Jade Sushi

I would just check in Windjammer when you get on and see, I've been seeing posting of Sushi showing up all over the buffets on different ship. I'm by no means a Windjammer Connoisseur I believe that title goes to Matt.

I was on Harmony last year, we may eaten in Windjammer 2 or 3 times, our favorite places for breakfast and lunch were Park Place (8th floor, Central Park) and the Solarium Bistro, so we just didn't go to Windjammer that much.

17 hours ago, Zoey00123 said:

Okay, thanks.  I am planning to visit Izumi, but I thought maybe there was complimentary sushi on board Harmony instead...

To the best of my knowledge there is not.

As others pointed out, Jade referred to the Asian food section of the Windjammer buffet. Before RC had Izumi, its ships offered sushi in this area. To be honest, the sushi quality was awful. Worse than supermarket sushi, if you ask me.

To get sushi on Harmony of the Seas, you will need to go to Izumi.  The sushi there is priced a la carte, so you only pay for what you order.  More importantly, the quality of sushi at Izumis is significantly better than Jade ever had.

Here's an overview of sushi on Royal Caribbean ships: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2015/09/04/sushi-royal-caribbean-everything-you-need-know

On May 17, 2017 at 3:08 PM, tiny260 said:

Jade is included in the Windjammer for the ships that have it, I know Liberty has it because I'm getting ready to sail on it.

On Harmony you have Izumi, which is it's own separate restaurant that serves Sushi and Hibachi style meals

Hey Tiny, since you are getting ready to sail on Liberty, could you be so kind as to make copies of the MDR menus and report back when you return?  Would love to hear about your dining experiences, shipboard experiences and excursion experiences.  What cabin class are you sailing?  Thank you so much!

NP, I will try and remember, when I get on the ship I go in to island time (Cruising time) and don't keep my cell phone with me, which is what I take pictures with, I will try and get the wife to carry the regular camera. We have the 3 night dinning package so the plan is to do Chops, Giovanni's and Sabor, and go to the MDR on MTD the rest of the nights. I already have the MTD dinning reserved through the cruise planner for the nights needed, but I'm hoping that if we are running late one night that my Diamond status will help on wait time. Excursions:

Roaton - Victor Bodden private island tour and horse back riding

Costa Maya - Maya Chan private beach

Cozumel - Nachi Cocom

Cabin class is Junior suite on the ninth floor 9258, which is a little more forward then I like, I tend to stay midships, I normally book a Grand suite, but I booked this cruise late and they were sold out and nobody has cancelled, I like the junior suites but you lose the suite perks, being Diamond makes up for some of them, being on Freedom class verses an Oasis class the suite perks fall off a little (No Coastal Kitchen).

I will report back.

Food is so subjective. My wife and I really enjoyed the sushi selection on Freedom of the Seas offered at Jade. We would head of there for some sushi after we got back from our excursion but before our late seating dinner time. And just to further prove how subjective food is my wife and I do not enjoy Sabor. At all. And the guacamole that we got on Allure was dreadful. Haha I know those are fightin' words around these parts but it just goes to show you that what one person would describe as awful another will enjoy, and vice versa.

14 hours ago, tiny260 said:

NP, I will try and remember, when I get on the ship I go in to island time (Cruising time) and don't keep my cell phone with me, which is what I take pictures with, I will try and get the wife to carry the regular camera. We have the 3 night dinning package so the plan is to do Chops, Giovanni's and Sabor, and go to the MDR on MTD the rest of the nights. I already have the MTD dinning reserved through the cruise planner for the nights needed, but I'm hoping that if we are running late one night that my Diamond status will help on wait time. Excursions:

Roaton - Victor Bodden private island tour and horse back riding

Costa Maya - Maya Chan private beach

Cozumel - Nachi Cocom

Cabin class is Junior suite on the ninth floor 9258, which is a little more forward then I like, I tend to stay midships, I normally book a Grand suite, but I booked this cruise late and they were sold out and nobody has cancelled, I like the junior suites but you lose the suite perks, being Diamond makes up for some of them, being on Freedom class verses an Oasis class the suite perks fall off a little (No Coastal Kitchen).

I will report back.

Thank you Tiny!  I totally understand the "island time" concept because I do it too and rarely take pics on vacation.  I'm mainly interested in the MDR menus and really just want to know if the offerings are still innovative and indiginous or if they've gotten boring and traditionally mainstream (hope not!).   Love Junior Suites, that's what we always book.  Have fun!!

• 3 weeks later...

cruise-y, sorry it's taken so long to get back with you, I got back off the Liberty on June 4th, but work and Little League baseball have gotten in the way.

Alas, I didn't remember to take pictures of the MDR menus, mostly because we didn't eat in the MDR much, we had per-purchased a 3 night dinning package per-cruise.

I will report that the menus looked the same to me, I don't think any of the new menus have made it to Liberty yet. With that said I thought the food quality was excellent, I had the Prime Rib, the chicken and the fish pasta, all was fresh, correctly cooked and the presentation was excellent, the only complaint I might have was, 1 side dish, they served those blanched or steamed green beans and they were tough, but I don't like green beans that way so maybe that had a lot to do with it (I still ate them) we did the MTD, I made reservations and never had to wait, the 2nd formal night looked a little scary because we were late, but I used my Diamond status and got in immediately. We also ate at Sabor, Chops, and Giovanni's and the food was excellent, we liked Sabor so much we went back on the last night. We used Windjammer for breakfast and lunch and never had any issues, it was never that packed, the food was fresh and well presented, and I have to give a "Job well done" to the pastry chef on Liberty, out of the last 4-5 cruises I have taken, the pastries were the freshest, most moist and favorable I have had. To give you an example, those little cinnamon rolls that they have for every breakfast, sometimes as the week goes on they become hard and are not moist (Little hockey pucks), the whole week on Liberty they were amazing and moist with great flavor. We did not eat at Johnnie Rockets, Ice Cream once at Ben and Jerry's, and Pizza once from Sorrento's. Cookies multiple times from Sorrento's and Cafe Promenade, no Cupcake Cupboard.

I also need to comment on the coffee, I remember reading some post on here that RCCL was making it weaker, well the coffee on Liberty was not weak, and I'm not taking about specialty coffee either, I got my coffee from Windjammer or Cafe Promenade and I had to weaken it so it wouldn't keep me up all night.

I don't drink so I cannot comment on the bar service or clubs, we did go every night to the Diamond lounge so my wife could get a glass of wine before dinner. This diamond lounge was very clean, well run, well stocked and bar service was excellent. The people attending seemed friendlier and more engaging that other Diamond lounges.

Top tier event was interesting, top 3 Pinnacle's were 1445 cruise points, 1300'ish, and 1025, sorry I'm terrible with names and didn't catch them. There was one gentleman that we talked to that has been living on Liberty for the last year, but the Cruise team did not point him out even though he did attend.

Overall, I was very pleased with the ship, in areas you can tell she is going on 10 years, but all other areas looked amazing. The shows were all really good, the first one "Up in the air" (I think) was short but very entertaining, Saturday Night Fever was also well presented. My cruise was sold out, so we were full, I would recommend getting to the shows 15-20 minuets early, otherwise all of the good seats will be gone. I had to watch the comedian from behind a pole.

Shore excursions all went well (None through the ship), Roaton, we booked a private tour with Victor Bodden, Costa Maya, booked a private beach, Maya Chan, when we got to the pick up we were greeted by a very plea sent young lady that proceeded to tell us and show us on a iPad that the beach was over run by sea weed and that it was ugly and smelled bad, and if we didn't want to go they understood and we would receive an immediate credit to our Credit Card. We had dealt with this sea weed problem before in Mexico and it was not fun. In Cozumel we went to Private beach Nachi Cocom, very clean and very well run.

Cabin Steward, Erike from Honduras was exceptional, after the first day, never saw him except to say hello or good bye in the hall way, this is the way I prefer it, he got our schedule down the first day, I made one surprise trip to the cabin after we had left because I forgot something for Next Cruise, and he didn't recognize me because of a baseball cap and sunglasses on and would not let me in until I showed him my Sea pass card, very sound security poilcy.

Hope I haven't broken any rules with this length.

• 2 years later...
On 5/24/2017 at 2:14 PM, BigHouseFootball said:

Food is so subjective. My wife and I really enjoyed the sushi selection on Freedom of the Seas offered at Jade. We would head of there for some sushi after we got back from our excursion but before our late seating dinner time. And just to further prove how subjective food is my wife and I do not enjoy Sabor. At all. And the guacamole that we got on Allure was dreadful. Haha I know those are fightin' words around these parts but it just goes to show you that what one person would describe as awful another will enjoy, and vice versa.

Hi found this thread. I see it's 2 years ago 

Just got back from freedom of seas trip. There is a Jade section but no sushi except one evening. That one evening it was aweful. All rice and a tad of imitation crab or smoked salmon.

Tv in room noted sushi everyday but they use that section for an extension of windjammer.

Due to cutback on our experience at Sorrento's and cafe compared to our great experience going to Cuba looking at other options.

Sorrento's was very limited and very cheap on any cheese or topings. Cookies were only thing at Cafe except wraps. Cuba had Cuban sandwiches quac black bean soup etc 

To me just comparing two they are really trying to cut expenses.