xSAILEDx Icon of the Seas - Feb 24, 2024 - Mar 2, 2024 (7 Night Eastern Caribbean & Perfect Day)

Well we just got back from our Wonder of the Seas and took advantage of the low deposit to secure a spot on the Icon! The Wonder was our first Royal Caribbean cruise and we were blown away. We have been on several other lines and we're so impressed with everything from the ship, to the staff, to the quality of service that we just had to book again. I'm excited to chat with anyone else on this sailing and cannot wait! Who is going with us?

• 3 months later...

Well we've been seeing some pretty awesome videos and she seems to be coming together nicely and quickly! The countdown is on! Anyone else notice how crazy expensive everything is though? When we were on Wonder in February, the water park at perfect day was like 70 bucks (which I thought was expensive) now it's like 200! Absolutely crazy!  What are your guys thoughts?

• AshleyDillo changed the title to Icon of the Seas - Feb 24, 2024 - Mar 2, 2024 (7 Night Eastern Caribbean & Perfect Day)
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, it's official! Crowns Edge is now available to book! I have to admit I was pretty excited about this..... that is until I saw the pricing. Currently it is 89 bucks for an approximately 90 second thrill. I, for one, think this is absolutely rediculous. Last year we paid 80 for a day pass to thrill island at coco cay.  I can see this costing around 19 bucks or so but 90???  What are your thoughts on this and am I alone in thinking this is just getting out of hand?

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/31/2023 at 11:12 PM, Morris Family said:

Well this seems interesting. 3 ships at cococay on the same day! And one is a icon class, and one is an oasis class. That's like close to 17k people lol. Wonder whose itinerary will be changed. Look at the attachment from cruisemapper.com

SmartSelect_20231031_230814_Chrome.jpg

That is certainly interesting. I have been to CocoCay twice in the past couple of years and both times our ship was the only ship there that day. I guess that streak will come to an end.

• 2 weeks later...

I think we should actively start watching for show reservations to get loaded! I have been checking daily and nothing yet.  I'm so excited to see the new shows especially Wizard of Oz. Should be epic! What shows are you excited for?

• 2 weeks later...

Well did everyone get checked in? I waited till midnight and website and app crashed. At one point it said I didn't even have a reservation! Talk about a stressful couple minutes! After I was able to to actually get on, I was able to secure an 1130 board time. I was hoping for that 9am but sadly no dice! Let me know what time you guys got!  

2 hours ago, Morris Family said:

Well did everyone get checked in? I waited till midnight and website and app crashed. At one point it said I didn't even have a reservation! Talk about a stressful couple minutes! After I was able to to actually get on, I was able to secure an 1130 board time. I was hoping for that 9am but sadly no dice! Let me know what time you guys got!  

What is the earliest possible time slot? I thought the earliest is around 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM...

43 minutes ago, putinbay said:

What is the earliest possible time slot? I thought the earliest is around 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM...

Honestly I guess I don't know! When we went on Wonder last February we had a 9am slot and it was awesome. We were among the first probably 50 people on board. Maybe it has changed though?

On 1/10/2024 at 12:50 PM, putinbay said:

The maiden voyage on January 27 saw 11:30 as the earliest. Not sure if that was because it's the first sailing with paid passengers and they want to push everything back to go smoothly knowing that likely fills will jump the gun and show up very early or if that's going to be the new normal earliest time for this terminal. 

2 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

The maiden voyage on January 27 saw 11:30 as the earliest. Not sure if that was because it's the first sailing with paid passengers and they want to push everything back to go smoothly knowing that likely fills will jump the gun and show up very early or if that's going to be the new normal earliest time for this terminal. 

That actually seems to make more sense. Maybe they pushed it back to allow for the increased volume of people not only getting on but also coming off it the ship (after the inaugural) I think you are on to something there!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Dadlorian said:

Yup.  Getting our family of four and checklist ready.

A passenger in the Facebook group just said this..

We sailed on Icon 2/10-2/17 and were only at 80% and they said it will be like that through July to work out any "issues" they may have.

That will be awesome! I also checked and don't hold me too it but we may be the only ship at Perfect Day. Another big bonus if it holds true

40 minutes ago, Dadlorian said:

Yup.  Getting our family of four and checklist ready.

A passenger in the Facebook group just said this..

We sailed on Icon 2/10-2/17 and were only at 80% and they said it will be like that through July to work out any "issues" they may have.

Checklist......check.... 🤩🥳😎

So ready to get out of Michigan!

• 2 weeks later...

Thought to share our story...   

In the heart of their Caribbean adventure aboard the Icon of the Seas, the Gorman family's day of exploration led them to a charming shop on St. Thomas. Amidst the excitement of discovering unique coins, their son accidentally left behind his phone. Unnoticed until they were back on the ship, the loss cast a shadow over their joyous experiences.

Yet, hope was rekindled by a series of heartwarming actions from strangers. The owners of the Crown Bay shop ( i dont have their names yet...) , embodying kindness and warmth, found the phone and knew they had to act. They returned it to a K9 Officer Molyneaux of the St. Thomas Port Authority. Confusion set in as there was two large cruise ships and no way to distinguish which one the phone should go to. With a keen sense of duty, he eventually found the message i had my Son place on the screen "If found, call this number" , a simple act that set a remarkable chain of events into motion.

Whilenthe phone sat alone on a shelf somewhere, Not knowing what to do next I launched a large campaign that you all saw 500k Facebook people many offer sympathy and advice. Your help was instrumental in narrowing down information that ultimately got us the photo and then the name of the business.

Enter Divya, a diligent Royal Caribbean Expert, who became the family's beacon of hope. With relentless dedication, she bridged the gap between the family and the authorities at the port and behind the scene staff. Her continuous efforts and coordination exemplified the compassion and commitment of the Royal Caribbean team. #DivyaisAwesome

This story transcends the simple return of a lost item; it's a testament to the kindness of strangers and the lengths to which people will go to help one another. Each character in this tale, from the shop owners to Officer Malou and Divya, played a pivotal role in weaving a narrative of empathy, action, and the joy of reuniting my son with his cherished pictures and phone. Their collective efforts showcase the best of human kindness, leaving the family with an unforgettable memory of their cruise and the people who turned a moment of distress into a heartwarming story of hope and kindness.

Thank you everyone.

Screenshot_20240229_155425_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240228_153246_Gallery.jpg

images (5).jpeg

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Icon of the Seas - Feb 24, 2024 - Mar 2, 2024 (7 Night Eastern Caribbean & Perfect Day)