Multiple specialty restaurants reservations in one night

ScottW3

2 hours ago, ScottW3 said:

With the UDP, can you have an early and late dinner on the same night all covered by the UDP. I couldn't find a definite answer. Thanks

Yes, so long as the restaurant can accommodate you, you can eat twice at 2 different specialty restaurants.  What you cannot do is eat twice at the same <certain> restaurants, e.g., Playmakers.

• 6 months later...

Hello,  I was just wondering if scheduling 2 restaurants on the same day worked out. On a recent cruise on Oasis, we were told by the concierge that we could only have 1 dinner reservation each port day and 1 dinner and 1 lunch on sea days with the UDP. We were surprised since customer service (prior to the cruise) indicated that the UDP could be used for multiple dinners a night as long as there was a reservation available. When we got back, I checked with customer service (they indicated that they would call the ship to find out what happened). As it turns out they indicated that the concierge was correct (regardless of availability you may only have 1 dinner on port days and 1 dinner/1lunch on sea days under the plan) and apologized for the mistake made by customer service. So, I was just wondering what your experience was. Thank you

Yes, you are correct.  You can only make 1 reservation per meal with the UDP.  IF, however, you want to eat at another specialty restaurant later....let's say, you decide you want to eat at Chop's at 6:00 but then you want to go to Wonderland for dessert at 8:00 (I use this scenario since it is one I have used myself, in the past), you are welcome to do that as long as Wonderland can accommodate you.  While we have never tried to eat 2 full meals at 2 separate restaurants, you COULD do that if the second restaurant has a table available.  I can barely finish one specialty meal much less trying to eat a second meal, later....but it can be done !!

If you don't have the UDP, is it possible to go to Wonderland just for dessert?  We don't want to have dinner there but there were some desserts that looked worth trying.  Obviously, it would be something we'd pay a la carte for and I'm guessing it's also by availability.  

5 hours ago, KJ777 said:

If you don't have the UDP, is it possible to go to Wonderland just for dessert?  We don't want to have dinner there but there were some desserts that looked worth trying.  Obviously, it would be something we'd pay a la carte for and I'm guessing it's also by availability.  

Doubtful.  Not sure how they would calculate the cost of just dessert.  Never tried it though....