Non U.S. citizen passport expires in less than 6 months

Piero

I'm going to have a cruise in less than a month to nassau-cococay, but my passport expires 5 months after the cruise ends, I'm from Peru and right now I'm not currently at my country so I don't have the chance to renew it, is there somebody who has already boarded the cruise without been denied? What are the chances of being denied?

I don't know the actual answer to this but if you go directly to Royal Caribbean's website it says this:

Accepted Identification for International Guests (non-U.S. Citizens)

• For US Sailings: Non-US Citizens will require a passport valid at least 6 months after your cruise ends and the necessary visa for entry into the United States. On Transatlantic and Transpacific sailings European and Chinese guests will require ESTA (Europe) and EVUS (China).

We actually ran into this situation with my mom for our cruise coming up in two weeks. We are Canadian, and her passport expires in July 2023. After reading this on Royal's site, and not wanting to risk being denied boarding, she went ahead and renewed her passport a few weeks ago.

1 hour ago, RCVirgin22 said:

I'm actually curious why it needs to be six months after the cruise, I can understand mere weeks being an issue but in what scenario would you be detained for six months or longer if something were to happen at a port? Aside from illegal activities of course. 

It's so you don't overstay your limit to the point a given country can't send you home because your passport is expired.

I would contact the Peru Embassy or closest Consulate near you. They may be able to help you renew your passport without having to go back to Peru.  This is typically one of the functions of Embassies and Consulate offices in supporting their citizens while abroad. I wouldn’t chance not having the proper travel documents and being turned down at the port and having to forfeit the cruise fare. 

• 6 months later...
On 2/25/2023 at 12:59 AM, Piero said:

I'm going to have a cruise in less than a month to nassau-cococay, but my passport expires 5 months after the cruise ends, I'm from Peru and right now I'm not currently at my country so I don't have the chance to renew it, is there somebody who has already boarded the cruise without been denied? What are the chances of being denied?

Hello Piero, how it went for you? Did you renewed before boarding or they let you move with 5month left on passport.