Bring your own Condiments or Seasonings?

D Alt

3 hours ago, D Alt said:

Anyone bring their own seasonings, dressings or condiments ? 

I am thinking of taking some Himalayan sea salt and Everything Bagel Seasoning with me on my next one, mostly for Windjammer breakfast. 

I've never done it, although celiac DD has considered bringing things she wanted to be sure if. As long as they are in a sealed package when you come onboard, it shouldn't be a problem 

14 hours ago, SweetPea said:

Well, IDK if this counts, but i brought bleu cheese stuffed olives aboard for Bloody Marys and filthy martinis, and no one thought a thing of it. 😍

@SweetPea Curious how you did that, did you take them to one of the bars or lounges to be added to your drinks? Or did you somehow manage to make them in your room?

Both. We were Star Class, so i had a Bloody Mary standing breakfast room service order. But, i would bring a jar to the bar if i wanted a martini. I'd have loved it if they could've kept my jar there, but from experience on Norwegian, i know they are subject to Health Inspections at any time and that would be something frowned upon. I primarily bring them if our stateroom is close to a bar, because, let's face it ... it's a bit ridiculous to be carrying that around all night. 😆

Screenshot_20230228_100524_Samsung Internet.jpg

On 2/28/2023 at 8:53 AM, SweetPea said:

Both. We were Star Class, so i had a Bloody Mary standing breakfast room service order. But, i would bring a jar to the bar if i wanted a martini. I'd have loved it if they could've kept my jar there, but from experience on Norwegian, i know they are subject to Health Inspections at any time and that would be something frowned upon. I primarily bring them if our stateroom is close to a bar, because, let's face it ... it's a bit ridiculous to be carrying that around all night. 😆

I deleted the pic, but doggone that looks good.  Nothing better than a Bloody Mary at breakfast. 

My go to cruise breakfast - Coffee, Bloody Mary, eggs benedict, and a side of cold smoked salmon (sometimes a side of bacon too).

1 hour ago, FSUFAN said:

I deleted the pic, but doggone that looks good.  Nothing better than a Bloody Mary at breakfast. 

My go to cruise breakfast - Coffee, Bloody Mary, eggs benedict, and a side of cold smoked salmon (sometimes a side of bacon too).

That's the breakfast of vacation champions right there!

Not a condiment, but along the lines of bringing things with you...straws. 

I read awhile back RC changed to a new biodegradable straw, that did not wilt in your drink like a regular paper straw.  I forget the name of the new straw, but how is it holding up in a drink?  Does it alter the taste of your drink or get mushy?  Should I bring my own metal straws?

1 hour ago, DublinFC said:

Not a condiment, but along the lines of bringing things with you...straws. 

I read awhile back RC changed to a new biodegradable straw, that did not wilt in your drink like a regular paper straw.  I forget the name of the new straw, but how is it holding up in a drink?  Does it alter the taste of your drink or get mushy?  Should I bring my own metal straws?

New straws are great, but I still bring a straw with me just in case. They don't always give you a straw unless it's a frozen drink. 

On 2/28/2023 at 8:53 AM, SweetPea said:

Was your Bloody Mary included in star or an extra cost. I'm fuzzy on what alcohol will be delivered to our room that is included. I think I read (a while back, and not sure where) that shots and mixers would be delivered, but not mixed for you. It looks like a long walk from the 2BR ATS to Costal Kitchen without a drink in hand. 🤣

32 minutes ago, melmar02 said:

Was your Bloody Mary included in star or an extra cost. I'm fuzzy on what alcohol will be delivered to our room that is included. I think I read (a while back, and not sure where) that shots and mixers would be delivered, but not mixed for you. It looks like a long walk from the 2BR ATS to Costal Kitchen without a drink in hand. 🤣

All included. 😀

Glasses of wine were delivered. We got a bottle of wine and a bottle of champagne as well on embarkation.

My hubs drinks Coors Lite and bartenders would literally see him about the ship and flag him down to make sure he had enough in the room. If it was convenient for us and i had a beach bag with me, they'd load me up on the spot (I'd make hubs carry the beach bag at that point 🤣). If not, they'd radio someone to be sent to our room ASAP.

As far as shots, we only did that once when hubs felt like some tequila which he drinks straight, but obviously no issue with the standing Bloody Mary at 11am order. Note that if you do try the mixed drink or shot route, please either specify no ice or make sure someone is there to receive the order. They will leave it (maybe since we're 2 adults with no children in the room) and then ice will melt, making things not exactly ideal. 

Honestly, i think it'll be up to your Genie. Once upon a time they came around with a bar cart to SC rooms but we never saw that and I've not heard reports of the bar cart lately. 

And I feel your pain 😍. We're in a 2BRATs on Symphony next year and debated Deck 17 v Deck 8 to within an inch of its life when we booked. 😅