D+ Priority Seating for shows

Jill

If you want to be close to the action then the D+ seating is not for you. We enjoy the D+ seating in the theater as it is usually less crowded and we get there early enough to have seats in the center a couple of rows back from the railing as it can interfere with the sight line. The seating for the ice show is at the end and the action comes at you. Just depends how you want to view the shows.

1 hour ago, Traveling Mike said:

I am D+ but my son is not.  With us in the same cabin will he be able to set in the reserved seating with me?

Technically no.  I assume he is an adult and not a youth with dependent status based on your relationship?  Your status and your perks or benefits don't convey to another adult who isn't your spouse and who has your status by relationship.

They may or may or not enforce the policy.  If they do those are the rules so don't be disappointed.  Accept it and move on.

1 hour ago, Traveling Mike said:

I am D+ but my son is not.  With us in the same cabin will he be able to set in the reserved seating with me?

This depends on if you are a stickler for rules or consider this bad behavior. I saw plenty of people on my last Oasis sailing do this. They were the only D+ members but they brought their families to the D+/pinnacle/suites areas and sat. I also saw it in the DL and heard it was an issue in the SL as well. 

5 hours ago, twangster said:

Technically no.  I assume he is an adult and not a youth with dependent status based on your relationship.  Your status and your perks or benefits don't convey to another adult who isn't your spouse and who has your status by relationship.

They may or may or not enforce the policy.  If they do those are the rules so don't be disappointed.  Accept it and move on.

I am used to not using the Diamond perks when he travels with me.  Setting in the shows just seems a little different than taking him to the Diamond Lounge.  Don't know why but it just did.  On the other hand, I am the type of person that shows up early and likes to set in the second row of the theater, up close and personal.  

13 hours ago, Traveling Mike said:

I am used to not using the Diamond perks when he travels with me.  Setting in the shows just seems a little different than taking him to the Diamond Lounge.  Don't know why but it just did.  On the other hand, I am the type of person that shows up early and likes to set in the second row of the theater, up close and personal.  

I tend not to use the designated seating areas either.  However they are finite and if everyone who has access brought friends into the reserved seating areas they wouldn't be large enough.