First Cruise on Anthem of the Sea, March 26-Apr 2 2023 Stateroom assignment with connecting room

Art T.

We booked two staterooms with connecting rooms option. We were made to select for one stateroom a room with connecting room and was charged quite a premium for it. However, one stateroom was not given a choice to select that other connecting room and until now it is still showing room as GTY. While the app shows we are on the same deck, the desktop website just shows REPRINT for the deck. The muster stations shows A03 and another as A3. Can anybody from RCC shed light on this worrisome status of our rooms? When should we be assigned this connecting rooms? What do we need to do to have this rooms assigned to our party? No one in his right mind will pay for a connecting room and not be "connected" to his party! 😞 First cruise on any ship and it does not feel reassuring. 😞 I really hope RCC can make this right very soon.

Disturbed,

Art

Edited by Art T.
Incomplete

When you made your purchase you should have picked the 2 staterooms that were connected to each other.  
it sounds like you purchased one connecting room and then 1 GTY (guaranteed room).  The GTY can be anywhere on the ship. 
did you use a travel agent?

did you book directly with Royal?

whoever you booked with, I’d call and see if there is anything you can do to get those cabins connected., it might cost you a lot of $$.  You might have to wait until the GTY is assigned to be able to move it., and even then if the GTY is not the same category they likely won’t give you the connecting cabin.

did you do a mock booking to see if the connecting cabin is still available?

Thanks Patty/Xaa for your replies. I booked directly and online and it was a big time reservation and first timer error on my part.  I called their customer service line but was informed the cruise is already fully-booked:( so no chance we could be "connected". I also did try to mock book for the same cruise/date and indeed it was no longer available. Bummer:( Will just have to wait for our stateroom assignment and go from there. On the bright side of this fiasco, however, i may have saved myself at least $600 bucks! 🙂

1 hour ago, Qeyton Dude said:

Have you tried scanning the barcode on the GTY reservation; you are close to being able to see the assigned room, it will be the numbers after the dash. 

I was just going to suggest this to you, @Art T.. I posted a while back on how to I viewed our GTY cabin assignment using the "Bar Code Trick".

Hi Qeyton and SPS, Cool! Cool! idea to scan the barcode! I downloaded a QR and Barcode scanner and indeed a series of SKU-like numbers appeared. There it was, our deck and what could be our room number indicated by the last 5 digits! 🙂 Thanks! Hoping that indeed this will be our room number eventually which would be near the already assigned connecting room. My question is this though, why would RCC go through this process? Beats me. 😞  At any rate, thanks both for the heads-up and tip. X fingers this is the one! 

On 3/3/2023 at 4:03 PM, Art T. said:

Hi Qeyton and SPS, Cool! Cool! idea to scan the barcode! I downloaded a QR and Barcode scanner and indeed a series of SKU-like numbers appeared. There it was, our deck and what could be our room number indicated by the last 5 digits! 🙂 Thanks! Hoping that indeed this will be our room number eventually which would be near the already assigned connecting room. My question is this though, why would RCC go through this process? Beats me. 😞  At any rate, thanks both for the heads-up and tip. X fingers this is the one! 

My understanding it that its tentative, and could still change before you sail, although from what I've heard ( limited ) it rarely does.