Cruise day!!!

Jamesszy94

First night went well. She rocked a bit and is still rocking 😅 I don't remember her rocking this much... are her stabilizers not working? 🤣😂 (I kid I kid)

Dinner was alright, the prime rib was a bit too rare for my liking unfortunately. I just had the battered fish and chips instead. 

Has continental breakfast always been complimentary? I don't remember it ever being complimentary, if so, when did that change?

Willian is my cabin steward!! Very nice!!

13 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

Continental wasn't always free, or maybe it was but I know during the restart breakfast was always free from room service to alleviate crowding in other venues like the WJ. Then once things ramped back to normal-ish continental stayed free. 

That makes so much sense actually. I think I still prefer the MDR for breakfast cause it's less crowded. Sure there's not as many choices, but I'd rather be able to find a seat, have table service and be able to relax instead of feeling like I need to rush to get breakfast over. 

20230304_084156.jpg

Someone who cruises on Royal more can probably tell me, what are the Green seapass cards? Or like what are the Gold ones? I was assuming every level of the C&A had a different coloured card, but I saw a Diamond Plus lady have the same coloured one as me!!!

I've missed having breakfast at the Solarium. It's a lot more relaxing without any screaming kids or all the chatter!

Watching the beautiful ocean. We're almost at our first port.. but she's started rocking again! Rough seas all week...I swear... are her stabilizers legit broken or something? 😂 It wasn't this bad last time I sailed on her. 

20230305_073834.jpg

20230305_073926.jpg

On 3/3/2023 at 9:49 PM, Jamesszy94 said:

That makes so much sense actually. I think I still prefer the MDR for breakfast cause it's less crowded. Sure there's not as many choices, but I'd rather be able to find a seat, have table service and be able to relax instead of feeling like I need to rush to get breakfast over. 

20230304_084156.jpg

I'm enjoying following along. Thanks for sharing. 🙂

I prefer the MDR for breakfast too, for the same reasons. Unfortunately DH prefers tge WJ so there always has to be a bit of negotiating. 😂

Just came back from watching James Bustar!! What an absolute beast!! Normally I don't mind kids, but the kids were ruining the show, it was still entertaining though!

Next stop.... Adelaide

I've been a few times anyway, so seen everything there is to do in Adelaide.  Might just walk around Rundle Mall...  Also am I the only one who can't be bothered waiting for the lift? I'd rather just use the stairs.... 

We did see a rainbow, it was pretty cold outside, I think it got down to about -2°C

But I'm glad it's not so holiday season here in Australia yet, otherwise there'd be A LOT more kids. 

One question, I know on Port Days, North Star is free, but let's say by a twist of fate, we can't make it back in time, will they charge us $25?! Or does that only apply for sea day bookings

20230305_181803.jpg