7 year-old hits Pinnacle level

@ScottD So not true, I would call again and speak to someone else. I set my daughter up with her very own number when she was young, even before our very first Royal sailing.  ( She is 16 now with over 200 points of her own) Good Luck!

I would call the C & A number listed on the website. 

22 minutes ago, Neesa said:

@ScottD So not true, I would call again and speak to someone else. I set my daughter up with her very own number when she was young, even before our very first Royal sailing.  ( She is 16 now with over 200 points of her own) Good Luck!

Very true. My 11 yr old will become D+ on his own merits next cruise.

11 hours ago, Neesa said:

That's what i thought...it was so strangely worded, too. It literally said " since he is a kid and he is under 18, he doesn't get to have a crown and anchor number"  I emailed back but if that doesn't get me anywhere, I'll call the number. Thank you for confirming that I'm not crazy, lol 

14 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

So this was the response I got the 2nd time I asked...

Scott,

Thank you for your email.

Kids will get their Crown and Anchor number after 18 years and all their points will be credited in their account.

If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 1-800-256-6649 or if you're an international guest, please locate your country on the Contact Us page for the proper phone number.

1 hour ago, ScottD said:

Scott,

Kids will get their Crown and Anchor number after 18 years and all their points will be credited in their account.

If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 1-800-256-6649 or if you're an international guest, please locate your country on the Contact Us page for the proper phone number.

Unless this is some new policy, you're getting run around. My son's C&A number appears on every invoice.

2 hours ago, ScottD said:

Scott,

That's not true at all. My kids have C&A numbers and their own point totals

@ScottD wait, he sailed already. I missed that. Call the C&A line where there is a prompt to get your number, it should have been assigned after he sailed. Then if it isn't automatically given via the prompts, hit the prompt to speak to a rep. " Hey there, we sailed on ship, date and I can't seem to find my son's C&A number. May I have it to apply to our future sailings?" 

Please let us know, I usually have a good experience with these reps! 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

That's not true at all. My kids have C&A numbers and their own point totals

Yeah... I'll call and talk to someone. That email address has resolved a few issues for me the past 6 months or so, but not this time! 

1 hour ago, Neesa said:

@ScottD wait, he sailed already. I missed that. Call the C&A line where there is a prompt to get your number, it should have been assigned after he sailed. Then if it isn't automatically given via the prompts, hit the prompt to speak to a rep. " Hey there, we sailed on ship, date and I can't seem to find my son's C&A number. May I have it to apply to our future sailings?" 

Please let us know, I usually have a good experience with these reps! 

Yeah, the person responding to the email must not know whats up. Even when I called to book the trip, the guy asked about my sons number since he sailed. When I said he didn't have one, he said it would generate over the next few weeks since we had just gotten off the ship a few days prior. I'll call and update on what they say. Thanks for all the help everyone! 

3 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Out there flaunting his six free Powerades per day.

Legitimate question: Can kids use their Diamond vouchers on soda? I get my kids the soda package, but if they’ve got four sodas a day with Diamond then they can just use that.

20 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Yep. My kids will be there by the time they are 18, the youngest probably by the time he’s 16. I love how Royal lets them take your status.

12 hours ago, B&S said:

Disgusting!  For all of us seniors who have worked all our lives to make Diamond and above, it's sad to see kids make it to Pinacle at tht age.

Were you in the Diamond Lounge on Anthem in early February questioning whether my wife and I were in there legitimately?

I’ve found that there are times when I call regarding a question and the answer I get doesn’t seem correct.

I have learned (from these forums, thank you all!) that whenever I feel I’m not getting a correct response, I just call back and get a different agent.  Many times the first person either misunderstood my question, or had old information…or is just not capable of original thought! It doesn’t happen often, but when it does, I usually get the right answer…eventually.

In my experience, the best place to get the most accurate up to date information is………here!

On 3/1/2023 at 3:08 PM, ScottD said:

I just emailed royal about my son getting a C&A number since he cruised last month and will be again later this year. They told me he doesn't get a number because he is under 18. 

This would be true on Celebrity, but NOT on Royal

Call back, or just register online (at least you used to be able to do that)

15 hours ago, B&S said:

Disgusting!  For all of us seniors who have worked all our lives to make Diamond and above, it's sad to see kids make it to Pinacle at tht age.

If this is a serious post, how does anyone, regardless of age, making Pinnacle impact you negatively?

Are you upset if someone re-marries and their new spouse gets top tier status because they married into it?