together, a cruise official once told me they never put New Yorkers and Texans together at a table!  But I admit we did meet some nice people that way.

I laughed out loud when I read this, as @Wilson (Texas) and I (New Jersey) are on Anthem for the same Bermuda trip next year. Was wondering if chance might find us seated at the same table in the MDR, but maybe not! :8_laughing:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 8:32 AM, JLMoran said:

I laughed out loud when I read this, as @Wilson (Texas) and I (New Jersey) are on Anthem for the same Bermuda trip next year. Was wondering if chance might find us seated at the same table in the MDR, but maybe not! :8_laughing:

Maybe they should ask about peoples political party, sports teams or religious opinions, to avoid any conflict. :10_wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2017 at 9:46 PM, cruise-y said:

We always do MTD.  Usually it is on an upper level (where there are more tables for 2) and you can look down on the large, main dining areas.  MTD is always full, and when we look down, we see tons of big empty tables for 8 or 10 or 12.   Really, some people love to gab and want to sit with a bunch of strangers that will become friends for the week.  But I think most people just want to do their own thing.   I remember in the really old days, when you had to sit all together, a cruise official once told me they never put New Yorkers and Texans together at a table!  But I admit we did meet some nice people that way.

I think that the specialty restaurants have made the mdr more tricky.   I don't mind being at a big table,  but we felt guilty when couples were left with nobody to sit with while others went to specialty.   One night it was 2 peopled by themselves at a table for 12....that feels awkward.   This time we are going to see if we like my time...we are doing 3 specialty dinners and trying to accommodate the teenager on the other nights.   Im not sure i will miss the big table thing.   Jane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 9:46 PM, cruise-y said:

  Really, some people love to gab and want to sit with a bunch of strangers that will become friends for the week.  

This is one of the reasons we chose three specialty dinners and to do MTD, while requesting a table for 2. Although we are very social, we have little or no time alone as a couple, as we have 2 sons, 23 and 16 and in-laws, that live with us. We have had a total of 6 nights, away, alone, in 23yrs of being parents. I am not kidding! This is our anniversary cruise and it is all about us. Maybe we will choose to have dinner mates on our next cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/9/2017 at 8:32 AM, JLMoran said:

I laughed out loud when I read this, as @Wilson (Texas) and I (New Jersey) are on Anthem for the same Bermuda trip next year. Was wondering if chance might find us seated at the same table in the MDR, but maybe not! :8_laughing:

Hahaha. We will definitely be sitting at the same bar at some point. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...