When do we get luggage tags?

Satkowitz

Luggage tags will be available on the web site to download and print when the e-docs become ready, approximately 49 days before sailing (or a few days later). If you are in a Grand Suite or higher, you'll then have the option to order luggage tags to be mailed to you. You also have the option to receive luggage tags by mail if you pay for hardcopy documents which has a fee associated with it ($35 in the past, but I'm not sure what the current price is).

If you are flying in and do not want to bother with hauling tape or a stapler to attach your printed luggage tags you can just get luggage tags at the pier.  The porters will have them and will write your cabin number on them.

Yes, that's right and it's important to remember so you don't have to worry if you forget to do it at home.

We bought these too and use them all the time!

love the sleeves - just had a bunch of clients use the printed tags, and not

have them protected in a huge storm in FL and they were not legible to the

porters.  The sleeves protect you - you can still get on cause the porters can look

up your cabin # but the lines to do this on a rainy day can be long.....

AND

I don't haul the tape or stapler, I ask the hotel desk for these the morning we sail

and they let me borrow their's.

love the sleeves - just had a bunch of clients use the printed tags, and not

have them protected in a huge storm in FL and they were not legible to the

porters.  The sleeves protect you - you can still get on cause the porters can look

up your cabin # but the lines to do this on a rainy day can be long.....

AND

I don't haul the tape or stapler, I ask the hotel desk for these the morning we sail

and they let me borrow their's.

That works if you follow everyone's good advice about flying in early.  Same day flights, not so much :)

Our last cruise we just got them at the pier.  My daughter just sailed on the Vision last week and did the same.  Both times all bags in our room by around 2:00PM.  Either RC has just really improved baggage delivery or we've just been lucky because on our last four cruises we have always gotton our bags very quickly.  Of course we are checking in before 11:00AM so this helps.  When we sailed the Jewel we went to our room when they open the corridors at 1:00PM and found our bags already in our room!

I think I'm going to try an idea I saw online.  Laminate the printed luggage tags, hole punch them and tie them on with zip ties.  I'm thinking this will work.  I should be able to have them laminated for just a buck or two (laminate them on one sheet and cut out) and the hole puncher and zip ties we already have at home.

If anyone who's cruised RCI before has any reason this is a bad idea feel free to let me know! 

I think I'm going to try an idea I saw online.  Laminate the printed luggage tags, hole punch them and tie them on with zip ties.  I'm thinking this will work.  I should be able to have them laminated for just a buck or two (laminate them on one sheet and cut out) and the hole puncher and zip ties we already have at home.

If anyone who's cruised RCI before has any reason this is a bad idea feel free to let me know! 

That should work just fine.  The good thing about the Amazon ones is they are reusable. Otherwise, same concept.