Fishing pole?

I just read where a guy on a Carnival Cruise fished from his balcony and CCL came down hard on the guy and banned him for life.  That could be a good thing or a bad thing depending on your perspective.  LOL

Also, one of my sons was a fishing nut.  I found a telescoping pole with micro reel at a garage sale and gave it to him. He carried it in his backpack when he was a student at UF.  He fished ponds around campus (catch and release) between classes all the time.  He had a small "Beetle Spin" lure on the rod and it worked for him. He said he would catch small bass and brim/blue gill all the time.  He did have a Florida Fishing license. 

My BIL has brought his collapsible fishing pole with him on cruises. It’s in a small travel bag that includes a small gear box. Never had an issue going through security. He always checked online and made sure he knew where it was permissible to fish at whatever port we were visiting and if any type of temporary permit was required. 
Oh, and if he ever considered trying to bring fish back to their cabin…my sister would have made sure that as the ship pulled away, he’d be standing on the dock with his precious fish!🫢

3 hours ago, Bill80 said:

yeah saw that. not so smart trying to fish from your balcony. i wanna fish in the ports....not from the cruise itself. 

What was REALLY dumb was posting that video of him doing it.  I don't know if that's how Carnival found out about it, but him posting it might make others decide to do the same thing.  Carnival had to make an example of him to prevent that.

On 4/25/2023 at 6:21 PM, Bill80 said:

I am really curious to know what happened with the fishing pole, did they get to fish in any port? any issues? any luck? please let me know before my cruise lol

he made it on no issues, but he didn't end up using it