Mariner of the Seas dry dock

barjpoe

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2023 at 1:08 PM, Ampurp85 said:

I believe Mariner was amped sometime in 2018 because I sailed her Jan 2019 and she was just freshly amped.

Correct. A friend of mine sailed on Mariner in 2018 just after being amped.

Bottom paint, new zincs, prop balance or update perhaps. Azipod access with bearing replacement, lubrication, thruster maintenance, general inspection and cleaning.  Anything normally underwater that needs servicing otherwise there would be little need to dry dock.

Anchors and chains are laid out on the dry dock floor for inspection. Any valves used for sea water access for disposal, engine cooling and so on are inspected and replaced as needed.

Actually, I have no idea but that all seems at least possible.

On 3/15/2023 at 8:50 PM, Jill said:

I follow Marc Walker (Bing Bong) on Facebook. 

Pool deck is getting all new decking/flooring. She’s been painted and her big “dent” was fixed today. He’s onboard now with the CD staff.  He’s posted quite a few pics 

Also here

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2023/03/15/royal-caribbean-cancels-first-mariner-of-the-seas-sailing-after-scheduled-drydock

13 hours ago, bhee said:

Relieved to hear that, I am on the April 6th sailing. I will be happy when she is on her way back. Anyone know how long it takes to sail back to Port Canaveral?

Depends on seas, weather and how fast the captain wants to go but generally about a week.

On 3/24/2023 at 8:02 PM, bhee said:

Relieved to hear that, I am on the April 6th sailing. I will be happy when she is on her way back. Anyone know how long it takes to sail back to Port Canaveral?

According to Marc (CD) they expect 8 days. She’s supposed to arrive at PC 7:00am on April 5. 

On 3/15/2023 at 8:50 PM, Jill said:

I follow Marc Walker (Bing Bong) on Facebook. 

Pool deck is getting all new decking/flooring. She’s been painted and her big “dent” was fixed today. He’s onboard now with the CD staff.  He’s posted quite a few pics 

Just went and started following him, thank you!  Now that I see his name, and BingBong, I realized he was our first cruise director 😁 on Enchantment back in 2014!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2023 at 7:11 PM, CruisingSteve said:

Here is a picture someone posted of Mariner Skypad

340010836_5429204180514258_5609977120607538065_n.jpg

Totally agree with other comments, what a waste of space. 

How long took Mariner Dry Dock?
Wondering because I've reserved the TA on Adventure OTS just after its 2024 scheduled Dry Dock and hearing that the first sailing of Mariner after Dry Dock got cancelled because of delays makes me a little worried. 

1 hour ago, LAS said:

Could someone who sailed on the Mariner of the Seas after the March 2023 drydock speak to the cabins?  Were they updated?  New furnishings?  New color palate?

Thanks!

Most ships do not change a color scheme, only new ships will get a different one. They only update worn or damage items. I sailed her after she was amplified and while I believe a few cabins were added or changed, it was because they changed venues. A dry dock is just routine maintenance.