Bermuda - Devil's Isle Cruise Beach Excursion

coneyraven

Hmmm, this does look interesting. And I think it's a new addition from when I looked at the excursion options a few weeks ago; back then there were only 3 excursions in total, and I don't recall this being one of them. Might have to consider that one myself...

If I can add another excursion to this question -- has anyone done the Bermuda Triangle Nightlife Glassbottom Cruise? That looked like a fun way to spend a couple of hours when we have the overnight in Bermuda.

7 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

Hmmm, this does look interesting. And I think it's a new addition from when I looked at the excursion options a few weeks ago; back then there were only 3 excursions in total, and I don't recall this being one of them. Might have to consider that one myself...

If I can add another excursion to this question -- has anyone done the Bermuda Triangle Nightlife Glassbottom Cruise? That looked like a fun way to spend a couple of hours when we have the overnight in Bermuda.

I've seen a lot of comments on CC about this one .... being at night, you really couldn't see anything through the glass bottom ..... Now granted, I myself have not done this one, and none of the comments were truly bad, I guess if I had to put it in one word, lackluster comes to mind.

I haven't done either of these.  We did the Atlantic Reef Fishing, which I do NOT recommend.  It was horrible.  Way too many people on the boat.  The fishermen were polite, but they did not introduce themselves or show us what to do except to say "drop your lines".  Only 5 people on our tour caught a fish, which I credit to the fact that there were about 30 people fishing off the same boat. 

I also did the dolphin quest experience, which I do highly recommend.  It was really incredible!

Also, if you've never been to Bermuda before, even though the island is small, it is not quick to get around.  The ferry takes you to Hamilton & St George & runs hourly.  The local bus is a cheap way to get around, but our bus broke down.  We took the bus to Hamilton & were pretty unimpressed.  Hamilton is sort of like Aspen, CO - lots of high end shops, real estate agents and art galleries.  If you're looking for a beach tour, the thing I wished we had done was just take the bus to Horseshoe Bay (pink sand) for the day.  You can buy a roundtrip bus pass for $9 per person.

Even though our bus broke down, we enjoyed the scenic tour we got.  Just know that the bus can be unreliable when getting back to the ship for departure.

I think we're going to go ahead and do the Devil's Isle Cruise/Beach/Snorkel .....

It just sounds like fun, and, it's a new experience to the both of us. 

And if we don't enjoy ourselves, we just won't do it again, but you never know till you try.

1 minute ago, Stephanie said:

Also, if you've never been to Bermuda before, even though the island is small, it is not quick to get around.  The ferry takes you to Hamilton & St George & runs hourly.  The local bus is a cheap way to get around, but our bus broke down.  We took the bus to Hamilton & were pretty unimpressed.  Hamilton is sort of like Aspen, CO - lots of high end shops, real estate agents and art galleries.  If you're looking for a beach tour, the thing I wished we had done was just take the bus to Horseshoe Bay (pink sand) for the day.  You can buy a roundtrip bus pass for $9 per person.

Even though our bus broke down, we enjoyed the scenic tour we got.  Just know that the bus can be unreliable when getting back to the ship for departure.

This will be our second trip there (we were there last September, loved it so much, we've decided to do it again.

We did Horseshoe Beach last time .... and as far as Hamilton goes, DEAD after 5:00 it seems.  We rode a combo of the bus and ferry from Hamilton back to the Dockyard.

As for Day 2, that's our shopping day .... we stay close to the port, we will NOT be pier runners.