First Star Class Experience Allure Feb. 19-26th 2023

Yo2slick

So I decided not to do a live blog during our cruise so I could just relax and enjoy my vacation but I would love to tell you all about our first SC experience.  We learned a ton during this cruise and had some wonderful experiences and some not so great moments.  The not so great moments were from other guests that were "upset" because we skipped lines or had seats reserved for shows ect...  Star Class is something everyone should do at some point.  I can tell you everything we were able to do and things we requested but its more than that.  Our Genie Jay was the kindest and most outgoing person we could have ever hoped to meet and we consider him a member of our family now.  Its such a personal experience and I am sure its different for everyone.  

The thing I enjoyed most was not having to worry about scheduling anything or waiting in line at all.  If we had any issues our Genie took care of them and he made arrangements on the fly for us.  He texted and asked if our daughters would like to go ice skating and he would meet us at Studio B.  When we arrived the line was probably 200+ people deep and he walked us right in and they were on the ice in probably 5 minutes.  After the 20 minute session they were told they could go back out if they wanted.  That is just one of the many things he did for us and it really made our cruise that much more special. 

I'll try to separate everything out day by day and if anyone has a question about Star Class I would be more than happy to share what I know.

We are going in May on Allure.  Not our first star class but first on Allure.  Sorry to hear you had some  not so nice guests.  We only time we had an issue was debarkation walking past the lines.  A lady actually put her suitcase out in the aisle so we could not get by.

Do you know when Jay is going home.  We have had Smitha before and would like to experience someone new, not that there was anything wrong with her, just looking for a different experience.

22 minutes ago, MLH said:

We are going in May on Allure.  Not our first star class but first on Allure.  Sorry to hear you had some  not so nice guests.  We only time we had an issue was debarkation walking past the lines.  A lady actually put her suitcase out in the aisle so we could not get by.

Do you know when Jay is going home.  We have had Smitha before and would like to experience someone new, not that there was anything wrong with her, just looking for a different experience.

Allure is a wonderful ship, we really enjoyed it.  I'm not sure when Jay is going home, I'll have to ask my wife if she remembers.  When we jumped into the elevator this morning for debarkation a couple squeezed through the door after us.  I was smashed into the luggage cart and Jay told the man this was a priority elevator and they couldn't care less.  I just use people's attitudes as fuel to work harder and put in more effort so I can book another cruise.

I did experience other guests being rude once when we cut a line and i did blush, but now i am pretty sure i wouldn't care. I'm in the firm camp that at the rates they're charging these days, SC is clearly subsidizing other cabin categories. It's pretty clear that SC rates are escalating at a higher rate than any other room type.

Regardless, thanks for posting and I'll be following along!

Maybe I just don’t care and never notice but I’ve never identified any resentment behaviors from the GenPop when we’ve been granted line or access privileges re: SC.  Perhaps they’ve occurred and I just ignored them.  Honestly there are so few such instances of special priority that I haven't even thought about it..  

I guess there was one time….our very first SC experience….Reyno was our Genie (Harmony); a fella was sitting in one of our reserved seats at the Aqua Theater and refused to move.  Reyno tried to “handle it” himself but the man simply refused to budge.  It got quit “heated”.  Finally, security got involved and removed his ass but it was quite unpleasant.  It is my understanding (re: Reyno as we had him again as our Genie the next time we were SC) that one incident set a precedent so that if there is ever a “situation” with the GenPop, the Genie will not try to resolve it but immediately involve security.

Our genie had to ask some people to move from our seats on Harmony one time - she was a gem  "you may sit anywhere in the theatre except in these two seats."   You can't argue with that... well, I guess you could, but they didn't after she repeated herself a few times and even pointed out several options for them.